“Nice Personal Touches”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Personal Touches”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

When we arrived, the property looked charming. It was beautifully decorated with Christmas lights inside and out. The staff were friendly and check in was a breeze. The room looks dated, although it was clean. For the price it was good. I found a note from the staff with two peppermint patties and two bottles of water. Our remote control was missing, the front desk staff brought a new one to the room rather quickly. At night, they had complimentary chicken soup in the crockpot, it was delicious especially on a cold December night. The only concern was the back doors and security, they are left open during the day, unlocked.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear 246Trips,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Comfort Inn. We really enjoy putting up the lights and making the outside of the hotel, as well as the lobby, quite festive and inviting! I will pass along to the staff the nice things you had to say concerning your quick and easy check-in, the pleasant recognition of your Choice Privileges Membership with the water and mints, as well as the prompt service regarding the remote. We pride ourselves on our high standard of customer service and we are glad that you noticed this during your stay. This is only the second year that we have been doing the soup on the weekends in the winter, but it has been a huge hit with guests! The outside doors to the hotel are left open during the day, however this is simply as a convenience to our guests since the layout of the hotel is not conducive to just the front and back door being open. However we are looking into setting up “keyed” entry to those doors, where they will be locked at all times with the only access being a guest key. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we hope that when you return to the area and you will choose to stay with us again!

Manager of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boston
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My son and I were visiting the Brunswick area and stayed here two nights. A Comfort Inn is a Comfort Inn, so we did not have high expectations. The room was basic and small with a tiny (but clean) bathroom. Two double beds that were just OK. 32" TV was nice, but analog service only. WiFi worked very well. Interestingly, the "in room" heating/cooling unit was the quietest I have encountered, a big plus to me. Breakfast was included and I found it very good: scrambled and hard boiled eggs; sausage; do-it-yourself waffles; cereals; breads, bagels, & pastries; fruit; yogurt; juices and coffee. Convenient location off 295. Check-in was handled efficiently. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In all, very good value for the price (about $180 for the 2 days, taxes incl.). BOTTOM LINE: If you just want something basic with a good breakfast, definitely stay here.

Room Tip: It's on Route 1 which can be noisy. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. We did and road n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BostonDriver
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear BostonDriver,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Comfort Inn while visiting the Brunswick area. We are glad to hear that you found the room clean and quiet (once you moved away from Route 1), and the staff to be friendly. Most of our guests, including yourself, enjoy the many items in our breakfast spread! We hope that you will stay with us again when in the area as it seems you liked our clean rooms, helpful staff, location, and price.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I always find budget and mid-range chains and independent hotels the hardest to rate. You don't (or shouldn't) EXPECT a Motel 6 to be a Four Seasons, but if you give an "Excellent" rating to anything less than a full-service luxury property, someone will always fail to manage their expectations appropriately and quibble about the missing niceties. This Comfort Inn has a little more personal styling than most; it doesn't look like a giant concrete box. Inside, the corridors seem to go on forever, but my husband and I found our room comfortably furnished, with everything in good working order. The setting seems quiet enough, although we were woken up by a passing train early in the morning. I guess we have different ideas about what makes up a great breakfast buffet, as we found the coffee weak and the food selections all bland, but still, it was pretty much what we have come to EXPECT. I answered a Comfort Inn survey sent to me after our stay, filling it out with my honest opinion. I don't believe that I outright criticized anything, but I didn't give a 10-star rating to every area queried either. Following my reply, the property's general manager sent me an apology for not meeting or exceeding my expectations; Jessie Allen, don't worry - your Comfort Inn DID meet my expectations. Some things are a matter of personal taste, some things are unavoidable (like passing trains), and sometimes surveys are asking too much out of a roadside inn. I would be happy to return in the future under similar circumstances.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tellurian
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Tellurian,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review as well. I really do appreciate your explanation regarding how you rate hotels, and it is nice to know that we did meet your expectations. At our Comfort Inn we pride ourselves on our customer service and overall cleanliness and we are glad that you noticed this effort. We understand that we don't have all the fancy amenities and full-service options of a Four Seasons hotel, but we really try to provide our guests with a well-rounded, comfortable, and inviting stay at our hotel. We also appreciated that you noticed that we are not a typical Comfort Inn in regards to appearance, and most people are genuinely impressed with our cozy New England style inn. We are glad to know that you would return to stay with us again.

