“Lobsta Roll Perfection”

Libby's Market
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The BEST Lobster Roll (and more) in the whole state!!!! (without question, and I should know).
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Lobsta Roll Perfection”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The quiet words stated at the Bowdoin College admissions desk by the summer interns was unequivocal. With just a bit of time between the campus tour and the college interview "Libby's" was an extraordinary value for a lobsta roll. These words were so prophetic. Off of Federal on Jordan sits this unimposing "store" that advertises "Lobster Rolls" on its sign near the street. Tina, the gal who greeted me on entering, pointed out the 3 sizes of lobsta roll displayed on the counter, when I told her that was my mission. Not to be a glutton, I opted for the mid size roll for $14 bucks that is a buck less than the price I've paid at Kelly's Roast Beef in Danvers, MA. But, buoy o' buoy, the chunks of lobsta meat stuffed in to the "Libby's Roll" were more pleasing to my taste buds than any other lobsta roll I've had in a great long while. The sandwich makers delivered my lunch out at the umbrella covered tables and I basked in the gorgeous mid-day sun on the backstreets of Brunswick. This place is extraordinary but those smart college kids at Bowdoin know this and thoughtfully shared this bit of advice with me.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Richard H

Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania
“LOBSTER roll + LOBSTER & BACON & EGGS + LOBSTER roll & BEER = LIBBY's”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I were hungry for Lobster, so we flew to Portland and drove to Brunswick. Libby's the best. 1st Stop = LIBBY's, the rest was history.. We loved everything about the store. nothing compared to the food or hospitality. My top 3 are in the title.... But the flavored coffee is an awesome high in the morning! If you stop here, YOU WILL BE BACK, WE DID 3 TIMES!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank IBCoolbreeze
Portland, Maine
“LOSER!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Oh, on the lottery ticket I bought on my way out! What more could I possibly add to a place on Trip Advisor which ONLY has the top two ratings? NOTHING AS LIBBYS RETAINS THE TITLE OF SERVING THE ABSOLUTELY BEST LOBSTER ROLL, CRAB ROLL (both of which my wife and I shared just the other evening for dinner, along with some pork rinds) AND SO MUCH MORE ON THE PLANET, PERIOD ENDED!

PLUS - as I and others have stated here countless times before - THE SWEETEST, NICEST, HARDEST-WORKING PEOPLE (DAN & TINA LIBBY) I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE TO KNOW.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank theghostwriter
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Decided not to eat here. Smelled of grease from fried food which we don't eat.”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We were not going to have lobster which the reviews were great. The restaurant was off the beaten track. Market smelled like grease since a lot of the food was fried. Decided not to eat here.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank AnneDeidre
Gold River, California
“Indeed the Most Awesome Lobster Rolls!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Checked tripadvisor for a good lunch spot while driving back south after a week around Acadia and found Libby's Market, and what a find! The prior reviewers are not exaggerating: for us these were also the most awesome lobster rolls we have ever had. Eating a great lobster roll sitting next to a shelf with motor oil and boxes of napkins even feels right somehow. Libby's is definitely worth a side trip when you're in southern Maine.

• Visited June 2014