“Best Food Ever!”
Review of Hartstone Inn

Hartstone Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Hartstone Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Washington St. and Free St.
Description: Butter poached Maine lobster over angel hair, Pistachio Crusted Lamb chops, Seared Diver Scallops and Grilled Salmon Nicoise are just a sample of what diners might experience at the Hartstone Inn. Steps from Camden harbor, Fodor's considers the Hartstone Inn "An elegant and sophisticated retreat and culinary destination offering a unique experience in pampered luxury." Choose from our ala carte menu which rotates weekly or our 5-course tasting menu ($48.50). With advanced notice we are happy to accommodate allergies or dislikes and create a menu especially for you. Our cellar list offers a selection of 150 bottles, starting at $24, and lauded by Wine Specatator. Proud recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award and the American Culinary Federation Achievement of Excellence award.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We try very hard to go to Maine at least once a year. Camden is one of our favorite places to visit.
We ALWAYS eat at the Hartstone Inn. The food is fabulous. Everything is delicious. I believe you have to be a guest to enjoy the great breakfasts, but dinner is open to the public. The food is all wonderful, the presentation is beautiful. The staff is friendly and helpful. They are very cooperative if you have food allergies or restrictions. Try it, you will love it. And make sure you have dessert!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Pros: The food was presented beautifully and tasted very good. not the best ever, but very good.
Cons: The sunroom (where the majority of the tables are) is tiny and they crammed 9(!) tables in there. It was ackward to get up to use the restroom, just moving by set back 8-9" to get up I hit the gentleman's chair behind me, then I had to shimmy around the poor woman seated at the table directly in front of the ship sized bathroom to use the restroom, it was very uncomfortable.
Expensive- $55pp chef's tasting menu (5 courses) plus 2 cocktails & 2 beers, plus 20% service fee added directly to the bill: Dinner for two more than $170.
The food was good, but considering the tighness of the space and that the food was not exceptional just very good- I would probably not go back. With that said, I have been wanting to go there for months and I am glad I had the chance to try them out.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The dinner was fabulous! Presention was amazing, the staff was very accomodating and it was in a comfortable setting. Though ,I do agree that the breakfast had no choices and it always started with something a bit heavy for for my taste. All in all, you would be missing out on some great food if you did not dine here where you are in Camdem.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is an inn in the middle of Camden, Maine.

Pros: great location, wonderful and very well prepared breakfast, love the $5 Martinis at 5 PM. Most of the staff was very helpful by suggesting day trips, restaurants, etc. My wife developed a cold and the staff helped us find a walkin clinic nearby. Dinner is one of the best meals we had in a long time. The inn is quiet and relaxing. We also liked that they freshened your room while you were at breakfast.

Cons: parking is a little tight. Those with mobility issues or lots of luggage may want to stay on the lower floors. We were in Mansard and it is up two flights of narrow stairs. Some of the staff seemed a little aloof.

1  Thank chadz52
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at the Hartstone Inn to celebrate our anniversary and couldn't have been happier. Every staff member was friendly and helpful. Dinner was beautifully presented and delicious--we enjoyed the 5-course tasting experience. Each course was delightful.. and not overwhelming in quantity. We had feared that it would be too much food-- but it was perfect. Served at a relaxed pace. We never felt rushed. The ambience was cozy and inviting. The entire inn is very well-appointed. The innkeepers have done an outstanding job anticipating wants and needs of their guests.....from the delectable 2-course breakfast to homemade cookies during afternoon tea, to a variety of movies available for viewing to umbrellas left for our use as we ventured into the nearby downtown on a rainy, Camden afternoon. Our room was warm and inviting. In fact, although the weather was cold and rainy for 2 of our 3 days there, we weren't bothered at all as the inn was such a wonderful place to spend much of our time. We'll definitely be repeat customers on our next visit to Camden!