When you do return I would suggest booking a room with a King bed, as those rooms have all recently been remodeled. We are currently in the process of remodeling our rooms with two Double beds as well, with all rooms scheduled to be renovated by the spring of 2015!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Room was spacious, comfortable, very clean, with great reading lamps. There was an easy chair/ foot stool, desk with adjustable chair, plenty of room to think, work, read or relax. Free WiFi in the rooms, an iron/ ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, mini refrigerator.Free parking and a thoughtful breakfast buffet, too, with plenty of food choices from cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt to bacon. The rooms weren't glitzy or charming, but the place feels quiet, safe and comfortable. It's not new, but everything feels well- cared for and in good condition.Staff are friendly and helpful, offering local dining choices, or even offering to look up and print a road map with
driving directions if you need help. The front desk is staffed 24 hours a day. Location: It's on Pleasant Street aka Route 1, just off 295. Maybe not a great place if you are walking, but terrific and minutes away from Brunswick Center if are driving.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Traintaker
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Traintaker,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Comfort Inn. It seems that you really enjoyed your time here and we are very proud that your overall stay was so pleasant. Our housekeepers work very hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness in the rooms and hallways, and our maintenance department is constantly working – doing the large and small tasks that keep our hotel in excellent condition.
We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and noticed the wide range of options as we try to provide a little something for everyone. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it is wonderful to know that our staff was so open and accommodating during your stay. While excellent customer service is practiced everyday, it is refreshing to receive direct guest feedback that our efforts are truly appreciated.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are visiting the Mid-coast area!

Mobile, AL
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Only stayed one night but it was a less expensive choice than Freeport that was only minutes away. The room was clean and the breakfast was well stocked. The only downside was the 6 am wake up with a noisy garbage truck outside. That was not welcomed. Should have requested a room a little further from the elevator but it was pretty quiet. Fast check in and friendly staff. Good location.

Room Tip: Be aware of rooms facing the rear parking lot. Unwelcome garbage trucks are loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear char1scott,

We are very glad to hear the you enjoyed your stay, despite the loud truck in the morning. It is nice to know that you didn't let it negatively affect your time with us as you seemed to really enjoy the breakfast selections and the cleanliness of your room. Our staff is proud to provide service with a smile and we are happy that you found our employees friendly. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when visiting Coastal Maine!

Jessie
Northern maine
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I usually stay at a Hilton in Auburn but it was sold out last weekend. I had some Choice hotel gift cards so I decided to put them to use. I received a AAA rate of $121.00 and reserved the last available room, a room with 2 double beds.
The hotel itself is very inviting. I was very impressed with the arrival experience. The lobby was clean and comfortable. The clerk on duty was very friendly. I asked if she would process my gift cards so I didn't have that hassle in the morning in case there were a lot of guests checking out. She accomplished this task quickly and I was off to my room.
The room was equipped with a flat screen TV, table and 2 chairs, an easy chair(not a recliner but comfortable nonetheless) and a coffee maker. I like a cool room and the A/C in the room did not disappoint. The bathroom was equipped with a bathtub and good shower. The room overall was clean and everything worked properly. The only downside and it really was more minor than anything else was the floor creaking in certain areas of the room when you walked on it.
The bed was very comfortable and the pillows excellent. There wasn't anything that I could think of that I could find fault with.
There is a large breakfast room. I did not eat breakfast but had a chance to look in. The menu should please as there seemed to be something for everyone. I did not eat at the hotel because I was invited to have breakfast at the Brunswick Diner down the street, something I never pass up. It's an old "Worcester" diner from the 40's that must have kept those serving at the Brunswick Naval Air Station very happy with dishes popular from all areas of the country.
Check out was quick and the bill correct. I was out in 2 minutes. Overall, this is a very nice Comfort Inn. With my son now living in Brunswick, I have found my home away from home when visiting the area. I was very happy staying here.
One other thing-Brunswick is 15 minutes from Freeport and the hotels in Brunswick are more reasonably priced than some of the inflated prices that are common in Freeport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank spudpicker1
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear spudpicker1,

Thank you for you wonderful comments about our Comfort Inn. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that everything met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Our entire staff will be sure to see your review as I already have a copy of it hanging in our office. The staff should be proud that we have a new customer and that their hard work was appreciated during your visit.
Excellent choice of the Brunswick Diner for breakfast, it is a town staple that we recommend to guests for any meal but it seems that you already knew that insider info!
We are so glad that you will be staying with us in the future when visiting your son and we vow to keep up the high standards of service and cleanliness that you experienced during your initial stay.

Rogersville, Missouri
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This Comfort Inn has a very different outer appearance - it looks like a New England cottage. It was very clean, quiet & comfortable. Breakfast was good, as well. I tried chocolate Belgian waffles for the first time - they were actually very good!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear bsnorris,

We are very proud of the initial reaction we receive for the homey appearance of our Comfort Inn, and we are very glad that you fully appreciated our unique look! Our entire staff works together to provide the clean and comfortable atmosphere that you enjoyed during your stay, and I will pass along to them that they excelled once again. The chocolate Belgian waffles are usually a big hit with all ages so we are happy that you found it to your liking. We hope to see you again in the future when visiting Coastal Maine!

Manager of Guest Services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!