Dates of Stay: Sunday, September 15th - Monday, September 16th, 2013
Location: The Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport is approximately 28 miles NE of the Portland airport. It is conveniently located off I-295 and Hwy 1. However, it is easy to miss your turn onto Old Portland Road, and once you do, you will think you are in the wrong spot.
Value: As Marriott rewards members, we used one of our free night certificates, earned from Marriott's recent promo. Otherwise, our room would have been $179.00. What I love about Fairfield Inn's is that they offer complimentary parking, WiFi, and breakfast. All small expenses, that can really add up, especially for a long stay.
Room: We stayed in room 315, which had a partial wall dividing the sitting area & bed. The room featured two TVs and a Sony sound system compatible with iPhone & iPod. I especially liked the long bathroom counter, with ample room for two people to get ready at the same time. The shower had a Waterpik showerhead with plenty of water pressure. There was also plenty of light in the bathroom for putting on makeup, which is generally not the case in a most hotel rooms. However, the king size bed was centered in the sleeping area, which left very little walking room between the bed & the AC unit. This can be an issue, if you have to get up in the middle of the night.
Housekeeping: Upon arrival, the room was clean and in order. Since we were only there one night, I cannot attest to the daily housekeeping service.
Front Desk: We checked in around 8:45 pm on a Sunday evening. Check-in was quick & efficient. However, we were given a room directly across from the elevator, even though the hotel was no where near capacity. This is the second time this has happened on a free night certificate, and since it happened in two different states, I'm wondering if this is policy for free rewards nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only minutes north of downtown Freeport, just south of Bath Iron Works, and only 3 miles from Bowdoin College, you will not find a more convenient or friendly host than the newly-renovated Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport! Whether you are shopping at one of over 100 outlet stores in Freeport or visiting a corporate client in Brunswick or Bath, we have everything you need to enjoy a vacation or stay productive while on the road. Explore the sandy beaches of Popham Beach and Reid State Parks close to our hotel in Brunswick, Maine. Visit historic downtown Brunswick's boutique shops; take in the scenic views of the nearby Maine coastline. Nearby, you'll also find the Brunswick Executive Airport, General Dynamics, Owens Corning, Midcoast Hospital, and Parkview Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Portland Brunswick
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland Brunswick Hotel Brunswick
- Fairfield Inn Brunswick
- Fairfield Brunswick
- Brunswick Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Brunswick Freeport Maine