“Always a Favorite!”

Dining options: Reservations
Sandown, New Hampshire
“Always a Favorite!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Captain Mike's is a favorite of ours especially when we take our grandmother out to lunch. They are very accommodating with her wheelchair. The food is fantastic and the price is very affordable. The atmosphere is very relaxing and comfortable. Try their homemade desserts; you won't be sorry.

• Visited November 2012

Bangor, Maine
“Yummy!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Captain Mike's restaurant has excellent seafood! My husband I really appreciate the food and friendly service!

• Visited October 2012
Bowdoinham
“Mother's Birthday Party”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I called and arranged to have my mothers birthday celebration here. They were very accommodating. There were too many of us to sit together, and had to sit on opposite sides of the room, but still within talking range. I didn't like their steaks though. They were about 50/50 meat to fat ratio, and as the prices are a little on the high side I think they could have been of a better quality.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank twubbl
Danville
“Great example of customer service”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I were vacationing in Maine over Labor day. We arrived in town early evening and were looking for a place to eat around 8:00p.m. we went to Capt. Mike upon recommendation. When we arrived they were closing and we were discouraged as we were hungry and tired. The individual that greeted us at Capt. Mike's was very pleasant. She apologized, gave us another recommendation for the night. Because of her customer service, we did return to the restaurant the following night, had a great supper and received another recommendation for a church service the next morning (she even made calls to confirm time and correct directions). Even if the food had not been the best we would still recommend, (food though was great). This restaurant exceeds my opinion of customer service. The women the first night had no idea that we would come back, but that did not concern her, she just wanted to help us. Thank you.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Grammy5Danville
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing return visit”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have been here twice - but both times it was for take out and I bought a bowl of their fabulous mixed fish chowder. I am in Maine on business but brought daughter with this time so decided to try 'eating in' rather than take out. Big mistake. Poor service on marginally busy Saturday night around 5:30 pm. We decided to split the seafood platter. Beware there is a $1 fee for a split plate. OK. I can live with that. The clams were great. The shrimp small but ok. Haddock ok. Scallops were so underdone they were cold inside. When I brought that to their attention, we rec'd a mini plate with then 4 over done scallops. The bill had no consideration for a meal that had become tainted in my opinion. Waitress never refilled waters. Dirty dishes sat until floor manager came to take them away. Really overall disappointing experience. I'll still go back for the chowder - take out only.

• Visited March 2012