“Family looks forward to this for months.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carrier's Mainely Lobster
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Bucksport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are seasonal closed for the season, see you in 2017! Carriers Mainely Lobster is a a family owned business specializing in seafood, burgers, sandwiches, fresh fish, and ice cream (hard serve and soft serve). We are a casual take-out or eat-in restaurant, renowned for Fresh seafood and excellent service! After 16 years in the fishing industry, BJ Carrier decided to start his own restaurant with his wife, Tory. Renowned for Fresh seafood and excellent service! Carrier's Mainely Restaurant was rewarded with the Bucksport Chamber of Commerce's "New Business of the Year!" We must be doing something right!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Family looks forward to this for months.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family lives in Maryland, so we know a little bit about seafood.

We have been coming to the Bucksport area every summer for 20 years. We've tried many of the lobster pounds and casual restaurants from Belfast to Bar Harbor. We found Carriers a few years ago and is our favorite. Fresh fish from Portland, lobsters from Stonington, and starting last year they added Giffords ice cream. Portions are huge, so feel comfortable ordering a small. A haddock basket, fish and chips, scallops, or a huge lobster roll, you can't go wrong. In July make sure you specify if you want a hard shell or a shedder (new softer shell) lobster since they are priced differently.

Eat outside on the picnic tables while the young kids play on the swing set, or eat in the casual dining room. Just be prepared to pick up your food when your number is called.

I love the board with all the lobster trap buoys and a listing of all the boats and captains that provide lobsters to Carriers.

A great place to eat.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BJ C, Owner at Carrier's Mainely Lobster, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hi Rich, Thanks for the kind words. Our family takes pride in our business so being recognized for what we do by another family is sweet for us! And when we read you are a Maryland seafood lover, with 20 years of Maine dining experience, we are so honored to you to have found Carrier's and taking the time to write. Please say hi next time your in the area. BJ & Tory Carrier.

Carmel, Maine
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Carrier's Mainely Lobster is such a wonderful place to go! We had 2 Haddock baskets (one with regular fries, one with onion rings) & an "Emmy" Burger basket (with sweet potato fries). The portions were unbelievably big, the bathrooms were clean, the prices were fair. As for the stafff... we couldnt have been happier with how friendly, quick and helpful they were. We even got to meet the owner. A delightful place, I hope to return often!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ScottysMumma
Thanks ScottsMumma, we see from your photo in our lobster chairs that you we here recently. Glad you meals were "Amazing" and especially happy you're using our photo on Tripadvisor! See you when you return.
Bucksport, Maine
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Always get a great meal from Carriers. The Customer service is excellent and all needs are always made with a nice smile!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BJ C, Owner at Carrier's Mainely Lobster, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thanks for noticing our service. Our staff works hard to give a wholesome Maine experience to our guests, so we love hearing that you appreciated them. I'll pass this on to the crew!
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very pleased with my visit, the owner was very helpful with picking out our lobster to take back home to Indiana

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Indiana! That's quite a trip for our Carrier's Mainely Lobsters. So glad you told us where you were headed so we could pick and pack the "select" hearty lobsters to make the trip safely. Thanks for extending our Carrier's family to Indiana. Stop in and say HI when you return to Maine.
Illinois
“Fantastic Lobster Roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stopped at Carrier's mid day for lunch, this was my first visit there. I ordered the lobster roll, coleslaw and a drink and ate outside. I wish I had gone inside the dining room just to take a look, but it was a perfect day and I stayed outside. Everything was neat and clean. The young lady who took my order was knowledgeable and polite. I did notice so many high school aged employees working, and I mean working. Everyone was busy and it was easy to see they were all paying attention to their jobs. The food came up fast. As I said, it was a beautiful day so I sat outside at the picnic tables. The lobster roll was perfect, there was plenty of lobster on it, and the roll was toasted so perfectly it tasted great. The coleslaw had great flavor too. The price was reasonable, and sadly I did not have room for ice cream.
The day I left for home I had to drive through Bucksport, I had made up my mind that if Carrier's was open I would stop for another lobster roll. It was just too early in the day so I didn't get it. So, on my next visit to the area I will make sure to dine at Carrier's more than once! Reading some of the other reviews I would say the twin lobsters are in my future!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank tenntrvl
Thanks for noticing BOTH our staff and our food. We are so fortunate to have found excellent young high school workers. Many make the honor roll and we strive to have them work with us a few seasons before they head off to continue their education. They train the new employees in how important it is for guests like you to have a great experience. We appreciate you sharing your experience at Carrier's Mainely Lobster. We'll have those lobsters for you when you return!