“Great sea food and comfort food”

MacLeod's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Bucksport
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the center of downtown Bucksport in the historic Bradley Block building, just a short walk from the town dock. MacLeod's has been a landmark restaurant in the midcoast area for over 30 years specializing in fresh seafood and aged steaks and comfort food. Known for delicious burgers, soups and chowders.Dress is casual, children's menu available, air conditioning and full bar with local micro brews available.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Plenty of parking behind the restaurant, MacLeod's is a Bucksport mainstay, offering a wide variety of fresh sea food, fried or broiled, as well as homey favorites like meat loaf and mac and cheese. Great view of Penobscot Bay and Fort Knox. Good, solid service and excellent deserts. A must stop. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

In a small northern Maine town in the middle of February, people can't ask for much, so this restaurant, one of VERY few open in the area, was the logical choice. Fortunately, it was across the street from where I was lodging.

The seafood chowder was very good. That was the special and my main course. The side salad that came with it was passably minimal. Staff were fine. I was the last customer for the evening - the doors were locked at 8. The martini was not bad at all, though a little small. All said, I'll probably eat there again when I return in late April.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were in this restaurant for nearly two hours on a Tuesday night. The service was attentive and the food was good, but it just took forever for them to make our food. I am not sure I will go back, though there just aren't many options to eat when I'm in Bucksport.

mainemacleod, Owner at MacLeod's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Hi,
First, thanks for trying our place and taking the time to share your thoughts. As a matter of course our servers try to get to every table within one minute after guests are seated. When orders are placed in the kitchen, they are timed to come out in 12-15 minutes. That said, servers are trained to let each customer set the pace of service so no one feels rushed. Evidently, our plan went awry at your table. So sorry to disappoint. If you give us another try on your next visit
please ask for George so I can give your table my personal attention. Thanks, again!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Bucksport is small - like the kind of place where everybody knows everybody - but they do have some franchises, so its not tiny. But McLeods is the gem of stick to your ribs, filling and comforting food. I did not rank it excellent because gourmet or foody love - but because I had a really nice meal with my family and did not have to worry that we were too loud. Often places like this, the food is lousy and the servers don't care. Here the servers wanted to get to know you and tell you about their town and the food was the best of Mom's Holiday dinners.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I visit Bucksport nearly every year and eat at MacLeod's every trip. This year our party include 10 - 9 adults and 1 child. We had dinner here all three of the nights we were in Bucksport and each meal was excellent. The menu offers good variety and options more than just seafood. The beer and wine options are great as well. The homemade chicken and rice soup was delicious. The smoked seafood appetizer platter was wonderful and very unusual. Be sure to save room for the desserts - they are wonderful - peanut butter pie, coconut cream pie and berry cobbler - so yummy. The staff are great - very friendly and super efficient. I look forward to returning next year.