“Good beer selection, bad service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lion's Pride - CLOSED

The Lion's Pride
Cuisines: American, Pub, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Right off of route one, it is listed on the RateBeer website because of its excellent beer selection. Fairly new restaurant off of Route 1 in Brunswick, ME.
Massachusetts
“Good beer selection, bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

The owners are clearly passionate about beer, and it's a nice pub that Brunswick is lucky to have. The service however is bad - our waitress knew next to nothing about the extensive beer menu, and would disappear for long stretches of time. She was young and flighty, and really just quite annoying on the rare occasions that we did see her. On a quiet Thursday it took over an hour for our burgers to arrive, and no one came to check if we needed drink refills. The interior could use a rethink as well - the bar room is jammed with tables that are sometimes way to close, while the outlying rooms were oddly speckled with just a few tables. Overall, the service and atmosphere just miss the mark - I hope the owners will fix these issues so the pun can realize it's potential.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SMa1983

Durham, Maine
“My Favorite in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This place is AWESOME!! They have 35 or so beers on tap, not a single one an American pilsner!! (This makes me a very happy camper!) It seems like they may just get a single keg/ cask of each kind, and when it's gone, in comes something completely different! I love trying beers from around the world, as well as ones brewed right here in Maine! Not only do I love the beer selection, but the food is excellent as well! I have a hard time staying away from the Ruben because seriously, (and I am a ruben LOVER,) this is one of the best I've ever had! Their fries are home made, like the ones you get at a fair...OH! SO GOOD! The people who work there are passionate about the beer they serve, and the gentleman that seems to be behind the bar most often when I am there knows EVERYTHING about EVERY BEER! All the way from what type of hops were used to brew, to the brewer's dog's name! GO HERE! IT IS A MUST!!!!

• Visited June 2012
Brunswick, ME
“Unique Beers and Good Food to go with Them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is not only a place to try unique beers from around the world, but the food was wonderful and complimented some of the beers nicely.  The pork shoulder sandwich was one of the top such sandwiches I've ever had and the coleslaw was fresh and crunchy.  The steak and cheese sandwich with sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms was delicious.  The soft bread was fresh 'till the last bit and the handcut fries were excellent.

Coconut shrimp appetizer so good!  Indian Egg Rolls were unique.  I'm not sure I could do them justice, you'll just have to try them.  The lamb "lollipops" are served on a cinnamon stick with a roasted red pepper sauce.

Entrees are good and portions generous.

There were only 2 desserts, both cheesecakes, so we tried the Maple Brown Sugar cheesecake and it was excellent.  The presentation was beautiful and it tasted very homemade, in a good way.  It was not too sweet yet it had a nice maple flavor.

We decided to try a beer sampler so we could taste 6 different beers and that worked out well because we tried 3 light and 3 dark beers.  The beertender came to our table and happily told us the story of how The Lion's Pride came to Brunswick and how they choose the beers they feature.

We're sorry we waited two years to try The Lion's Price, but now we know we'll be back with family and friends. It is an expensive night out. You won't find cheap beer here, but you will find fresh and unique beers and very good food.

On Tuesday nights, local musicians play so it can be crowded between 7:30-9:00pm.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sandra B
South Florida, Florida
“Almost converted from wine to beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

During a short getaway to Brunswick our hotel desk clerk recommended Lions Pride for dinner a large selection of beer. My husband was blown away by the 35 draft beers offered....where to begin?.....and I asked if they offered wine as well. The bartender smiled and assured me that they indeed served wine. The young couple next to me laughed and said she may convert me! Sure enough she proceeded to explain about 3 different beers that were very similar to wine and had some of the same ingredients then brought a sample of each....wow....I ended up ordering the 10th glass of beer in my whole life (I'm 67!). Bartender Erin knew her stuff. We also enjoyed her recommendation for dinner.....roast beef special at $12.00 and Tuscan chicken served over pasta. ... both meals were outstanding. I strongly recommend you stop in and enjoy all that Lions Pride has to offer. The location nor the exterior do it the justice it deserves....but the interior and all that it has to offer make it well worth your time. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“From the point of view of a kid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

this review was written by a 13-year old girl two days after her visit.

When we first arrived, there was a scary loin water fountain in the doorway, but after that the restaurant had a very friendly pub type feel with an endless beer selection.We ordered the boneless bbq wing appetizer. these were the best wings i have ever eaten in my entire life! they were like no other with the perfect coating of sauce and the perfect crunch as well. then i ordered the burger. This was the best burger ive had in a while. they cooked it just like i asked, and it was deliciously juicy! THen for dessert we had the boston creamm cake and, oh my god, the best cake i have ever eaten. I know this sounds like im exaggerating but this was the best meal ive had in years! i wouldnt have traded this dinner for any other.