“Get Value. Friendly Family Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Get Value. Friendly Family Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

Don't blow by this family run, clean, great value old fashion motel as you buzz along Route 1, on your way around Brunswick Maine. It's a gem. Easily accessible rooms with that convenient old fashion in front of your hotel room parking at very reasonable rates, especially if you're a AAA member. The rooms are clean, especially the bathrooms. The beds are OK, but will do for one or two nights. In the morning skip the complimentary breakfast and head just down the street to Mister Bagel or drive into downtown Brunswick for a perfectly brewed coffee at the LIttle Dog Coffee Shop on Maine Street. Both great options to start your day in this little patch of paradise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Circumspect

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Keene, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at Travelers Inn for a quick overnight stay on our way to see the Edward Hopper's Maine exhibition at Bowdoin College. Our room was clean and quiet. The bathroom was a bit small, but adequate. But, what really was wonderful, was that we had forgotten an item in the room and the management was very helpful. They had the item and returned it to us by priority mail.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the Inn are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

This place has what I call the three C's: cleanliness, comfort, and convenience. You are less than a mile from the Brunswick business district and all the wonderful restaurants. I stay here twice a year and always have had good experiences. Yes, there are more updated motels in the area, but why pay an extra fifty bucks a night for decor? Traveler's Inn will meet all your needs and you will save money.

• Stayed October 2011
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights when travelling back to Canada. The pricing is very reasonable compared to the hotels we've stayed in. The room is clean and quiet with a nice view of the garden from the backyard where we stayed in. The furniture is lovely, plus a free breakfast! Over all, reasonable price and good value!

-- M W

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Great place just to relax and spend the night. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We had no problems.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
DuBois, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

We weren't looking for The Ritz, and this isn't. However, we were looking for clean and comfortable, and this is. We stayed only one night, but we had no complaints at all. The room was small-ish, but was spotlessly clean. The bed was softer than we normally like, but we slept well. There is wi-fi for those of us who need it. The TV was an older model, but we had plenty of channels from which to choose. The bathroom was sparkling, but the shower left a little to be desired; however, it did the job. A continental breakfast was provided - and the coffee was actually good! Staff was helpful and friendly. All in all, this is a good motel for the price with all one needs to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lowell, MA USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

En route to another location I spent a night at this establishment. There are a number of choices along this road and I actually chose this one at random. It has a typical old-style US motel look. A few short rows of flat top buildings with parking in front of each unit.

I have to say I was expecting the worst: run-down, grimy, crusted on dirt from years of use, abuse and neglect - maybe even cockroaches. To my surprise, it was just the opposite.

The bathroom and bedroom were impeccably clean. Even the grouting around the tub/shower enclosure (often not so great in even places costing 2-3-4x more) was mint. In fact all of the shower accessories and fixtures, including the sink and shower enclosure itself appeared very new. The tile on the bathroom walls was gleaming! Towels more than adequate - and clean - without any chemical smell I could detect. The water pressure was good and plenty of hot water. And oh yeah, guess what? The bathroom has a modern hi-powered hair dryer built in!

I do not know where they get their mattresses from but I had one of my best night's sleep in sometime. Cable TV with some premium stations is provided.

There is a mini fridge and coffeemaker . The mini fridge was empty but would have been invaluable had I decided to stock up on some snacks or beverages for the night. I did not make use of the coffeemaker.

I was on the second level (of 2 levels) Room 57 which was kind of in the center of the building. Despite the much-trafficked street the rooms (at least mine) was set far back enough so that I heard little or no traffic noise. Likewise there was virtually no noise heard from adjoining units and I saw people entering/exiting them so I know they were occupied.

There is a somewhat meager continental breakfast available in the reception area - but something is better than nothing. Coffee, muffins, cold cereal. At least an effort was made when none was required or expected.

I left a nice tip for the maid service since I appreciated such a spotless room. Both the check in and check out people were pleasant and efficient.

When it has a chance the management may begin to think about replacing the carpeting in the rooms - although clean - they could use some upgrading.

For a quick stop-over I would think it would be difficult to beat this place at this price level. Going solo, I paid $83.00 for the night.

Kudos to this establishment, its owners and staff.

Room Tip: Although less convenient, I am guessing that the 2nd floor units (like mine) may be more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Lowellian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Bath
Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#10 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!