“Nice spot”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“Nice spot”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I traveled here in what must be the off-season and got a very good price. Normally when prices get as low as I paid (in the $80 range or lower) I start to get worried about the quality, but that's not the case here. The rooms I've stayed in are quite new, probably recently remodeled. I'll echo what other reviewers have said - I've stayed here twice and have had problems with the wifi, but that's my only complaint. Its close to a lot of things and off the highway, so its a great place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear ohmaykay,

Thank you for your repeat business! We are very happy to hear that you were able to stay in one of newly remodeled rooms. Our maintenance staff has been working tirelessly on the renovations. We are sorry to hear that you had trouble with the wifi, but we are currently having our system evaluated to find the trouble spots and hopefully this will be resolved in a timely manner. You chose a great time of year to come, as you correctly mentioned are rates are lower in the off-season (November- May). We hope that the next time you are in the Brunswick area you will choose to stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great hassle-free experience; rooms were clean & quiet; Jessie went above and beyond to immediately correct a minor Wi-Fi access issue. Friendliest staff we've encountered in quite some time. Location is just off I295 and was convenient for our several trips to Bailey Island; some excellent restaurants on nearby Maine Street (Joshua's, Sea Dog).

Room Tip: Room 230 is an end unit facing the rear and was totally quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim R
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Jim R,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Comfort Inn. It is very nice to hear that the staff was so friendly and helpful. I will definitely tell all the staff about your review and encourage them to keep up the good work! We apologize for the internet issue, but are very happy that it was resolved in a timely manner. It seems that you are somewhat familiar with the area and we hope that it means you will stay with us again. We look forward to being your home base the next time you are in Brunswick, hopefully we can get you in the same room as you stayed in this time.
Gonic, NH
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room in the location looked neat and clean and possibly recently redone. The bedding was clean and firm and I got a good night sleep.

There was a train track behind the building in the woods someplace. The only train that sounded it's whistle was about 8:20 PM. There was noise most of the night, which was unexpected. The earlier noise was children racing around the halls and up and down the stairs. They were quiet by 9 PM and that was not a big deal. The other noise was the constant rumble of traffic on Route 1. I had a room that faced the rear and side of the property facing the tree line above the brook. The sound must echo off the trees. I have been 200 feet from a major interstate with less noise. Possibly when the leaves are back on the trees the sound would be more muffled.

The other issues were with the technology and the bathroom. The wi-fi worked great when I first checked in, but once other guests were in their rooms the service was on and off and I had to switch to my air card to get work done. The two bathroom items were discovered when I went to brush my teeth and saw dried toothpaste and/or soap scum from a prior guest in the sink. The second item was a couple pieces of long dark hair on the shower faucet and tub edge.

The breakfast was standard fare. The coffee was tolerable. The juice was fine. The attendant was only putting 2-3 eggs and sausage patties in the pan at a time, and only after it was emptied by a prior guest. So there was no waste, but if a guest emptied the serving tray, then the next guest had to wait.

I would probably stay here again, because I can sleep through most noise and I have my own wireless services for places like this. It was the lowest priced room in it's category and this area can get very pricey for a hotel room from Memorial Day to Columbus Day.

Room Tip: There are only two floors and there is an elevator. Normally the rear of the building would be quie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear MichaelinNH,

