“Exceptional service in a perfect hideaway...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bucksport
Williams Pond Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Bucksport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York, NY
“Exceptional service in a perfect hideaway...”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My partner and I recently (late November) visited an old friend in Bucksport and she recommended Williams Pond Lodge - clearly an exceptional spot! Our room was well appointed, cozy and the bed very comfortable. However, what gives this lodge its five-star rating is its co-owner and host, Dave. We were the only guests during the weekend before Thanksgiving and on the Saturday morning, he prepared a wonderful breakfast for three friends who we'd invited. One returned on Sunday morning as well! Other reviewers have captured the flavor of the lodge very well...we would definitely return!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JTGnyc

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 21, 2011

For many years I stayed with my Dad on my fall visits to Maine. The past few years I have rented cottages on ponds. This year ---- October 2011 --- I reserved a cottage on Mount Desert Island for a week, but also reserved three nights at Williams Pond Lodge for the beginning of my vacation. Well, after those first three nights I was hooked and decided to stay for another seven! My principal host, David, is the perfect B&B keeper, always alert to what his guests need or want, sometimes even before they realize it. Co-host Dominick was out of town until near the end of my stay, but he is also attentive and also made me feel like I belonged at this beautiful pond-side haven in the Maine woods. My room was spotless and well appointed with a writing desk, chairs, trunk, and gas fireplace, and the bathroom was spacious, immaculate, and bright. Breakfasts are fabulous experiences, either in the dining area or outdoors at one of the tables near the pond. Stimulating conversations are frequent at breakfast or at just about any other time of the day. Suggestions for day trips or hikes or sight-seeing come easily from the hosts, and the location is very convenient to Acadia National Park, Bangor, Downeast, Midcoast, and even Portland, as well as interior Maine. Swimming in the pond, even in late October, was a daily ritual for me, and David even coaxed me to try the kayak which I found to be great fun. Bucksport is a lovely small town with a great independent book store, crafts, gifts, restaurants, local museum, Fort Knox, and the magnificent new bridge with observatory. Back at Williams Pond Lodge, there are always cookies of many varieties and often brownies available, as well as a good assortment of teas. It's a wonderful spot of peace and quiet nestled by the pond in the beautiful Maine woods, feeling very isolated, but also very close to towns and cities and activities. A perfect getaway for a weekend or ten days or more! I am already planning to return next fall!

Room Tip: Cobb Hill Room has the most expansive views.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Stephen P
Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Wow wow wow....I didnt know what to expect when my Boo booked the Williams Pond Lodge for our trip to New England. When I hear the term "lodge"....to be honest, it kind of scares me. I'm a city girl to heart but, I am also willing to try anything once. After staying at Williams Pond Lodge, I will definitely try to make it back very soon to spend some more time "off the grid."

The room was spotless and I couldn't wait to fall asleep in the comfortable bed! The attached private bathroom was also very clean and I loved the sky light! My favorite part....well I had two favorite parts of this trip to Williams Pond Lodge....first, David was an amazing host. The next morning, he stopped by our room and asked what would we like for breakfast...when we gathered ourselves and walked over to the common area...David had a wonderful spread waiting for us. It included homemade granola, plain yogurt and freshly picked blackberries & blueberries and peaches....amazing coffee....german pancakes with maple syrup with freshly picked blackberries & blueberries...not to mention, the amazing homemade shortbread and oatmeal raisin cookies that David left waiting in our room!

On top of that, kayaks and canoes were available, huge rocking chairs and swings were scattered across the property, and the lodge wasnt too far from Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.

I got to say....this city girl is in love with Williams Pond Lodge and David! Come here to get away from everything....and finally get some peace & quiet!

