Stayed one night in the off season, so the hotel was nearly empty, but that didn't seem to dampen the staff's enthusiasm. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was nicely furnished, but several of the furniture pieces were chipped or scratched, which I blame more on careless guests than the hotel. I'm not a coffee drinker, but if I were ... a Keurig in the room - nice touch (ditto for the plush towels and robes, glassware, mugs). Everything and everyone was just a little nicer and a little better than a typical chain hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from Maine Street and the stunning Bowdoin College campus in Brunswick, Maine, The Daniel is a historic building that was erected in 1819. Formerly known as The Captain Daniel Stone Inn, the hotel has been renovated and reimagined as Maine's newest curated lifestyle luxury hotel. Our guests are always treated to a stylish, luxurious home away from home. The hotel's Coast Bar + Bistro provides great food, drink and entertainment in a relaxed but engaging atmosphere. Come join us on your next trip to Maine! Happy hour offered every day and live music on Thursday and Fridays. Brunswick is a historic town located in mid-coast Maine just 10 minutes from Freeport and 25 minutes from Portland and the Jetport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your The Daniel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Daniel Stone Hotel Brunswick
- Captain Daniel Stone Brunswick
- The Daniel Brunswick, Maine