I'm currently staying at the Fort Knox Inn and although I'm on the street side, it's rather quiet here. As others pointed out, the breakfast doesn't leave you with a whole lot of choices, but at least it's free and you don't have to start the day on an empty stomach.
The rooms are clean and provide a fair amount of space.
The staff is very friendly, the whole atmosphere is more familiar than at other places where it tends to be more formal. Parking and WiFi are free.
I like this hotel, I would come back anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Knox Inn is right in beautiful downtown Bucksport, close to the Maine Maritime Academy, Fort Knox State Park, Penobscot Narrows Observatory & Bridge, and Verso Paper Company. A marina is located directly in front of the property, with a waterside walkway 1/2 mile; and near the Bar Harbour and Acadia National Park. The hotel offers free parking, free high speed internet access, FREE breakfast, snack and soda machines, Colonial-style cherry furnishings, air conditioning, hair dryer and coffee maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fort Knox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Knox Hotel Bucksport
- Best Western Bucksport
- Bucksport Best Western
- Fort Knox Inn Bucksport, Maine