Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“mediocre”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room was standard, really nothing to get excited about. We were there for one night only. We were up and off to Bangor in the AM. It was nothing that made it stand out in that distinguished as a Marriott hotel. Blah! It was clean, however.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Meghan R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! I am very happy you found our hotel clean, as I have mentioned before we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the rooms and public spaces. We always try to WOW our guests, and I am sorry we were unable to wow you. I hope that the next time you are in Brunswick you’ll give us a second chance to give you a stand out, distinguishable experience to get excited about!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orange, Connecticut
Reviewed November 8, 2012

From the time I booked the room and calling for requests of an adjoining room, the staff was great in doing anything they could to accommodate my request.
Megan is awesome, I asked about a local place to go out to eat and she was very helpful with suggestions and directions.
The rooms are good and it was clean, the pool and fitness area was clean and well kept

• Stayed November 2012
Wow! Thank you for your FIVE BUBBLE review! We always try our best to accommodate any requests our guests have! I am so glad we were able to meet your needs on your recent stay with us! I want to personally thank you for your comment about my awesomeness! I am proud that I was able to be a positive part of your experience here & I look forward being here for you on your next trip to Brunswick, Maine!
massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had no problem with the hotel itself, in fact is seemed newly remodeled and quite well kept. Standard for a Fairfield Inn otherwise. The one negative to me is the main road it's off which requires you to drive past and make a dangerous turn and cross traffic. Particularly dangerous because the cars you have to cut across are coming off a highway. Good location for a business stay otherwise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comments! You are correct; we recently finished a massive remodel including vinyl, carpet, tile, furniture, and décor. We pride ourselves in keeping our hotel looking as new as the day we opened, and I am glad to hear we have succeeded! I understand how navigating Brunswick can be frustrating with it’s many one way streets, as well as the “s” turn required to reach our hotel from Route one north. Unfortunately we cannot change the roadways around the hotel, but we do try to provide our guests with the easy to follow, detailed directions to & from many locations in the area. Usually the “s” turn is part of the quickest route, so we tend to direct people that way. On your next trip, ask our front desk for a different route back to the hotel, and we’d be happy to provide one for you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Hagerstown, MD
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Mediocre hotel in the Marriott chain. It was convenient to Freeport and I stayed here on points. The front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast had the standard things that any FF Inn has but seem to be displayed in a "tired" way. The hotel was clean. The room was smaller than many FF Inn's. I was only here for one night so it served its purpose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Meghan R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us here on Tripadvisor! We are glad that we were able to provide you with exactly what you needed on your overnight with us. I am pleased to let you know that in 2013 Marriott will be reinventing the standard Fairfield Inn breakfast, to include new items and new set up options! We appreciate your feedback and are always thankful for suggestions on how we can improve. Thank you for choosing to stay with us & we look forward to your next visit.
EUSTIS
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I had a get away weekend to celebrate our 5th year of wedded bliss. We wanted to stat ay the Fairfield Inn because in the past it was wonderful, but either the owners have changed, or they just dont care about the guests anymore. We stayed in a room with the whirlpool tub, went up, dropped our bags off and went to have dinner. When we came back I used the toliet, only to find out that it was broken- the water kept running and would not shut off- but no big deal, I took the lid off, fixed the thing and got ready for the tub. When I got in I turned on the jets and sat back to relax, only to discover that one of the jets didnt work....so i said to heck with it and leaned back to just relax and read a magazine. When I went to push myself up to add more water, my hand went into some type of drywall/insulation that had fallen from behind a painting-GROSS, but it gets worse. I called the front desk and let them know, and they said sorry and offered to move rooms- just what I want to do when Im just out of the tub right? So, about a hour later we decided to try the tub again, and I should have known better, but really wanted the romatic get away we were both looking for, so in we went. After soaking for about 10 minutes, my husband said What is this, and a piece of the jet went floating by in the tub...so we shut the jets off and started to get out, when I looked down you could see where the jet had come from and inside it was filled with black slimey stuff..mold? soap scum? I dont know, but it was awful! . I wanted to take a shower to get any black stuff off me, and when I pulled back the shower curtain, there were hairs on the wall from the last people that stayed-GROSS! When I brought it to the attention of the office manager the next am( the general manager over heard but walked away,) she said she was sorry...thats all, no refund, no I will send give you guys another stay- just sorry, and wish we could make it up to you. She was nice, but had no power to really do anything and the GM just walked away. I was so mad we just left- I calmed down and called back, and again she was very nice, but had nothing to offer other than a one night stay that we already had paid for and ended up in a dirty, run down room.

