“Unadulterated”

Libby's Market
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Voted best lobster roll in the Midcoast! We have great slab pizza, sandwiches, beer & wine selection with friendly service. Everyone is welcome at Libby's!
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Heaven wrapped in butcher paper- simple, pure and perfect. Pick your size- small, medium or large. Grab a drink from the market selection- beer, wine or water are perfect. We enjoyed ours at a picnic table in the sun. This seems much more like a place for the locals than the tourists as it's off the main street. Plus my husband really wanted to leave as it looked like you might expect to be served 7-11 food. But I just walked up and ordered, and he was so glad that I did.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Don't miss this - go for lunch and back for a late afternoon snack. This does not have to be your big night out - it is a stop on the side of the road. Food is perfect as you have already read - but also HUGE servings at great price. This place is SO friendly - my kids were just beaming. The woman taking our order told my daughter (a rising senior - looking at Bowdoin) that it was my daughter's job to prepare us to let her go to college - by being BAD! Then we would be happy to just wave her goodbye. This place is down home fun. It will loosen you up and help you relax. Outdoor dining on a few picnic tables. Nothing fancy. Full of locals who tolerate the rest of us quite well! They areproud of Libbys and proud to see the tourists flocking here!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had the opportunity to sample several lobster rolls this trip to Brunswick. Saw the trip advisor review of Libby's and had a medium for lunch as we left town. Oh, the lost opportunities; why did we consume lobster roll anywhere else? Definitely simple: the usual bun, although the large is baguette-sized; light on the mayonnaise, not a deluge, just a sprinkle; and the lobster fresh and chunky. Simply more flavorful and meatier than any other, including those prepared at the popular restaurants, and definitely cheaper. People behind the counter are very nice and service is quick. Already contemplating the next trip. Deserves the string of 5 ratings.

1  Thank AGM1954
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I are new to Maine and have been told of many different places that have "the best lobster roll". We were told by the former owners of our home about this little gem of a hole in the wall variety store that's right around the corner from our church congregation. We were not disappointed! The large lobster roll is too much for me to eat in one sitting. I usually take the other half home and eat it for lunch the next day. Owners are friendly and love when you love their lobster roll. The crab roll is just as good. By far the best tasting and best bang for your buck that we have come across... Don't let the outside of the building fool you... BEST LOBSTER ROLL!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our third year here; we were only able to visit once, alas. As I said last year, this place still has the best lobster roll in Maine, period. (The Lobsterman's Co-op [opposite Our Lady Queen of Peace] and the Lobster Dock in Boothbay are a close, tied-for-second, but still second). These lobster rolls are still unsurpassed in the known world. Not only are they delicious but two mediums are a large meal. I often eat two lobster rolls at other places but they compare to the 'small' roll here. The small roll is nine bucks the large is eighteen and the medium is somewhere in-between. I had the large this year and the quality has not changed. This year the three picnic tables are freshly painted and a lazy Susan with condiments are added to each table. N.B. There are no public restrooms. Please, if you are even within 25 miles of Brunswick, make a detour and eat here, you will be glad you did!