“Bates Motel is an upgrade!”

Days Inn Brunswick Bath Area
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The place was creepy- it seemed deserted and we couldn't find the lobby, since a large mound of snow blocked it. We called the desk for directions. The lobby was cold and the girl at the desk was wearing a winter coat! Our "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke and we got a new room. It had been deodorized, and once we had turned on the heat, the smoke smell was noticeable. Sheets were stained and towels were frayed. I killed bugs in the bathroom, but didn't tell my wife- she was already freaked out!! Stay away!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iclodyes

Reviewed October 8, 2008

This place is horrible!!

My son-in-law made the reservations via Hotel.com, which is another unpleasant experience!! Stay away from them as well.

One of the first rooms they gave us has not been cleaned from the previous guest. We went back to the front desk and they gave us another room and lets just say the bed was made.

We went back to the front desk to express our concerns with the conditions of the rooms, because we had requested non-smoking rooms via Hotel.com and was told by the person at the front desk they did not have non-smoking rooms.

We had 2 rooms and in each room, all beds and sheets had burn marks and holes from cigarettes. Also, there were cigarette burns in the carpet. Needless to say we did not sleep on the sheets and darned not walk around the room without shoes!

In one of the bathrooms, the cleaning crew left dirty towels from the previous guest.

We tried to locate another hotel in the area, but unfortunately we were not successful due to a dog show taking place in the area during our stay.

My two granddaughters had bite marks on the arms and legs the next morning.

We asked to speak to the manager several times and each time the person at the desk said no manager was available. Everyone kept telling us we needed to speak with the General Manager, Mr. Patel.

As we checked out the next morning, several people were in the lobby complaining about the internet service not working.

Once again, we asked to speak with a manager and was told no one was available and that we would need to call back later in the day and speak with Mr. Patel. After leaving several messages, Mr. Patel has never returned our call.

I contacted Hotel.com to advise of our experience and they referred me back to the hotel. Hotel.com call center is located in El Salvador so no need to say anything else about the service or lack of service I received from them!

After returning home, I contacted Days Inn Corporate office and finally spoke with someone willing to listen and wanting to help.
I suggested Days Inn Corporate do a quality inspection as I am sure if they saw the condition of this hotel, they would not want the name Days Inn associated with this place of business.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2008

We were in town for the air show that was going on in town and spent more than we thought it was worth ($144) but it was very close to the base so we thought we would be able to beat traffic.

Definately not worth the extra money! The 1st room the put us in looked ok at first glance. But after we got all settled in (after 10:30 pm) we noticed that the smoke detector was missing. I went to the front desk and asked if they had one that I could put in the room. They said yes and asked my room number. I waited over a half hour without any response. (I am also traveling with my 1 year old that needed to be in bed hours ago) I went back to the front desk and they told me they didn't have any but would notify me if there was a problem. I don't think so! I'm not going to rely entirely on someone else to notify me if there is a fire! Are they nuts? They moved us to another room just across the hall.

So, after moving all of our stuff, I walk into the bathroom to notice the toilet seat already up and pee all over the toilet and floor! Yuck! How did that get there if Housekeeping supposively "cleaned" the room?

At this point we just went to bed.

The man and woman running the front desk that night looked like they were from India. I don't have a problem with that, I just think there was a language barrier there made it extremely hard for them to understand how frustrated I was and the importance of having a smoke detector in your room.

The other thing I didn't like was that when we got into the rooms the windows were already open. Yes, there were screens, but anyone could've been able to break in very easily since we were on the ground floor.

If you want to feel safe, don't stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Staff very friendly, our room was extremely clean.

Location a bit odd--turn into the entrance for Walmart, and then immediately turn right into the motel parking lot. We had to drive around the entire motel before we figured out where the entrance was.

Refrigerator and microwave in the room, although we had trouble getting the refrigerator to turn on. It was unplugged when we arrived, and we had given up on it, when it finally turned on after being plugged in for a couple of hours.

The cable TV didn't work in the morning when we got up.

The internet wi-fi was very very slow, and really couldn't be used. There were computers in the lobby, and I managed to check my email, but I had to hum and stare at the walls a lot, waiting for it to go through.

So the electronics weren't the greatest, but a clean room is more important to me! (but maybe not to my teens).

You can open the windows, which is very nice for those who have allergies and trouble with fragrances. We did this when we first arrived, but then closed them when we went to sleep because the Walmart traffic is loud.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank GayeofPA
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I'm glad I found this place again. I think it may have been a Super 8 the last time I was there. In any event, our stay was wonderful. The rooms (and actually the entire place) was spotless! The crowd was very nice and the innkeepers were friendly and very helpful. In fact, one of the staff members (never got her name)took a great deal of time to plan 2 of our days in the area. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DYHotelAssociation
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Just stayed at the Super 8. We did not make a reservation, but luckily got a room on a busy night. We own a motel and I'm very picky where we stay. The rooms were clean and nice. The staff excellent. Even had a free breakfast. The price was very reasonable too. We stayed at the Super 8 as I was dropping my daughter off to visit friends. The stay was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We generally avoid the budget hotels chains because of poor service / room cleanliness. However, don't overlook the Super 8 in Brunswick. The room was very clean, especially the bathroom. Staff was friendly and helpful...hotel offered a nice continental breakfast. A bit off the main road (I-295)...a nice location with a clean room at a decent price.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Comfort Inn
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Brunswick
The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick

Been to Days Inn Brunswick Bath Area? Share your experiences!