“Pasta pleasing”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2017

We enjoyed drinks and dinner here before a performance at the Maine music theater on Bowdoin College campus. Lovely little bar with good selection of drinks. Dining room is relaxed and comfortable. Great pasta selection,,salads and desserts.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

One of the specials tonight was a fish stew with haddock and scallops. When I think of a stew I think of a thick, hearty meal. Instead, what I got was a bowl filled mostly filled with broth, a couple of pieces of fish and a few vegetables. What a disappointment. The only reason the meal wasn't given only one star was because the meals of the others in our party were actually pretty good.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I went for burgers at lunch, burgers were ok but we were disappointed that the cheese was cold without a hint of melting. When I asked about it, I was informed it was difficult to melt cheese without overcooking since we ordered medium rare. I always order medium rare and the cheese is always melted - popping it under a broiler should be pretty easy. I also thought $14 was a little steep for a burger and chips. The chipotle sauce was delicious and the service was very good.

Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

Funky decorations, potent drinks and fresh, tasty meals made for a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Though the noise level was a bit high, the Caesar salad and Rose Begonia pasta were well worth having to talk a little louder. The menu is more suited to lunch with lots of burgers, sandwiches and pizzas but the pasta choices are interesting enough to make me go back at night and try a few others. If you like Sangria, theirs is good and comes in carafes with straws!

Reviewed January 25, 2017

The food is well prepared and the selection is good for family or couple. The decor is cheerful, BUT, the noise level is really noticeable. Having been there quite a few times, I asked the waiter and he said they had tried to curb sound in various ways, but not to much avail! I suggest going during off hours.
They claim to have gluten free menu but it basically consists of serving sandwiches without bread.