“Perfect Lobster Roll!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Libby's Market
Ranked #3 of 106 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The BEST Lobster Roll (and more) in the whole state!!!! (without question, and I should know).
Topsham, Maine, USA
“Perfect Lobster Roll!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

While it isn't on the water, Libby's Market brings the ocean to you with fresh lobster caught by the owner, picked by his wife, and served to you in the perfect lobster roll package. I got the medium and it was simply filled to the brim with fresh awesome lobster. My dad came to visit and insisted that we go to Libby's every day of his stay so that he could get his fill. If you are in Brunswick don't miss this gem.

• Visited June 2014

“Did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Well it's true..... They are as good as everyone says! Totally worth the stop with fabulously fresh lobster rolls! We loved them! Staff were friendly and helpful! We sat outside in the sun and munched our rolls.

Boston
“Lobster in the Rough, er..Parking Lot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I found this place through other TA reviews--and all were spot on. The Lobster rolls are without peer. My hint is to get the "medium"--it is the size of anyone else's "large" and even my generally ravenous son could not finish his. It is a little market--and you order inside at the counter. Buy a bag of chips and a drink, and sit outside on one of three picnic tables bordering the street and parking lot. Truly wonderful experience. HINT: they will ask you if you want lettuce on the roll, and if you want your roll toasted. The answer to both is :"Yes". Another good point in their favor is that you can charge it. Many places are cash only--this is not. And the rolls are not cheap. BTW-there was a family eating a calzone next to us that looked amazing. We didn't have anything other than the rolls--but if that calzone is any indication-there is more to Libby's than just lobster!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mookie61
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Lobsta Roll Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The quiet words stated at the Bowdoin College admissions desk by the summer interns was unequivocal. With just a bit of time between the campus tour and the college interview "Libby's" was an extraordinary value for a lobsta roll. These words were so prophetic. Off of Federal on Jordan sits this unimposing "store" that advertises "Lobster Rolls" on its sign near the street. Tina, the gal who greeted me on entering, pointed out the 3 sizes of lobsta roll displayed on the counter, when I told her that was my mission. Not to be a glutton, I opted for the mid size roll for $14 bucks that is a buck less than the price I've paid at Kelly's Roast Beef in Danvers, MA. But, buoy o' buoy, the chunks of lobsta meat stuffed in to the "Libby's Roll" were more pleasing to my taste buds than any other lobsta roll I've had in a great long while. The sandwich makers delivered my lunch out at the umbrella covered tables and I basked in the gorgeous mid-day sun on the backstreets of Brunswick. This place is extraordinary but those smart college kids at Bowdoin know this and thoughtfully shared this bit of advice with me.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Richard H
Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOBSTER roll + LOBSTER & BACON & EGGS + LOBSTER roll & BEER = LIBBY's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I were hungry for Lobster, so we flew to Portland and drove to Brunswick. Libby's the best. 1st Stop = LIBBY's, the rest was history.. We loved everything about the store. nothing compared to the food or hospitality. My top 3 are in the title.... But the flavored coffee is an awesome high in the morning! If you stop here, YOU WILL BE BACK, WE DID 3 TIMES!!

• Visited May 2014