“Nicely renovated, perfect value.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here on our way home from a Canadian vacation. The Rodeway was renovated and clean with good service. A good value for our stay. Breakfast is included and was a standard continental style breakfast - waffles, muffins, cereal, coffee and juice.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The first "non-smoking" room I was put in was anything but, the stale smokey room actually made me sick. How this could be labeled as a non-smoking room was beyond me. The next room I was put in still smelled of smoke but better than the first BUTwas not clean by any means. The bottom of the fridge was dirty with a half empty soda bottle in it. The sheets on the bed were dirty. A greasy substance was smeared on the desk and there was used soap in the shower. No way these things could be missed if this room was even attempted to be cleaned. I travel a lot and tend to be pretty laid back about a little dirt here and there but this room was just plain gross!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank NikitAsmom889
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Management was rude, The fauset of the sink stay open half run, we call and after the manager come to try to fix it, finally without hot water we can use it.
The thermostat was out of order , at 68-70°F, we left for dinner when we come back
it was about 90° ,i said 90° is not an error. No bedspread on the second bed. Now the breakfast , no bread, two english muffins all wet (Previously freese). Cold coffe. So, like the other review, spend the extra twenty bucks and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Read the review before going there. It will help you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fripi
Reviewed February 28, 2011

The room was expected for the price.

The first "non-smoking" room was obviously a smoking room. There was a cigarette butt outside of the room. They did move us to another room that was really "non-smoking."

There was about 5" of snow when we arrived (3PM) and the parking lot had not been plowed. We got stuck trying to park our car, so we borrowed their shovel to get ourselves unstuck and shovel out a parking spot.

The next morning (around 9AM) when we tried to leave, the lot had still not been plowed so we had to try and ram our car through the snow bank to get to the street. We got stuck in full view of the hotel dining room. As my husband shoveled us out again, I called the hotel to ask if they were planning to plow. They told me twice that they had called the plow and then hung up on me.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeanMomWithMoney
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Spend the extra twenty bucks and go somewhere else, this place is gross and dirty and the management/owners are as rude as can be.
Upon initial inspection the room looked clean enough, but as we climbed into bed we realized the bed was full of hairs--clearly they had not even washed the sheets. The only other people that checked in (we were there in the off season) were put right next to us, and they were nasty, grimy old druggie types who had a cab come and drop off more nasty, grimy old druggie types at 1am. They were up all night swearing and, one can only assume, doing meth or something of that nature. When we told the owner at the front desk about the hairs he was dismissive and told us we should have checked the bed to make sure it was clean before commiting to stay. Then he told me it was not his problem, but mine. So, yeah...spend the extra twenty bucks.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank flyingshoes79
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I had scheduled a stay there and reserved with my credit card. I called to cancel 3 days prior to my visit and the guy told me he had no record of me, his excuse was that they had changed to Rodeway from the Viking. I said fine,just as long as I wasn't charged for my room. He assured me that I wouldn't be charged, but I hardly felt assured and guess what? I was charged anyway!! I called the guy who said he would look into it and he'd call me back. Well... he never called me back, so my next call was to Mastercard who intervened and refunded my money back to my card. They totally tried to rip me off and did nothing to rectify the matter. STAY AWAY!!!

Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank NBfamily
Reviewed December 7, 2007

The room had an odor to it when I arrived. It was supposed to be a smoke free room and did not appear to be, the window was left open (it was 12 degrees). I was there to see my son off as he is in the Navy and was being deployed. When I attempted to get into the bed the sheets were dirty (blood and hair) there was also sand in the bed. I tried to sleep on the blanket. There was no running hot water, the toilet was not in proper working order and the towels and face cloths had a foul oder to them.

I would never stay at this hotel again, I was not in a great place to begin with but this made my trip truly horrible. The price was inviting but you really do get what you pay for!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family