“Hartstone Inn - Birthday Get Away”
Review of Hartstone Inn

Hartstone Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Hartstone Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Washington St. and Free St.
Description: Butter poached Maine lobster over angel hair, Pistachio Crusted Lamb chops, Seared Diver Scallops and Grilled Salmon Nicoise are just a sample of what diners might experience at the Hartstone Inn. Steps from Camden harbor, Fodor's considers the Hartstone Inn "An elegant and sophisticated retreat and culinary destination offering a unique experience in pampered luxury." Choose from our ala carte menu which rotates weekly or our 5-course tasting menu ($48.50). With advanced notice we are happy to accommodate allergies or dislikes and create a menu especially for you. Our cellar list offers a selection of 150 bottles, starting at $24, and lauded by Wine Specatator. Proud recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award and the American Culinary Federation Achievement of Excellence award.
wayland
“Hartstone Inn - Birthday Get Away”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

To the staff at the inn,

Thank you for making our weekend get away special, as usual our stay was so relaxing. This is the first time visiting that we stayed in the hideway, staff was so friendly. This was our 4th time and we plan to return. Please extend our compliment to the chef. The duck mushroom tart was out of this world. We love duck so it was a special treat. I’ll have to try duplicating the crusted salmon as well.

Best regards,

Helen and Bob

Camden, Maine
“This is NOT fine dining”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'd been meaning to try the Hartstone for months. Having eaten at all the other restaurants in Camden and reading the trip advisor reviews I was really looking forward to it.

Pluses - Lovely ambiance, great decor, fantastic service. Nice lobster bisque.

Minuses - My starter of duck and mushroom tart was cold. The pastry seemed confused as to what it was meant to be. There was way too much of it and it was dry.

Sorbet. Do not put sorbet on the menu as a course!!!! A teaspoon of palate cleanser generally comes free and unannounced in any 'fine dining' restaurant worth it's salt.

The sweet potato crusted salmon was over-cooked and tasted awful. The flavours were all over the place. My husband and myself were both starving having not eaten all day and couldn't finish it. It's very rare I leave food on a plate, even if it's so-so. The accompanying veg (carrots, broccoli, courgette) was WAY over-cooked and bland. The kind of food you would get in a UK hospital. The wild rice was so over-cooked it was watery mush.

The desert was meant to be a hazelnut soufflé. Mine was practically raw, had no flavour and after one spoon I couldn't manage any more.

I love all kinds of food. High end - Michelin starred places, cheap-and-cheerful fish n' chips, burger joints and everything in between.

There are plenty of other eateries in Camden that walk all over the meal I had at the Hartstone and for a fraction of the cost.

Maybe we went on an off day but we were not impressed.

5 Thank Exlondon L
Brookfield, Connecticut
“Wonderful Dining!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Restaurant at The Hartstone Inn is excellent!! The menu is always delicious and unique! Chef Michael and his staff really know how to do it right! The portions are perfect, the ambiance is romantic, the service is exceptional! We live about 6 hours away and have to keep coming back several times a year because it's just that wonderful!! When you are in Camden, Maine this is a must do!!

Rockland, Maine
“Left very hungry.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very unhappy with portions of food and only having that choice available. The guests I attended with seemed content but I feel as if they were just being nice. Very friendly staff and chef, but could be better.

• Visited December 2012
“Totally wonderful experience from first bite to last.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Thirteen family members cooked pasta with Chef Michael in the afternoon and then came back for a five course dinner in the evening. Every moment was a delight. The food was exquisite, beautifully presented and creatively plated. Love the blueberry sorbet and lovely risotto. Cauliflower soup was a surprise perfection. (I don't usually like cauliflower.). I could go on. Suffice to say this is a must visit in Camden. As good as any dinner I'm Boston!