“Stop. Don't bother looking any farther. Really.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Williams Pond Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bucksport
Williams Pond Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Bucksport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Grafton, Massachusetts
“Stop. Don't bother looking any farther. Really.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We travel extensively and prefer B&B's so we have some comparisons in mind when we say this was a perfect experience. I know 'perfect' may be subjective but we wanted remote, quiet, exceptionally clean, great (really great) home cooked breakfasts and a very attentive personal host ... and that's what we got from David. Our "Treehaven" room's windows opened to a babbling brook fed by the recent rains, one of our all time favorite sounds. Very comfy bed and absolutely immaculate in every way, so much so we asked if the building was brand new ("No, but I like to maintain it that way" says David) ... blueberry muffins, banana pancakes, fresh fruit, excellent french-press coffee, custom omelets and little extras for our 15 month old baby. Kayaks and canoes, fire pit and Adirondack chairs to just sit and watch the morning mist on the pond. All solar powered only ... even to cook the english short-bread and chocolate brownies too :) Of course it's a great location, just 20 min south of Bangor, close to Bah Hahbuh .. we even drove a beautiful 1.75 hours up to Moosehead lake in Rt.15 (highly recommended). We will be back asap.

Room Tip: "Treehaven" room's windows opened to a babbling brook fed by the recent rains, one of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TerrenceDana

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

A great stopping-off place between the Bangor Airport and Mt. Desert Island, Williams Pond Lodge will help you slow down, decompress, enjoy nature, and eat very well. Solar-powered, off the grid, but with a generator to insure plenty of light on cloudy days, this small ( 3 guest rooms) lodge is cozy, clean, and very comfortable. Host David is friendly and welcomes guests with home-baked goodies: a tin of shortbread left on your bed, fresh-baked pies, brownies, and delicious breakfasts: lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, and home made granola, followed by hot breakfast entrees. Canoes and kayaks are available for use by guests, and David has many recommendations for things to do in the surrounding

The lodge is just 30 minutes from Bangor, just outside Bucksport, within easy driving distance for day trips to Castine, Deer Isle, and Blue Hill, with Stonington and Acadia National Park a bit further, but also within range.

Note: The lodge is well-appointed, but if shampoo, conditioner, and a hairdryer are part of your normal daily routine, you should plan to bring your own; not surprisingly, perhaps, in this eco-friendly environment, there are no hair dryers on the property.

Room Tip: We enjoyed Treehaven, with windows facing the pond and the forest
Green Features: Wonderful solar-powered lodge with careful attention to earth-friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartsoSwan
Ferndale, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We just got back from a 4 day stay at Williams Pond Lodge. We had a wonderful time and were thoroughly impressed with the place. David, the inn-keeper was amazing and treated us very well. The place was charming, rustic and inviting. The first morning we were unable to stay for breakfast because we booked whale watching in Bar Harbor, David packed us a breakfast complete with cloth napkins. Now folks, that is service! Not only did we get wonderful breakfasts we got late night desserts and great conversations with the other guests and the inn keeper. It felt like staying with family. Loved every moment. Definitely will return. Mike E. and Bryan K ( Michigan).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband & I just had our first vacation alone in 33 years of marriage and chose to stay at Williams Pond Lodge. What an experience. So peaceful, so relaxing. David is such a wonderful host. We arrived strangers and felt that we left him friends. He has that kind of magic! Our room was so very comfy and cozy! The views of the pond and our morning nature walks are something we will remember for a long time. We did not want to leave. Our breakfasts were so special. It was hard leaving the table. And his desserts...Oh, what a treat! It rained out whole weekend, but we could not have been happier. Another family was staying the same weekend and our final night there, we stayed up till midnight playing 'Bananagrams". We had never played and it was such a riot. I can't say enough about our experience. We can't wait to return...hopefully sooner than later. If you want a private, natural setting with good food and fellowship, William's Pond Lodge is the place to stay and David Weeda is the person to meet.

