“Great diner, fun service”
Review of Jen's Place - CLOSED

Jen's Place
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jen's Place specializes in homemade cooking in a down-home-Maine atmosphere. At Jen's, friends are made and families come together to enjoy the warm feeling of good food, eclectic decor and friendly service. Full breakfast menu featuring pancakes, omelets and scrambles, traditional Eggs Benedict, and Jen's signature corned-beef hash.
“Great diner, fun service”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Pumpkin pancakes for me, homemade Belgian waffle with scrambled eggs for my husband. Coffee was average but breakfast was great. I'm sure it's a hit with the local college students after a night of drinking root beer.

1 Thank SullivanAbbey

Brunswick, Maine
“Gone down.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I used to like this place alot but I think I'm done going there unless they get their act together. Was at Jen's this past week and after we were seated we were served our coffee and placed our order. The breakfast came and we never saw our waitress again until the bill arrived. No asking if everything was good, no refills on coffee. The bacon had an "off" taste and I wound up giving it to my dog. When I was there last month with my husband I noticed the same problem with the bacon and thought it was just a fluke, it was either inferior quality or improperly stored.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank baileysmom57
Maine, USA
“I can't believe the good reviews”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I love a greasy spoon. But generally, I expect them to wash the spoon before they use it. It's like someone's dirty living room. The entire staff kept taking smoke breaks but were never seen washing their hands. Gross. The food is good not great and it's not very inexpensive. The atmosphere is dingy and dirty. The staff substitutes "hun" for actual courtesy. The good reviews are nuts to me. I'm not a snob. This place is not worth a stop.

1 Thank toryandrew
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Unique!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a really "at home" feel to it. It is a small town gem, only one waitress while we were there so service was a little slow, definitely worth the wait though. They have a really big menu, so many flavors of pancakes ( I ordered PB&J ) basically anything you can think of breakfast wise was on the menu. Food was delicious!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank jessicaeowyn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Character"=trashy kitchen”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

There is no character or atmosphere here. It's like someone's tacky (not kitschy) kitchen. An awkward visit to your trashy neighbors who happen to cook pretty well. Most of customers are family or friends who are there simply because they have nowhere else to go. The service sucked, not because of the overflowing character but because we spilled and no one helped. Also we never were asked how the food was, I never got a refill or water. The kids meal said "choice of drink" but then had prices for drink which they charged. The place is fairly expensive for what you get. It's not some big secret, hidden local place with charm. It's simply the neighborhood dive. Only there isn't much of a neighborhood. It seems like some sort of hype made them into a lazy kitchen. Don't believe the reviews. You can do better.