“Nice motel, not fancy”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice motel, not fancy”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The room was clean, neat and had all the conveniences that one needs for an overnight stay. The price is right and the motel owners are lovely and helpful. They serve a continental breakfast in office area

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nora1996

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in another one of in renovation very surprised then and now of what a tremendous value they have here in Brunswick Maine had a delightful staff that went out of their way to please. The room was outstandingly clean and well kept as was the bath. The TV was older but functioned very well and had 4 Showtime channels and free WiFi! Recomend this as something unexpectedly nice. They also had a small Continental breakfast bar set up.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Philip K
Valley Stream, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Harry and Anita are extremely friendly and helpful. The location of this motel in Brunswick is very convenient and reasonably priced. The rooms are clean with a nice TVs, showers and coffee-maker (not to mention the Continental Breakfast every morning.) When the weather cooperate you can enjoy the outdoor swimming pool. Try it, you'll like it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank williamftorpey
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 8, 2014

It's cheap enough with quality service, It's clean and well kept. Breakfast is provided, very diverse, much variety. I was comfortable, i was happy and i had a nice soft bed to go to at the end of every day during Music Clinic, I love the Inn keepers, Harry & Anila. Shout out to PTA, Pine Tree Academy, thanks for the events you guys host and thank you Harry and Anila for your humility and the pride you all take in your job. 5/5 stars

Room Tip: Choose non smoking it's usually what the room says. Clean air, ahh. :)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aaron L
Rosedale, Maryland
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very simple and inexpensive. Location is easily accessible. Very inexpensive compared to most places. Free wi-fi. Run by mom n' pops, they are friendly. They live on-sight and if you arrive late at night the office is closed, but ringing the bell gets them up and they will attend to you. My husband and I had a one bed room and the only thing lacking was an iron and ironing board and microwave. There is a microwave in the office though, but this is only useful during waking hours. Things were clean. Shower was nice and hot and steamy! I don't know if they were mold stains or actual mold, but there were a few spots in the bathroom. Room heating worked well. Bathroom and back window had a peaceful, private view of the woods and stream. Walk way directly outside our room door was flooded first thing in the morning due to rain and melting snow. Walls are EXTREMELY thin. Someone next to us started making a commotion and watching TV with the volume up at I think 2:30am. We called the front and heard them plain as day call into the room next to us to ask them to be quiet. The low price and friendly staff is what gives this place 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary G
California
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I travel to the area a few times each year and my first stay at Harry & Anita's inn made them the call for each return visit, even with a Portland destination. Brunswick is a college town, adding interest to area attractions in artsy venues, among others and between it and Portland, an easy 25 min drive, are numerous other attractions for shopping, sporting interests for each season, restaurants - think lobsters, and Cook's Lobster House on a scenic inlet, of course, a little north of Brunswick. It just worked for me to make Harry & Anita's my centric point for accessing much else nearby in the region. Either of this husband-wife team has pleasantly facilitated numerous courtesies, from ensuring that my occasional late arrivals have a key accessible after hours and upping the room thermostat so I arrive to a toasty welcome late on a cold winter's night. When I've stayed a few days instead of more typically a brief overnight, they've cheerfully provided great local knowledge. That value-added goes beyond my essential criteria - a peaceful, comfy place, no frills needed, all in the background as I either unwind / relax after a long day/drive, maybe get some work done - no distractions! and all that's left to ensure a great night's rest is getting under the covers. My quarters have been nothing less than pristine on each occasion, and on my last visit Harry had no need to point out the updated bathroom, furnishings and fresh paint. I was not paying a higher rate for my stay than in the past, either. "Needs updating" has thus been eliminated as the only area I would previously have wondered about regarding whether it should impact a rating if older facilities were clean, functional and not deficient in meeting needs. I think not! anyway, given the premium placed on items for sale called modern, mid-century, vintage, etc., I hope Harry & Anita didn't lose out on a good opp to market a trendy retro retreat!

Room Tip: rooms generally larger than most in urban areas but more so than many urban motel settings, too. the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Trs_ni_Brs
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I wanted to share my stay with America's Best Value Inn. I was recently up in Maine for Business and wanted to stay at a safe clean and conveniently located inn off of Route 1. I looked at the positive reviews for property and decided to give America's Best Value a try.

I spoke first with the property owner's Anita who could not have been helpful as to the directions and the pricing.

I informed her that I may be coming after hours and both Anita and the owner Harry were very accomodating. They waited for my arrival and offered to call around local restaurants still open as I was pretty hungry and wanted to get a lobster roll.

When I got back to my room I found it clean and neatly prepared as advertise.

I slept great and when I got up in the morning Harry had a cup of coffee ready for me and offered to get me proper directions to my destination.

For the price and value I would definitely recommend this in for it's convenient location with owners that go way above the standard for customer service

Room Tip: I chose a non smoking queen size bed