“My husbands birthday”

Trattoria Athena
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had been to this restaurant before and loved it it is very small so we made a reservation for 7:30 3 days before. We arrived at 7:30 and had to wait 30 minutes for a table we were told the specials I ordered one of the specials then I was informed that two of the specials were no longer available so I ordered the lamb it was ok a bit fatty not up to there usual standered. The starters were very good and my husband enjoyed his meal. The waitress was very friendly and knowledgable. Hopefully it was just an off night. We will give it another try.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Athena

Reviewed August 1, 2014

There are better places to eat downtown. The service is very subpar, the server didn't even know what the specials were for the day. We went for drinks and I was disappointed the Italian soda is just served in a can for $2.50. We were debating ordering dessert and the waitress told us we had plenty of time because they were open until 11 PM but at 9 when she caught me looking over the menu she said the kitchen was closed. I felt like she could have checked in with us to see if we were still interested in ordering something before and we were just talking our time catching up because she said they were open late. It's a nice atmosphere to sit on the patio on a summer night but nearly every restaurant on Maine St. has outdoor patio seating so I would recommend trying some place else.

1  Thank Jess F
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The restaurant is very small with a limited menu but what you get is fresh and delicious! We ate from the menu Prix Fixe and each course was lovely. Our server was pleasant and was always there to refill our wine glass. The pickled fiddleheads in our salads were excellent and when I inquired about them, the chef came out to tell me how they were made!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

In general this is a nice place, though not exceptional. The best thing that we had was the deep fried artichokes as an appetizer, somewhat like a tempura. I had ravioli which were drowning in olive oil and my wife had sword fish which was good though nothing exceptional. The Greek wine was OK.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived on a weeknight with no reservation, and found the last two places at the bar. Everything was beautifully prepared, with special attention to things in season (fiddleheads) and freshness (fish). The meal was really superb. We had very pleasant waiting staff and just a lovely evening out. Would recommend and go again.

1  Thank TunbridgeWells1