“Excellent Maine food”

Carrier's Mainely Lobster
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Bucksport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Thanks for a great season, see you again in 2018! Carriers Mainely Lobster is a a family owned business specializing in seafood, burgers, sandwiches, fresh fish, and ice cream (hard serve and soft serve). We are a casual take-out or eat-in restaurant, renowned for Fresh seafood and excellent service! After 16 years in the fishing industry, BJ Carrier decided to start his own restaurant with his wife, Tory. Renowned for Fresh seafood and excellent service! Carrier's Mainely Restaurant was rewarded with the Bucksport Chamber of Commerce's "New Business of the Year!" We must be doing something right!
Reviewed June 30, 2013

When I don't want to cook at home, my go-to place is Carrier's. Right from the courteous and friendly staff at the window, to the ice cream cone at the end of the meal, this place is tops for me and my family. The seafood is my favorite.... along with the sweet potato fries. I hear they make a mean burger, too! We have taken advantage of the picnic tables nestled in the back or on a cool day, the indoor tables in the dining room. If I want to cook a mess of steamers and/or have my lobster at home, I know I will get a fair price and superb quality. I highly recommend Carrier's as the place to stop for consistently excellent service and authentic Maine food.

Bj C, Owner at Carrier's Mainely Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Thanks so much for stopping in and visiting us. We love seeing you. Bj

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went through Bucksport on our way to bar harbor. We looked on trip advisor for a good place. Found Carrier's had good reviews and decided to stop. We were so happy we did. We got a hamburger and handcut fries and a hot dog wrapped in bacon. I couldn't believe the prices were so low when we got such good food. We decided on the way home we needed to stop again. This time we got the scallop roll and haddock sandwich. OMG, the haddock sandwich was HUGE and over flowing the bun for only $7.00 too. The scallop roll had sea scallops not bay scallops. It was only $5.25. Dining room is in the back but order at window and eat there or take out. Very good soft serve ice cream (creamy) and good portions for low cost. Recommend this place to anyone and it is a must for anyone going through Bucksport.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Always a stop on our annual Maine vacation. This year it was the first stop. Had the fried scallop roll with fries and onion rings! The seafood here is always fresh and a great value. My kids who are not fish friendly had a chicken nugget basket. Three kid shared one basket and we still had left overs! The fish and chips here is amazing as well as the fried shrimp! They have a great beer selection as well. If you ate looking for fresh Maine seafood with a local atmosphere and great value - Carrier's is a must!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Delicious food, friendly service, generous portions, and very reasonably priced! The lobster rolls were my favorite by far. I couldnt get over how much lobster meat was in the roll.....YUMMY! what a great find, we will be back!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Delicious food, reasonable prices and a friendly staff make for a great experience all around. Wet look forward to going back and trying the rest of the menu.