“Great shows”

64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Great shows”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I saw two shows here tyhis summer .We saw one last summer and were completely blown away by the calibre of the performances.We now make it an annual trip to see something here.

Westbrook, Maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good show; problems for handicapped”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My granddaughter and I attended a performance of Mary Poppins. Most seats give a good view of the stage, but we were in the Super Saver section and discovered the elevator does not go to the balcony and super saver sections. You must use the stairs. In addition, there is no handicapped parking close to the building--fortunately I had my walker with me.

Connecticut
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“As Good as Broadway plus Comfortable Seats!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our first time here, we saw "Mary Poppins" and it was flat-out excellent. I have not seen the B'way production so I cannot make a direct comparison but I have seen enough B'way shows to assure you that the acting, dancing, singing and overall performances were as good as anything you would see on 44th Street. It is very much akin to the Ogunquit Playhouse. For this production the leads, including the children, were absolutely spot on. Further, it really was an electric performance, with the audience being drawn in to singing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" during the play and then at the curtain call. It really was exciting and I do not say that lightly. Next year, 2014, they have Buddy, the Buddy Holly story and several other offerings. Also, the seats are modern, thick auditorium seats much more comfortable than most B'way venues. Notes: when you enter the theater is upstairs; the concession stand is the kiosk you see as you walk in and there is an electric bell that rings five minutes before the end of the intermission.

Westport, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Worth Attending”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful venue on the gorgeous Bowdoin Campus. Spend time earlier in their two free museums - of Art and the Artic, in the Chapel and other Campus highpoints. The performance quality was excellent. A comfortable modern theater.

Lords Valley, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“lovely theater, wonderful show”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This nicely designed, acoustically fine theater is a must stop if you are in the Brunswick
area. We saw the musical "Gypsy". Tickets are reasonably priced for a regional theater. Performance was more than satisfactory. We will go again when we are in area. An easy drive from Freeport.

Visited July 2013