“Clean, Quality Budget Stay! w/ Ammenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Exeter, Rhode Island
“Clean, Quality Budget Stay! w/ Ammenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Good Price, just needed a place for one night and this exceeded my expectations. Recently remodeled bathroom, new paint, new new carpet, fridge, & microwave. Comfortable bed, great area room is clean but not big like other reviewers had mentioned. Family run, very friendly and homey!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JJOB4169

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I remember I was driving out of New Hampshire and into Maine. It was late at night and I just needed somewhere to stop and drop. I chose this place. It was very affordable, the rooms were okay, the girl at the front desk was nice, it has a lot of nearby attractions (if you're in the area for the purpose of seeing things), and there is a Tim Horton's across the street! I remember the next day waking up, as I was about to check out I saw a nearby attractions paper on the tv. It said I was a mile away from the Seadog Brew Pub. Of course I went. So if you're a fan of good beer like myself, this place might look a little more attractive to you if you're staying in the area anyways.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Payson, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Travelers Inn had big rooms. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. It wasn't a top of the line hotel but the price was right and it was good for a night on the road. The breakfast was a normal cold one with cereal, breads, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Fridge microwave and coffee maker in the room,air conditioning and lots of tv channels.
Small room but well maintained and comfortable bed.We couldn't ask for more in this
price range. Even breakfast included. If you are looking for a place to rest between
shopping trips look no further.Not the Hilton but it will not break the bank.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are better suited for seniors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockville, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The rooms have been remodeled but this still is an old motel. Breakfast is adequate, cold cereal, bagels, English Muffins, pastries, coffee, tea and juice. I would rate this a good value in the $60.00 to $65.00 per night price range. Unfortunately, when we stayed there the rate was about $84.00 per night.

We did have an issue. The room was not properly made up. When we arrived there were some pieces of toilet paper between one of the beds and the night stand. The next day when we returned to the room in the evening we found the toilet seat up and one set of towels in the toilet bowl. While the desk clerk handled the matter quickly, it caused us to check further. We found the maid had only pulled up the sheet and blanket and thrown the bedspread on the bed. The sheets and blankets were not tucked in. Also, the ice bucket was not emptied. When I mentioned this to the owner/manager the next morning I received an explanation (new maid) and and apology but no offer to reduce the rate.

In summary, on my next visit to Brunswick I will stay some place else.

Room Tip: Ice machine is across from the office.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RMK112
mepats, General Manager at Travelers Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking your valueable time to wirte a review of our facility and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that might have been caused by the room service that was provided while you were staying at Travelers Inn. As was explained to you at check out that the housekeeper was new and she left the toilet seat up by mistake. We take a great deal of pride in our cleanliness and the service that we provide.
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My son and I stayed while visiting a local college. There was no coffee pot in our room! I couldn't wait to get out of the hotel, on the road and find some coffee. I don't think I've ever stayed in any hotel/motel without a coffee pot in the room! Other than that, the hotel was okay- average, nothing special. Fine for the cost (with the exception I noted).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed one night on our way further north and were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the rooms, value, and friendliness of the staff. Breakfast was simple but more options than what you might get at a "nicer" motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Bath
Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!