“Clean & Comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Dates of Stay: Sunday, September 15th - Monday, September 16th, 2013

Location: The Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport is approximately 28 miles NE of the Portland airport. It is conveniently located off I-295 and Hwy 1. However, it is easy to miss your turn onto Old Portland Road, and once you do, you will think you are in the wrong spot.

Value: As Marriott rewards members, we used one of our free night certificates, earned from Marriott's recent promo. Otherwise, our room would have been $179.00. What I love about Fairfield Inn's is that they offer complimentary parking, WiFi, and breakfast. All small expenses, that can really add up, especially for a long stay.

Room: We stayed in room 315, which had a partial wall dividing the sitting area & bed. The room featured two TVs and a Sony sound system compatible with iPhone & iPod. I especially liked the long bathroom counter, with ample room for two people to get ready at the same time. The shower had a Waterpik showerhead with plenty of water pressure. There was also plenty of light in the bathroom for putting on makeup, which is generally not the case in a most hotel rooms. However, the king size bed was centered in the sleeping area, which left very little walking room between the bed & the AC unit. This can be an issue, if you have to get up in the middle of the night.

Housekeeping: Upon arrival, the room was clean and in order. Since we were only there one night, I cannot attest to the daily housekeeping service.

Front Desk: We checked in around 8:45 pm on a Sunday evening. Check-in was quick & efficient. However, we were given a room directly across from the elevator, even though the hotel was no where near capacity. This is the second time this has happened on a free night certificate, and since it happened in two different states, I'm wondering if this is policy for free rewards nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OUTCRUISIN2610
Meghan R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give such a detailed review of us here in Tripadvisor! I am glad that we were able to provide you with what you needed in a hotel to make your stay a great one! I would like to let you know that it is not our policy to put our rewards members staying on points anywhere in particular within the hotel. It is only a coincidence that this happened to you at two separate locations. We only have a certain number of suites in the hotel, and even if we aren’t busy, the suites are usually the first rooms to sell out. So even though we weren’t full, that may have been the only suite available on your date of arrival. I would suggest making a note in your Marriott Rewards Profile that you prefer rooms away from the elevator, or ice machines etc. This will provide each Marriott hotel with the proper tools to help you get the perfect room for you, every time! Thank you again for staying with us & we look forward to your next visit to Maine!

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Would highly recommend for a couple night stay. I only stayed here for one night for business on my way to Rockport but I will keep it in mind for my next Maine adventure. The staff was incredibly friendly, my room was spotless and it was an easy off and on the highway. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Great work Fairfield Inn and Suites!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for your FIVE BUBBEL REVIEW here on Tripadvisor! We always love hearing that our guests enjoyed their time with us. We pride ourselves in being friendly and approachable at all times, and I am glad we were able to meet your needs and expectations while you were here! Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to being your hotel of choice when you are in the Brunswick area again!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel appears to be quite new. Everything here is fresh and pristine. Nice breakfast room with fireplace and crackling fire. convenient to downtown and all the shops and restaurants. A great place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review us here on Tripadvisor! Our hotel is actually celebrating our 9th birthday this month, but we renovated about a year and a half ago. The complete reinvention that our hotel underwent included our rooms and public spaces being updated to include new carpet, tile, wallpaper, furniture, lighting, and equipment, as well as a revamped breakfast which now includes hot items such as scrambled eggs & sausage patties. I’m glad you noticed! Thanks again for the review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a Marriott guy, so I am a bit biased and stay here while on business. This hotel was recently renovated...lobby, breakfast area and rooms. This is everything you'd expect from a fairfield inn...a comfortable place to stay/sleep, free internet (wired and wireless), free hot breakfast. Nothing fancy. Short drive to downtown Brunswick and Freeport is a plus, but not walking distance. If you need to stay here for business or a one night stay, i wouldn't hesitate to stay here. If you are here vacationing, there are plenty of other more attractive/more comfortable places to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing us here on Tripadvisor! You are correct- our Fairfield brand is designed to be business person friendly. Our guests are purpose-driven, especially during business travel. They know how to work on the road, but we help them get more done easily. We put them in control and make sure to support them by always getting the basics done right. We are proud to represent excellence in the moderate tier, and I am glad that you were able to experience this during your stay!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. The beds were comfortable and the room spacious. I especially liked the availability of coffee/teas/juices/water all day/night long. The staff was helpful and directed us to a beautiful state park (Popham Beach) when we asked for a close beach. It was perfect My only negative comment concerns the breakfast. It was alright but not exciting. We stayed 2 nights and the breakfast was replicated from one morning to the next. There was no variety. Overall, it was a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We love to hear that we are making our guests happy! I personally love Popham Beach State Park, it is definitely one of the most beautiful spots around- and it’s only about 30 minutes away! I’m so glad we were able to provide you with such a great suggestion while you were here! Thank you again for your review & we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn on our way up to Acadia National park. Our room was spotless and the bed was comfortable. I requested extra towels in the room when I made my reservation online and they were waiting in the room with a personalized note from the housekeeper- a nice touch. Continental breakfast was included and was pretty good. Cereal, fruit salad, bagels, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, juices and coffee. It was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for your FIVE BUBBLE REVIEW here on Tripadvisor! We love to hear when we perfectly meet our guests’ expectations, and even go beyond what they expect with personal touches! I will be sharing your comments at our daily staff meeting and we look forward to being your hotel of choice when you are in the Brunswick, Maine area again!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Not bad for a night stay, the walls were pretty thin and our neighbors were pretty loud (Put 2 and 2 together). I don't know if we just got a bad room or if the rest of the hotel is the same. If your staying here I would request an end unit. Other than that, the room and grounds were well kept but I typically expect a little more from the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Meghan R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! We suggest that anyone with heightened sensitivity to sound ask for a room on the front of the building. Next time you stay here please make note in your reservation that you are sensitive to sound and would like a quiet room, we will always do our best to accommodate our guests’ needs! I appreciate you taking the time to review us & I look forward to your next trip to Brunswick, Maine!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
2 mi away
The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport? Share your experiences!