“Great Indian food, good atmosphere, staff friendly”
Review of Bombay Mahal

Bombay Mahal
Ranked #18 of 113 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've eaten here 5-6 times in the last two months, and have to say, it's great food! I've eaten a lot of Indian in my years and would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting good, authentic Indian food that is prepared to order. I feel it's a good value and the atmosphere is comfortable and nice looking. On 3 occasions now, I've seen the owner and chef come out to ask the diners how the food is.
There is another Indian restaurant in Brunswick - right down the street - that I'll have to try too, but doubt whatever they could serve up would get me to stop going to Bombay Mahal.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went here for an all you can eat buffet with my brother and friend. I only had 3 plates of food and I get charged 4$ extra from the buffet price for supposedley eating too much food, according to the lady. I didn't waste any food either. The lady said after 2 plates they have to charge us 2$ for an extra plate of food even though their was no sign in this restaurant stating these rules before we started eating there.

These are some greedy business people who falsely advertise their restaurant. They try to take advantage of customers for extra money during the buffet hours so be careful if you decide to go.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is my fourth time to Bombay Mahal so that should be a good indication of how I like the restaurant. Specifically, on the way home from Bar Harbor to Washington, DC, one has to make an effort to sidetrack to Brunswick, ME and if you do, so goes the driving schedule. So each time I am in Maine, I make it part of my travel ritual to stop and eat at Bombay Mahal. This time, the mata paneer was extraordinary, unlike any I have had elsewhere. Given the traditional make up of this dish (spinach and cheese), it is usually a rather creamy affair, but the chef here has taken it to a new level by adding slices of ginger and other herbs to really punch up the normally mild flavor of mata paneer and to add a flavorful texture element to this dish. The eggplant dish we tried was also unique in that the eggplants were a small and tender yet very flavorful variety which the chef perfectly matched with spices. Bombay Mahal always pleasantly surprises and pleases me. It is now part of my Maine visit ritual.

1  Thank MountainBiker19
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were pleased with the full menu and well prepared food. The vegetables in my dish weren't quite as advertised (couldn't find the eggplant) but I was happy with the tasty dish. Fairly priced. We ate outside on a glorious summer day.

1  Thank carolegth
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We are great fans of Indian cuisine and Bombay Mahal is definitely one of the best. We regularly travel the Maine Coast and always try to stop at this excellent restaurant. A surprising gem offering Indian food which rivals any in the greater Boston area. The best Nan ever. On our most recent dining there, the Navrattan Korma was superb as was the Dal Makhani.

1  Thank LionelSlingsbee