“Clean, quiet, quaint, and friendly owners - everything I want for an overnight stay.”

Bucksport Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bucksport
Woodbine, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Knowing nothing about this area, we wanted some place within a short distance of Castine, ME. We chose this Inn after a 3 hour internet search of B & B's, hotels and motels for various reasons: price, quaintness and the fact that it's a small privately owned venture. It's a short distance off the road, therefore no noticable noise from the street traffic, yet an easy walk to the center of town, and the start of the river walk just a block down the street. The owners were very friendly, and most helpful with accomodating an early arrival and restaurant suggestions. The room was notably clean, the beds were VERY comfortable, and it's easy to see the progress made in modernizing an older motel. We will definitely stay here again when coming up in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

Very clean facility. Rooms included a microwave and refrigerator. Older style inn, but in very good condition. Proprietress was very friendly.

Grocery & doughnut store within walking distance. Close to a view of Fort Knox & Penobscot Narrows Bridge. Several restaurants close by.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — no internet access
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Mequon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

Traditional family run road side motel where you park right outside your door. Our room had been completely remodeled - new furniture, flat screen TV, new sink, toilet and faucets in the tub, all new flooring, even new patio chairs and table outside the door. Well kept grounds with flower boxes. Right on Rte. 1 near the Penobscot Narrows Bridge with a long driveway that separates you from the highway noise. The room had a firm king size bed, microwave, coffee maker and small refrigerator. With a couple of items from the grocery a block away, we did our own continental breakfast in the room. Some of the small things are a nice change from the big-box chain motels - real ceramic tile on the walls in the bath and real wood crown molding in room and bath. A minor inconvenience was the one outlet that our cell phone charger wouldn't stay plugged into. Friendly folks and great value.

• Liked — Cleanliness, location, quiet
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

We (family with one 8-year old) stayed there one night on the way to visit friends. A simple place, but friendly and clean, and convenient for the road.

Ask them about Duffys (sp?), a great diner up the road for breakfast.

• Liked — Simple, friendly
  • Disliked — Very simple
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2007

I am writing a review on this inn because I depend on others opinions to make reservations etc.
I made the reservation based on the review of another TripAdvisor member and I was very pleased.
I have allergies and cannot tolerate strong smells or must/mildew etc. or pet dander. All rooms were non-smoking. (They have a few rooms set aside for those with pets.)
I knew the hotel was older but we booked it anyway and gave it a try. We were thrilled with the accommodations. The room(s) were clean (extremely so), the area pretty quiet and only 20 minutes from Bangor. The owners were pleasant and we had no problems whatsoever.
Yes the decor is 50's style - but the beds/bedding better than most motels I have stayed in for comfort and cleanliness. I usually do not sleep the first night away from home - but no problems at all sleeping through the night soundly.
You won't be disappointed with your accommodations and when we go back to the area, we will definitely stay in the same place.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — there really wasn't anything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2007

I needed a place to stay one night while on the way to Prince Edward Island and I chose the Bucksport Motor Inn after seeing their website. I paid 56 dollars after my AAA discount and with all taxes included. The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The motel itself is conveniently located-a supermarket and several fastfood places are in easy walking distance, and the center of town and other businesses are a reasonable walk as well. In the evening, I took a walk down the main street and got something to eat at the local pizza place, then came back along a nice riverfront walkway that looks out on a very impressive new bridge that spans the Penobscot River. I bought a pint of ice cream at the supermarket and when I got to my room I realized I didn't have a spoon. I went down to the office and the husband(it's a family-owned motel)was happy to lend me a spoon. Both he and his wife were friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to anyone looking for reasonably-priced accomodations in that area.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank cp64
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

Our family group of 8 people stayed at the Bucksport Motor Inn and found it to be very clean and affordable with a real homestyle feel - a quality that you don't find very much anymore in traveling. It was quiet and friendly - each of our rooms had a microwave and a small refrigerator and it was easy to get our luggage in and out. The shower was great and the beds were extremely comfortable. We sat outside under the pines and had wine and cheese while we waited for everyone in our group to arrive which never would have happened if we had stayed at a chain hotel. Eddie, the owner, was so hospitable - recommended a local restaurant, called ahead for us and even came to find us when the restaurant called to say that my dad had left his wallet there. And, as dog lovers, we were thrilled to get our fido-fix with the resident golden retriever, Winston. The motel isn't fancy but it is very nice, clean and I would stay there again anytime I was in the area. This is a family run business and sure beats an impersonal chain!

• Liked — Friendly and personal attention
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank erika w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucksport
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor
Fort Knox Inn
Fort Knox Inn
#2 of 2 in Bucksport

Been to Bucksport Motor Inn? Share your experiences!