All reviews one night front desk staff complimentary breakfast nice hotel ll bean quiet stay visiting the area sausage room was spotless fitness center convenient location stayed nights king room comfortable beds maine coast would definitely stay here again freeport
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here because we were seeing a show at MSMT. Really close to downtown Brunswick. The room was spacious with a pull out couch, but no linens or blankets. It was 1:00 in the morning, so no one was a the desk. I liked that there was a fridge and a microwave. The shop sold items you could heat and eat.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I stayed three nights at the Fairfield Inn for three nights and my experience was pretty miserable.

The level of noise between rooms was very poor. For two nights I could hear the individuals next door arguing with their children pretty audibly. Additionally, the snoring from the gentleman next door woke me up and kept me up a great deal throughout the night. The walls were paper-thin.

This also goes for the noise coming from outside. I was on the backside of the hotel with a busy road running close by and I could hear each and every time a car/truck/motorcycle drove by.

The staff, while friendly, were not as helpful on other issues. During my first night, the refrigerator in the room was making a clicking noise. I had to talk to the front desk staff twice the next day to get maintenance to take some action. I also had to talk to them about the cleaning staff skipping my room.

I would have talked to the front desk staff and let them know about my concerns as I was leaving, but the individual at the desk was fairly dismissive after I turned in my room key.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The AC unit was very noisy. And unable to maintain the temp. It was either very cold or hot. In the morning it was outside traffic that woke us, we had requested the front of the hotel but none available. this establishment backs up to the hwy. the morning breakfast was OK, eggs tasted like powdered egg. Uncomfortable bed, soft in the middle and therefore difficult to move and get out of the bed. Definitely not worth the $161 we pd.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Meghan R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered while here. I know that not having a comfortable night sleep can be frustrating, and make for a long day. I will pass on to the correct department to check the beds to see where we need to replace mattresses so that this doesn't happen again. I would also like to assure you that our eggs are real liquid eggs, made fresh daily for our guests. Thank you again for your review. Without honest feedback we couldn't improve, and hope that you will not let this one experience deter you from giving us another shot when you're in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

When I travel, I choose Marriott properties always. There is consist quality and high standards. The Fairfield met and exceeded my expectations. Fabulous room, pool and Jacuzzi! The grounds and Inn was in keeping with the high standards' of the Marriott Marquis.
From the moment I was greeted, I was home. The Front Office Manager, Meghan Riley is a gem and was always a ray of sunshine.
When I mentioned that this project was running over budget and I was sure I would have to be back to stay quite a few more times... She referred me to "an angel" by the name of Deidra Eltzroth. She is the director of sales and made arrangements for me to be granted a special rate for the stays to come.
This is a great place and I highly recommend it!

Room tip: Rt 1 is behind, quiet is found in front rms. But the rooms are well insulated. You can't go wrong in any room.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

Was very happy with the room and breakfast. Checked in late and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and roomy. Had a very good continental breakfast in the morning. Wife loved the fact that they put six big towels in the bathroom (she uses a lot). They had a military discount and made the stay the least expensive of our trip.

Date of stay: July 2017