“Great place!”

Cuisines: American
Description: phone 207-942-4500
Description: phone 207-942-4500
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The service can be slow at times, but the food is great. You have to try the All you can Eat haddock on Fridays or All you can Eat Shrimp on Saturdays. They have an awesome chicken Caesar salad too. Breakfast is good, but they don't add a lot of seasoning.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I ate here on July 5th, after visiting Fort Knox. It's located right on the main road, so you can't miss it. We parked & walked down the street looking for a place to eat, & it was the only place open at the time.
The staff was nice, the atmosphere was laid back, & the food was delicious. We sat on the deck, which was covered to keep out the birds & pests, but is clear so it doesn't interfere with the view. (The town is such a pretty place.)
Most importantly, the food tasted great. We shared the creamy lobster soup. It was amazing! My husband doesn't usually eat lobster, & he loved it. The crab cakes were also superb. The are topped with a delicious sauce as well.
If you visit Bucksport, you should eat at this restaurant.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast on our way to Bar Harbor. It was on the water and looked like a nice place and many of the locals were there.

The staff was friendly, it was clean but breakfast was just average. My mushroom, onion and cheese omelet was thin and the onions were hard. The potatoes tasted like they had been sitting out and the English Muffin was not quite done. My friends agreed about the potatoes but enjoyed their over easy eggs.

It was filled with locals and seemed like the place to be. It may be a good place to grab a sandwich, but I don't know if I'd try it again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a cozy winter lunch here. There was not much else open in town, but we were pleasantly surprised to find this little gem. The staff was very accommodating with our large group of kids and adults and worked with us to seat us separately and bill us by family. The view of Fort Knox and the Penobscot Narrows Bridge can't be beat, and the food was basic, but tasty. I had a fabulous salmon sandwich. I ate the salmon but not the bread, and it was really good! Nice find in Bucksport!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were driving through Maine on a Sunday and there wasn't much to choose from. Good choice.

It was a busy Sunday in mid-October - prime leaf peeping time. We were greeted quickly and seated - not too many open tables. Drinks were a little slow in coming, but our order came out quickly. I had the tuna melt with chowder. It would rank as the 3rd best chowder of the trip - still a little on the thin side for my tastes. My wife had crab cakes - which were good.. The view looking across the harbor is very nice, and could see that this would be a great place to sit outside on a warm summer afternoon with a mild breeze soaking up the sunshine and just watching the world go by with a drink in your hand. Today the wind was up and the temperature was down, so we stayed inside.

Come for the view and to lounge around. Food is good; but I don't think I would drive out of the way for it.