“A Yum!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our 1st visit on the 21st for lunch left some really good impressions. The restaurant has a nice layout and feel with adequate off-street parking. Hannah our server did a good job throughout our meal. The fish chowder had that nice smoky bacon taste and it might have been pancetta…..very nice!! The wife opted for the seafood risotto, which was pretty good. She did mention a slight oily taste and that could have been from the seared scallops/shrimp, but it was pretty good. My choice was penne pasta with a puttenesca sauce and homemade sausages on the side………excellent!!! We took a slice of tiramisu to-go for dessert for $5, but it was not worth it. Those little balls of baked dough with garlic, olive oil and parmesan were very addicting!!! We will certainly be back!!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We've only been to The Great Impasta once before, but we had a wonderful dinner recently. We had a gift card, and were waiting for the chance to use it. Our server was too cute! Leyna, I think her name was? Very helpful in making decisions. The appetizer we ordered was phenomenal - nothing short of genius. Deep fried rice balls, filled with butternut squash puree, sitting in a pool of bechamel sauce. To.die.for. We each had a nice pasta entree(me pasta primavera - not super memorable, but certainly pretty, with fresh vegetables, and my husband had pasta bolognese, which he loved), and a great dessert - again, what a great idea to have just a tiny dessert. Just a little sweet, so you don't feel too full. Brownie bites(3 small bites - perfect!) in a scoop of chocolate espresso gelato. My mouth is watering all over again writing this!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We like this restaurant and visit at least a few times a year. We were seated promptly as we add on the early side and there wasn't a wait. Tonight the entrees pollo Mediterrean were both delicious. They now offer many of the entrees in two sizes. I got the larger because I love it for lunch the next day. We ordered an appetizer of bruschetta that was on special. The bruschetta had three different. I really enjoyed the toppings on these but the bread was a little tough. The salads were delicious as always and my spouse always requests an pepperonicin peppers which they gladly add. The server was pleasant and friendly. Our salads were served before the appetiziers were served and we hadn't finished those before our entrees came. That is probably the responsiblity of the kitchen. Yes, we go back it is always a place we like.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place did not turn me on very much. I expected better but just thought it was just ok. Will not return. Too many other great places to eat.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We arrived just before closing, on a rainy night with lots of lightning. There was no parking available but after several trips around several blocks we squeezed in. The wait was significant, but the people waiting were friendly and the hostess helpful. The salad was exceptional as was the pasta- plenty of garlic and good olive oil. The emphasis was on the lightness of the sauce, not the heaviness. Excellent rolls. Great meal.

1  Thank jwmarkey