Dont stay here, for some reason the place has gone downhill and the manager could care less!

Room Tip: There are no tips for a good room- it use to be nice but has turned into a dump.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brian A
JasonGreene, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We greatly appreciate the time that all guests take to review our hotel honestly and factually. These reviews help us improve and enable us to keep a "pulse" on how guests are feeling about our product and service, which is especially important because we just completed a reinvention of all of our guest rooms and public space.

In this case, clearly there were some maintenance and cleanliness issues present. We have adjusted the toilet and have spoken to the housekeeper who was responsible for this room about the cleanliness issue with the shower walls to make sure this doesn't occur again. However, we were unable to find the drywall/insulation problem that was mentioned. Regarding the tub problem: we clean and sanitize our jetted-tubs daily. When a tub jet begins to fail, it will accumulate some soap residue due to insufficient water circulation. We apologize that this failed jet was not noticed before it affected this guest's stay. We are grateful that this was brought to our attention so that we can do a better job of inspecting our tub jets.

We take full responsibility for the problems with this guest room. As soon as we were notified by the guest about their concerns, we offered both to take care of the issues immediately or place the guest in a different room. Both of these options were declined by the guest.

Upon check out, the guest voiced their concerns in person to our front desk staff, who immediately brought it to the attention of management before the guest left the desk. Our Front Desk Manager responded and inquired multiple times with this guest as to what we could do to rectify the situation. The guest insisted that she did not want us to do anything other than to make us aware of the problems and address them for the next guest. Our Front Office Manager felt that the guest deserved compensation due to the problems with the room (especially due to the special occasion of the stay) and offered a complimentary night certificate, but this was refused by the guest and she checked out. About an hour went by and the guest phoned the hotel, asking for a specific amount of cash as compensation. We again offered her the certificate for a complimentary night. This offer was initially refused again, but was accepted at the end of the phone call. We have since provided the guest with the certificate.

Guest service is our #1 priority because our guests are who keep us in business. We take each and every guest request and concern seriously. When a guest has a problem, we take full responsibility for mistakes we made and do every thing in our power to rectify the situation on the spot. Regrettably, the rare occasion arises where we are unable to come to an understanding with a guest and he/she leaves the hotel unsatisfied. These situations are unfortunate, but they do not hinder our commitment to give all guests the service that makes them want to return and respond positively to any feedback that we receive.
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Overall a nice place to spend the night. Room was clean, heating/cooling worked and so did the in-room coffee pot! We stayed overnight on Oct 7, 2012. Only a short drive to the shops and LL Bean, and it was a jumping off spot for us to do some leaf peeping (perhaps a little late for us this year). Could be an "excellent" rating but being new to reviewing I have given that out to freely!

Unlike one of the posts, the breakast area (in my opinion) had a full array to select from from; cold cereal to Belgian waffels, breakfast wraps, bagels , toast, english muffins etc etc etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your Four out of Five bubble review! I hope we can earn that final bubble on your next stay with us! Many of our guests use our hotel as a “jumping off point” when visiting Maine because of our central location. As you mentioned, we are only minutes from L.L. Bean, Downtown Freeport and the 150 other outlet stores. We are also within 30 minutes of some fantastic Maine beaches and within an hour of many State parks where, if your timing is right, you can do some amazing leaf peeping! Hopefully next year you can catch the gorgeous colors of Maine’s fall foliage, and enjoy our hotel as a “jumping off point” again!
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed one night. Room was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately I was given the room near the elevator and vending/ice machines. Though I didn't hear too much. I didn't hear the traffic like another person stated and I was on the second floor of the back of the hotel. The breakfast was really good. I had a Belguim waffle that was made fresh for me. They had lots to choose from (cereals, english muffins, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, yogurts, oatmeal with toppings and fruit).
The only thing they could do is install some little lights along the walkway. Seemed a little dark walking over from the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
It was great to read your review and here of your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. Due to the location of our hotel not every room can be silent, but we do try to place guests with extreme sensitivity to sound away from our elevators, or ice machines. I am glad that the placement of your room did not disturb your restful night! Our breakfast ambassadors love to make waffles for our guests, and sometimes if I’m lucky, they’ll even make me one! (They really are delicious!) We appreciate your suggestion of lights along the walkway and will certainly take it into consideration. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to being your hotel of choice when in the Brunswick, Maine area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
Travelers Inn
Travelers Inn
#2 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport? Share your experiences!