“Great atmosphere, great food, reasonable prices”
Review of Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Bowdoinham, Maine
“Great atmosphere, great food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Last night was my 5th dinner at Little Tokyo and it was as good as ever. The atmosphere is very nice - elegantly and distinctively decorated, with a beautiful back-lit bar.

I ordered the stir fried soba noodles with vegetables. The portion was large and was superb. I lived in Japan when I was younger and these tasted more like the kind I had in Japan - not gooey or overcooked like you find in many restaurants but stir fried to perfection.

My parents had the udon soup with shrimp and salmon and were very pleased with it. The bowls were huge and it looked like a real, wholesome homemade soup. My husband got sushi and said it tasted great and fresh.

They have a nice drink selection, from sake to plum wine, japanese and domestic beer, wine, and a nice cocktail selection.

The only small downsides from our dinner last night was that it was a little chilly in the restaurant, so bring a sweater to be safe. The service was slightly slow, but not enough to put a damper in our night. Overall, this is definitely the best Japanese restaurant I've tried in Brunswick/mid-coast Maine, and I would say equivalent to some of the excellent Japanese restaurants in Portland.

• Visited October 2013

Weston, Massachusetts
“Good food, friendly staff and reasonable prices”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Located in Brunswick, Maine, Little Tokyo serves vacationing summer people, Bowdoin College students, professors, and staff and local residents. A casual but attractive restaurant, it's often busy, but service is efficient and helpful. The luncheon Bento boxes include miso soup, salad, an appetizer and the main course, and prices start at $9! Other dishes are relatively priced, although the sushi, made there daily behind the sushi bar, can be more pricey. Gluten free and vegan items are available and noted on the menu. A full bar offers both hot and cold saki. The downtown location is convenient. We enjoy the change from the many seafood restaurants in the area.

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sushi and service!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We walked in on a crowded Labor Day eve and were immediately seated. This place is bustling with college students and locals. The food came out quickly and everything we ordered was spot on. They know how to run a restaurant and keep everyone pleased. I would definitely recommend!

• Visited August 2013
Durham, Maine
“Great Place for Japanese Food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just had dinner at Little Tokyo. It was very busy for a Monday night in Brunswick and with good reason. They have an extensive menu, and I found the food to be very good. My wife thought the tempura was somewhat tasteless, but I liked it. The service was excellent, and the server was knowledgeable. The portions were more than adequate. The only downside to our evening was that we didn't get to try more menu items. It would be fun to go with a group and share the selections. We'll be going back.

• Visited August 2013
Brunswick, Maine
“Pricey!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place is good if you like sushi but be warned it is very pricey. Interesting atmosphere of causal dining they have tried to make classy with nicely set tables and table side service. Good location in downtown Brunswick, just may have to drive around a bit to find parking.

• Visited July 2013