“Great service & fish special!”

Joshua's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #16 of 106 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Houston, TX
“Great service & fish special!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stopped into Joshua's on my first night in Brunswick because I asked my hotel where the locals like to dine. I sat at the bar and ordered one of the fresh fish specials. I The co-owner at the bar was sweet and the guys who made conversation with me were friendly. The fish and the company were great. I felt most welcome to Brunswick!

Auburn, Maine
“good, just not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food was good, service was good, a bit loud the night we went. A bit on the high side.

There were 4 of us and nobody's meal was great, but nobody's was horrible.

I would give them another try should I be in the area.

sabattus
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I dont know what that othe reviewer is talking about. Joshua's has been renovated and is one of our favorite places to go. The menu offers alot of diff choices from sandwhiches...awesome burgers to fresh seafood. The freshly paited dinning room is refreshing and we love the new nostalgic pictures. The drinks are fantastic served by some of the nicest people. The wait staff is personable and are quick with service.

San Juan Islands, Washington
“Chamberlain would turn over in his grave”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Even daring to use Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's name is an outrage. This greasy spoon with overtones of a gin mill is plastered with pictures and copies of Chamberlain events, trying to make use of a name that vaulted back into prominence with the landing of the movie "Gettysburg" which, by the way, premiered in Brunswick. Greasy food in a place that needs some serious spiffing as well as a name change would be in order.

• Visited September 2012
New York
“Yummy seafood chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

An excellent soup! This restaurant is a tavern on the first floor and the more formal dining area upstairs is only open in season.
We enjoyed the crab cakes as well, but the best meal we had here was the seafood chowder!