Room Tip: Every room at Williams Pond Lodge was amazing!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Chantelle1983
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived at Williams Pond Lodge. In our room were two tins - one with shortbread and the other brownies. The room was spotless. The windows were open and filled the room with fresh air. Within 20 minutes of our arrival, we were out on the beautful lake in a canoe. This was the ideal way to start a vacation. During our stay, we were treated to 2 course gourmet breakfasts every morning prepared by Chef David. First course was fresh fruit with homemade granola, second course varied from German pancakes to salmon & eggs with popovers to muffins baked with wild berries. In the evenings we had a campfire and were treated to delicious desserts and wonderful conversation with both other guests and with our host. We went kayaking, canoeing, hiking, played Scrabble, and then we just sat and watched the lake. David was a spectacular host. We couldn't ask for better, and we will definately return for another visit! This was truly the best B&B experience we've ever had. Thank you, Williams Pond Lodge!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank abgeooc
Bedford, NH
Reviewed May 27, 2011

"In the woods, on the pond, and off the grid" - their tagline says it all. Located at the end of a dirt road on 20+ acres on quiet picturesque Williams Pond, this luxurious B&B utilizes solar power rather than electricity, though you'd never know it from the abundance of light, hot water, etc. Topnotch in every way.

My husband had business in Bangor on a Friday. We brought our two teenagers along for a long weekend. Both their room and ours were outstandingly spotless, beautiful, spacious, & comfortable, with large ensuite bathrooms and propane "wood" stoves, and walls of windows providing cross-ventilation, as well as wonderful views of the pond, woods, and on one side, a seasonal burbling brook. We loved the peace and quiet and star-filled skies each night.

David, the friendly, knowledgeable proprietor, greeted us with fresh homemade Scottish shortbread and a tour of the premises. Kayaks and canoes (with life vests) were available for paddling on the lovely pond. A screened porch on the brook side of the building provided a comfortable place to relax, take in the views and fresh air. The main room in the lodge was stocked with plenty of comfortable rockers, binoculars, reading material about the area, and another wall of windows overlooking the pond.

David is a very talented, generous chef. Our breakfasts each morning were fresh, fabulous & filling. Man, can he cook! He packed leftovers for us in waxed paper and tins to take with us on our hikes in nearby Acadia National Park. Between the enormous breakfasts, leftovers, and delicious freshly-baked homemade desserts each night, we didn't have room for any more food, thus saving on any restaurant bills. The water from his well tastes so good, we were sure to refill our water bottles before hiking each day.

David was most helpful in recommending hikes, lending us trail maps, suggesting driving routes, restaurants (as if we needed any more food!), things to see & do in the area ~ he's thoroughly knowledgeable about the area. He's also a great conversationalist and made us feel right at home. We can well understand why people extend their stays at Williams Pond Lodge. We enjoyed every aspect of our three day stay and hope to return.

Room Tip: Each of the three guest rooms are delightful.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank NHknitter
Woodside, CA
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Staying at Williams Pond Lodge was the highlight of our New England experience. We've stayed many B&Bs over the years - with great breakfasts -- but this one easily beats them all. We stayed for three days and each breakfast was perfect. The place is immaculate and very cozy. It exceeded my expectations.

If you are looking for an real Maine woods experience (as opposed to the pre-packaged types), this is your place. And the David is a great, interesting host.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bobwoodside
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We were looking for peace and quiet with a romantic fireplace in our room, and we got so much more! David, our B & B host, made us feel welcome and "at home" as soon as we arrived. After getting settled in our room and watching a beautiful sunset over the pond, we chose to stay in rather than go out. David offered a movie from his personal collection, and made us old fashioned (the best) hand stirred popcorn and Ghiardelli hot chocolate to go with it. No microwave in the room necessary here! The next morning we were treated to a gourmet, not continental, breakfast of German pancakes, fresh fruit compote, home made granola and just about anything we could ask for.
Our room was very cozy, and the bed was very comfortable. The moose, wildlife, and birch bark accents made us feel like we were "in the woods" (which of course we were) having a true, old-fashioned Maine experience-- as advertised, off the beaten path, and off the grid. It is more the Mother Earth News wilderness experience with solar panels, radiant heat in the floors, and wi-fi available than a remote Maine Guide hunting and fishing camp.
While it is right between Camden and Acadia, minutes from town, the theater and other attractions, the main attraction is the relaxed atmosphere at Williams Pond, and we only regret that we did not have several days to relax there, and could imagine a few days next summer swimming, canoeing, and hiking at our home away from home-- Williams Pond Lodge.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CarpentersHelper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucksport
The Country Inn at the Mall
#1 of 5 in Brewer
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
Best Western White House Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor

Been to Williams Pond Lodge? Share your experiences!