“Excellent Indian food”

Dining options: Reservations
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have dined here on a few trips to Brunswick. The food is always excellent. This time I had shrimp curry, with large fresh shrimp. The service is good. Very friendly. Reasonably priced.

Visited October 2013

Natick, Massachusetts
“Authentic & Delicious!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This may seem a bit strange to write a review several months after my visit but I just got back from traveling and ate at a #1-rated Indian restaurant (which it wasn't to me) and was reminded of the incredible food I had at the Shere Punjab this summer and HAD to share my experience.

In a our group of four, we all sampled different items that left everyone extremely satisfied by the authentic and flavorful food. I even took some Punjabi Naan to go for my long ride back to Massachusetts. Can't wait to go visit again next summer.

• Visited August 2013
Bath, Maine
“We had lunch very good. Will return for dinner.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good I asked for medium spicy and it was a little too spicy for me. My husband asked for spicy and it was just right for him. Flavours wonderful very authentic.

• Visited August 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Wow - an unexpected find!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We travel through Maine on our way to Nova Scotia every summer and lodgings and restaurants are perennial issues there -- except in Brunswick, where there are now three great restaurants and Shere Punjab is one among them. The decor is simple yet appealing, and our service was prompt, friendly but unassuming. The sampler platter was a great appetizer, and was served with various homemade chutneys - in fact that was the best thing about this restaurant -- while it served what could be called standard northern Indian fare, each of the dishes, but especially the appetizers, tasted as if they were made by an Indian grandmother or something, they were that rustic, simple and yet idiosyncratic in a very good way. For our mains we had vegetarian items from the lunch menu: saag alloo, vegetable korma and channa massala, all of which had individual spicings and which betrayed attention to detail. The heat-meter of 1-10 (with 10 being Vindaloo) was perfect, as we like it just a bit less than Vindaloo and 8 was perfect for us. All in all, highly recommended, especially for Maine -- we live near Toronto, where there are hundreds of Indian restaurants, and this is one of the most solidly appealing, if admittedly unadventurous, among them

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank bilzebub
New Hampshire
“Delicious, fresh Indian food!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stopped in here while in Brunswick with my family and some friends. 7 of us went for dinner, and all of us agreed it was some of the best Indian food we had ever eaten. The dishes ordered ranged from mild Chicken Saag to fiery Shrimp Vindaloo. I once had an Indian chef tell me that you can tell when a restaurant uses fresh spices because even the hottest food will not give you heartburn. I asked for my Vindaloo hot and it was, without a trace of heartburn after.

The outside seating was small but pleasant on a warm sunny day, the service was attentive and helpful. We will definitely go back again!

• Visited June 2013