We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with all aspects of your stay, but we are glad that you were so detailed in your review. This is very helpful to us as we can try to make improvements based on your critique. While it is unfortunate that the noise from Route 1 was so noticeable from your room, I think your explanation regarding the lack of foliage was spot on. When you stay with us again we will try to place you in a room that is facing the parking lot and hopefully this will cut down on the noise.
The wi-fi can be very frustrating when not operating properly and we apologize that it was intermittent when you were here. We are very glad that you had an air card that allowed you to access the internet. We are currently working on that to resolve any issues from our upgrade.
We are very disappointed that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our usual standards. We have addressed the issue with housekeeping and they are going to be even more diligent in their cleaning process. Again thank you for being specific about the issue.
As far as your observations regarding breakfast, one possible explanation could be if you were in the breakfast room towards the end of operating hours when there were very few guests, then the attendant might have been trying to cut down on waste. However there is no excuse for making guests wait and we are currently looking into ways to avoid that scenario in the future
In short, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Comfort Inn, and for being very open and honest in your review. We thank you for feedback and hope that when you do stay with us again you will notice some resolution involving the issues you mentioned.
Liberia, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just recently stayed here with my family, The lobby is great very inviting and the room was clean. The beds seemed short and my feet dangled off the end. The floor and walls seemed weak and made alot of noise as my son bounded around against our wishes. The Bed frames were bolted to the wall which seemed weird. The breakfast was typical of a small hotel, microwave eggs and bacon, The waffle maker was a plus but the coffee machine made perhaps the worst cup I have ever tasted. The staff were great though. If your looking for a place to sleep this is a great place.Shore up the flooring bring a more modern feel to the bathroom and maybe some nice wood bedframes would make it much better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear puravidasteve,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your input. We are currently in the process of remodeling our rooms from the bathroom to the bed frames to the bedspreads and linens so your critique is quite timely. We hope that these renovations will exceed our guest's expectations. We hope that if you are in the area again we can show off our updated rooms to you and your family. Thank you for appreciating our breakfast, however if it unfortunate that you disliked the coffee so much. We switched to the automatic machine in order to provide super hot coffee all the time ( since it was very difficult to maintain hot coffee 24 hours per day in the carafes that we used to employ). Overall we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and our staff and look forward to hosting you again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here 3 times in the summer of 2012 and each stay was terrific. The service was excellent and the staff friendly and very efficient. The rooms were clean and comforyable. Breakfast everyday was good. Overall, it was a great hotel to stay in both for the price and the service. Very easy access from the highway and about 1 mile into the town of Brunswick. highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CoachLDFB
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear CoachLDFB,
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel, we fully appreciate your thoughts and the fact that you are a repeat guest. We are glad that each one of your stays was so enjoyable. Our staff strives to make each guest feel special and appreciated, and we will pass along to everyone here at the Comfort Inn that they fully succeeded with each of your visits. We look forward to seeing you again next summer if you are visiting Maine. Thank you!
Happy Holidays,
Your Comfort Staff
Old Lyme
Reviewed November 20, 2012

great place to stay. clean, friendly,great price,has breakfast.
we have stayed in Brunswick before and were so pleased with this place. would stay there again.
My daughter lives in Brunswick and we went to visit our new grandchild.
Close to downtown and the Mid coast hospital

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna H
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Donna H,

Congratulations on your new grandchild! I was fortunate enough to be working while you were here and got the opportunity to see the pure joy that the two of you experienced as new grandparents, (I don't think either of you stopped smiling at any point during your visit). As a team we are really glad that your stay was so enjoyable. Hopefully we will see you again soon, as you now have a wonderful, albeit tiny, reason to visit the Brunswick area.

Happy Holidays,

Jessie (and the entire Comfort Staff)
Connecticut
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I make several trips to Maine each summer, and when we are in Brunswick, we always stay at The Comfort Inn. We once again stayed there several times this past summer, and once again, it was terrific, so much so I realized that The Comfort Inn should rate an "Excellent" and that is what I am now giving it. The staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. The air-conditioned rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet, and have large beds, comfy pillows and windows that open! The breakfasts are just right with a large selection of cold and hot foods,and always fresh fruit on hand. The location is perfect for getting around and beyond Brunswick. The rates are great. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Brunswick area. See for yourself. Kudos to The Comfort Inn, Brunswick, Maine!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FerdieConnecticut
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear FerdieConnecticut,

Thank you so much for continuing to stay at our Comfort Inn, we fully appreciate your repeat business. As we said last time, we are very happy that our entire staff, from front desk to housekeepers, exceeded your expectations again. The “Excellent” rating that you have assigned to us is awesome, and we can't wait for you to stay next year in one of our renovated rooms! We are glad that you always find our hotel to be clean and comfortable, and if you happen to return for a weekend this winter, we invite you to sit by our fireplace while enjoying a bowl of complimentary soup.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!