“Good show; problems for handicapped”

Maine State Music Theatre
Ranked #4 of 29 things to do in Brunswick
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My granddaughter and I attended a performance of Mary Poppins. Most seats give a good view of the stage, but we were in the Super Saver section and discovered the elevator does not go to the balcony and super saver sections. You must use the stairs. In addition, there is no handicapped parking close to the building--fortunately I had my walker with me.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our first time here, we saw "Mary Poppins" and it was flat-out excellent. I have not seen the B'way production so I cannot make a direct comparison but I have seen enough B'way shows to assure you that the acting, dancing, singing and overall performances were as good as anything you would see on 44th Street. It is very much akin to the Ogunquit Playhouse. For this production the leads, including the children, were absolutely spot on. Further, it really was an electric performance, with the audience being drawn in to singing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" during the play and then at the curtain call. It really was exciting and I do not say that lightly. Next year, 2014, they have Buddy, the Buddy Holly story and several other offerings. Also, the seats are modern, thick auditorium seats much more comfortable than most B'way venues. Notes: when you enter the theater is upstairs; the concession stand is the kiosk you see as you walk in and there is an electric bell that rings five minutes before the end of the intermission.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful venue on the gorgeous Bowdoin Campus. Spend time earlier in their two free museums - of Art and the Artic, in the Chapel and other Campus highpoints. The performance quality was excellent. A comfortable modern theater.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This nicely designed, acoustically fine theater is a must stop if you are in the Brunswick
area. We saw the musical "Gypsy". Tickets are reasonably priced for a regional theater. Performance was more than satisfactory. We will go again when we are in area. An easy drive from Freeport.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

MSMT is a professional theater with outstanding productions. The talent is amazing, the sets and costumes are exceptionally well done and the whole experience is worth every penny of the ticket price. Brunswick is fortunate to have such cultural resource.