“Okay Food, Okay Prices, Good in a pinch”
Review of Asian Garden

Asian Garden
Ranked #56 of 113 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was all fine, just not great, average everything: food, prices, service. I take that back-- the service was good. Still, we only went once and with other better options in town, aren't likely to return.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had lunch here today. The service was friendly and attentive, the lunch included soup and an egg or spring roll, and the food was very good. Prices were reasonable for the quality of the meal. It is nice to have a choice of Asian, Japanese, or Chinese food all in one place.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good Chinese food in Maine seems to be a thing of the past .Upon reading other reviews of this restaurant , we had great expectations . Traveled a half hour from Portland for lunch & should have stayed home . The food seemed fresh , but lacked the flavors that make you fall in love with Chinese food in the first place . My friend & I both thought the hot & sour soup was really bland lacking all of the sour notes . It was over gelatinous & short on veggies . Mine had no tofu where my friend's had 3 large pieces . It as served with stale , under cooked fried noodles .
The egg rolls & spring rolls were OK but again bland . Pork dumplings needed something , anything for flavor ! Ginger , garlic , a zesty dipping sauce ? So confused with the huge menu , we ended up with a pleasant but lackluster fried rice & General Tso's chicken . The chicken was fresh & cooked well , but not spicy or flavorful . Nice tea but had to ask for it .
The restaurant was clean , but the atmosphere was annoying . The tables are oddly arranged & the waitstaff seemed rushed & a bit overwhelmed . There was a beeping coming from the kitchen all the time . I felt like my laundry was done ! A cold air was blowing at our table the whole time & cooled the food . If you just want to fill your belly , go ahead .
I've never been a big fan of Japanese , Thai & Chinese all in one place .
Pick one & do it really well !
Dying for Chinese in the post Hu Shang era .

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I thought the best Thai restaurant in Maine was in the Portland area....not so. Asian Garden is without a doubt the best Thai I've had in southern Maine. It was cooked fresh just for me.....not overly cooked all day. The spring rolls were fantastic, light and perfect. Just had it tonight.

1  Thank InnVictoriaVermont
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We ducked into this restaurant to avoid a thunderstorm, as it was one of the few places open on July 4th. We'd ordered take-out once before, and had been happy with it. We shared the fried dumplings and Szechuan Pork. Both were awesome. Very generous portions: 6 HUGE dumplings. The pork was tender, and accompanied by fresh crisp vegetables. The waitress was so very helpful, too. She loaned me her own reading glasses, brought us extra rice, extra hot tea, and shared her local knowledge of the storm outside. And the bill for a dinner that filled two of us up: $17!

1  Thank ooonor