“Four seasons B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bucksport
Williams Pond Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Bucksport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Four seasons B&B”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were lucky that there was a room available as we are not particularly skilled in planning ahead.

I called our host, David, on Tuesday to book a room for Thursday... No problem... Also, my partner and I are high-maintenance breakfast eaters. David didn't skip a beat. He made our granola gluten free and cooked up some delicious french toast (though we had the option of eggs and vegetables... Next time for sure!).

The view from the room was beautiful, especially the sunrise. We really appreciate the care taken in using environmentally friendly non-toxic products, soft cozy flannel sheets and off-grid energy.

This is truly a one of a kind camp B&B.
David's kindness and warmth makes us feel like we made a new friend.
Highly recommend... We look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Naomibecca

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Needing to take a break from my hectic schedule I booked a full week at William's Pond Lodge and I'm very happy I did. The directions on the web site were easy to understand and brought me right to the front door. Just a tip for those using a GPS, if you enter W4 Fire Road in Bucksport it will also deliver you right to the lodge. Just check with the innkeeper first to make sure I remembered the correct letter and number of the fire road. I was greeted with delicious snacks and a picture perfect fire in the common room. The view of the lake is impressive and so peaceful. I could feel the stress just fall away. Having gone to school at U of Maine in Orono it felt good to be back. David, the innkeeper, was as gracious and accommodating as has been mentioned in almost every review on this site. Arriving around sunset I settled in and asked about local dining. David made a res at McLeod's downtown Bucksport. The restaurant offered a 10% discount because David booked it. The food was delicious especially the Caesar salad and the service was excellent and friendly. I went to bed early but not before having a couple of David's incredible chocolate chip cookies. My room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. Only the beautiful setting felt off the grid as there is ample lighting, heat and hot water all supplied by solar power. My room also had a complimentary tin of delicious short bread cookies baked by David.
The next day, up at sunrise over the pond - spectacular with fog lifting off the water! Then I was off to hike in Acadia National Park a very scenic hour drive that felt like 10 minutes. David shared info on his favorite treks and I was able to complete 2 that day. I had the park all to myself and the highlight was spotting an albino buck with a full set of antlers. I wasn't sure at first what it was but as it moved closer I just stood there in awe.
I had never been to Stonington on Deer Isle. This is another hour drive from the lodge an equally scenic trip and one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in New England. Of course David gave me a great itinerary and actually packed a bag of snacks for me. The Nature Conservancy property's 2 mile walk through a forest whose ground is covered in emerald green moss, is something I will never forget. This walk ends at one of the most picturesque coves on the coast I have ever seen. I had dinner that night at Cleonice in Ellsworth (recommended by David), a tapas restaurant that was charming with excellent food and drink. So as not to make this much longer the rest of my stay was filled with activity and delectable breakfasts cooked by David. My last night David asked me to join him and two local friends for pizza and a card game. Such wonderful people, great conversation, good food, an incredible final evening. I can't wait to return with family and friends. Thank you WPL and David!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank kjr02657
Duxbury, Vermont
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is our fourth visit in three years. We love the remote location, the peacefulness of the pond, the accommodations, but most of all the innkeeper. David goes out of his way to make sure we get the experience we are looking for. When my partner mentioned he wanted lobster, David called McLeod's, one of the local restaurants, to make sure they would get some. When I mentioned that I love carrot cake, the next morning he made one.

David's signature homemade Scottish shortbread cookies are to die for. There's always a tin full of them next to our bed.

Some people may get intimidated by the nearly mile-long gravel driveway to the Lodge, but that's part of the adventure. This is rural Maine - not Palm Beach. Just take it slow and enjoy the reward at the end. It's part of the experience and makes you feel like you're really in another world.

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable and have a private bath. We like Treehaven, because it has the best...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank puchochot1
Hermon, Maine, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2012

In addition to all the wonderful comments by our friend Mary, is a warning. David is anxious to please and the more you complement his tasty gourmet breakfasts and suberb desserts, the more he will up the anti. His cozy, beautiful place would certainly complement an LL Bean Catalog. He has a wonderful way to make his guests feel special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CindyL548
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's been 2 weeks since we've been back and I still have vivid memories of our experience at Williams Pond Lodge. After having a nice dinner in Belfast (The Lost Kitchen) we made our way in the dark and rain to this B&B. David greeted us in full piper regalia (sorry we didn't get to hear him play) and invited us for dessert; choice of coffee/herbal tea/apple cider and several of his delicious homemade cakes. Yum! The lodge is cozy and intimate and David made us feel right at home. Due to it being overcast, there were no stars and the loons were not around, but our room was perfect: spotless, nicelydecorated, designer-eco soap, electric stove (solar powered) to keep us comfy and the best sleep on a wonderful bed in our dark, quiet room. The next morning we watched the fog lift off the lake, had a great homemade breakfast catered to our taste (David keeps in mind preferences/dietary requests), and got directions to our day of mushrooming sponsored by the Maine Audobon Society. It was wonderful coming back to our somewhat remote yet accessible "home". Our last morning we enjoyed the company of other guests conversing over breakfast and were given a package of David's famous shortbread and suggestions for a great hike in Acadia NP (North Bubble to Conners Nubble). We snuck in a quick paddle in a double kayak and wished we had more time...David is an attentive host who knows how to pamper his guests in a nonassuming manner. Thank you!
PS - A coworker already excitedly checked out the lodge website...

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank gail s
Hampden, Maine
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our group of six friends (3 married couples, all retirees) shared a weekend at Williams Pond Lodge. The setting is gorgeous, peaceful, perfect for nature lovers who also love cozy and comfortable accommodations. We enjoyed kayaking on the pond, and long walks/hikes along the road and in the woods. David is the most gracious and attentive host, and his gourmet breakfasts and desserts were wonderful. Review the website at williamspondlodge.com for all the details. This is a VERY special place with a really caring and competent host. The six of us plan to return again next year, maybe a little earlier in the fall, and bring our bicycles. All of us live within an hour's drive of Williams Pond Lodge, so it is our perfect "getaway not far away". What a find!

Room Tip: All three guest rooms are lovely. We enjoyed Cobb Hill room, but each couple in our group was VERY h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jim_Tiger
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I just spent 4 wonderful nights at this B+B in Maine. David the host was the best I've ever had. The breakfasts were amazing and he went out of his way to offer us choices and was flexable with the time. He knows how to cook!! Each day he sent us off with water, fruit and homemade breads which filled our need for lunch. Each night he offered homemade desserts, m-m-m. His advice on where to dine and where to visit was so helpful. But the best was his company and conversation. The room was spotless and cosy, but be sure to turn off the lights---it's off the grid. Randy B.

Room Tip: There are only three. Ours was named the Cobb and I'd take it again in a shot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 10traveler110
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucksport
Best Western White House Inn
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road
Comfort Inn Bangor
Comfort Inn Bangor
#3 of 26 in Bangor
Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor
Alamoosook Lakeside Inn

Been to Williams Pond Lodge? Share your experiences!