Karin aka Gaylord

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cobb Hill room, but all the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank noobeegin
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Let me start by telling you that if you dont like timber and pond you have problems haha. The drive you take to this green friendly lodge goes a mile through the timber and is beautiful sight when you pull up to the pond. Then we met David and he is the host with the most wonderful personality. He always had goodies for us in the room and if there were extras at breakfast he made a care package for us to go up to the cadillac mountain to hike and other things. We met couple of his friends and played cards till midnight 2 of the 3 nights we were there. The breakfast was out of this world! Smoked trout and salmon, pop overs eggs absolutely wonderful. As we were leaving he played the bagpipes great getaway.

Room Tip: If you have to have your TV on vacation you will have to go somewhere else no TV here and that is th...
Green Features: Alot of props going to David for going green and making me turn lights off haha.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joe K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were lucky that there was a room available as we are not particularly skilled in planning ahead.

I called our host, David, on Tuesday to book a room for Thursday... No problem... Also, my partner and I are high-maintenance breakfast eaters. David didn't skip a beat. He made our granola gluten free and cooked up some delicious french toast (though we had the option of eggs and vegetables... Next time for sure!).

The view from the room was beautiful, especially the sunrise. We really appreciate the care taken in using environmentally friendly non-toxic products, soft cozy flannel sheets and off-grid energy.

This is truly a one of a kind camp B&B.
David's kindness and warmth makes us feel like we made a new friend.
Highly recommend... We look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Naomibecca
Provincetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Needing to take a break from my hectic schedule I booked a full week at William's Pond Lodge and I'm very happy I did. The directions on the web site were easy to understand and brought me right to the front door. Just a tip for those using a GPS, if you enter W4 Fire Road in Bucksport it will also deliver you right to the lodge. Just check with the innkeeper first to make sure I remembered the correct letter and number of the fire road. I was greeted with delicious snacks and a picture perfect fire in the common room. The view of the lake is impressive and so peaceful. I could feel the stress just fall away. Having gone to school at U of Maine in Orono it felt good to be back. David, the innkeeper, was as gracious and accommodating as has been mentioned in almost every review on this site. Arriving around sunset I settled in and asked about local dining. David made a res at McLeod's downtown Bucksport. The restaurant offered a 10% discount because David booked it. The food was delicious especially the Caesar salad and the service was excellent and friendly. I went to bed early but not before having a couple of David's incredible chocolate chip cookies. My room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. Only the beautiful setting felt off the grid as there is ample lighting, heat and hot water all supplied by solar power. My room also had a complimentary tin of delicious short bread cookies baked by David.
The next day, up at sunrise over the pond - spectacular with fog lifting off the water! Then I was off to hike in Acadia National Park a very scenic hour drive that felt like 10 minutes. David shared info on his favorite treks and I was able to complete 2 that day. I had the park all to myself and the highlight was spotting an albino buck with a full set of antlers. I wasn't sure at first what it was but as it moved closer I just stood there in awe.
I had never been to Stonington on Deer Isle. This is another hour drive from the lodge an equally scenic trip and one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in New England. Of course David gave me a great itinerary and actually packed a bag of snacks for me. The Nature Conservancy property's 2 mile walk through a forest whose ground is covered in emerald green moss, is something I will never forget. This walk ends at one of the most picturesque coves on the coast I have ever seen. I had dinner that night at Cleonice in Ellsworth (recommended by David), a tapas restaurant that was charming with excellent food and drink. So as not to make this much longer the rest of my stay was filled with activity and delectable breakfasts cooked by David. My last night David asked me to join him and two local friends for pizza and a card game. Such wonderful people, great conversation, good food, an incredible final evening. I can't wait to return with family and friends. Thank you WPL and David!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank kjr02657
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucksport
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Vacationland Inn
Vacationland Inn
#1 of 5 in Brewer
The Country Inn at the Mall
Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor
Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor
Alamoosook Lakeside Inn

Been to Williams Pond Lodge? Share your experiences!