“one word , DIRTY !”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Montreal, Canada
“one word , DIRTY !”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

omg what dirty rooms , carpet was discusting , toilets were laced with hair ,sheets were stained with blood , had to ask for sheets, Jesus what an aweful stay. Noisy Noisy Noisy . I cant believe the cleaning staff , Best Western ! You should be ashamed ! Looks are so deceiving . Stay away and don't bring kids there . Renovated !? Gimme a break ! Please people ,my review is the actual real and unbiased truth , stayed 4 nights and never never never again.

Room Tip: choose another location !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank danjul12
Marc W, Asst. General Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry your recent stay with us was not pleasant. We recognized that we had a issue with the way our rooms were being handled. We have gone through some major changes to our cleaning staff and have, I feel, fixed the problem. Again I am sorry your stay had to suffer as a result of our problems, and I hope you consider stopping in for a room tour next time you are in the Brunswick area.

Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel fairly often under the previous ownership. Best Western has made some nice changes. It's modernized and meets the requirements for a good nights sleep. The rooms are large and well appointed. The breakfast options are many and the young lady was constantly making sure that everything was filled and clean. Front desk personnel were polite and helpful. We were able to secure a good rate through Priceline and I'm surprised that it's only rated a 2.5 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time to review us! Having stayed with us before you can see first hand the difference our rennovations have made. I hope you enjoyed your time in Brunswick and hope you think of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Bath next time you're in the area.

USA
Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you value a peaceful night's rest then this is the PERFECT place: no freeway noises, no train whistles, just peace and quiet. You can actually sleep with the window wide open and not need any ear plugs!!

We had planned to spend just one night but wound up staying 3 nights. This was such a perfect base for us to explore Bath, Brunswick, Freeport (L.L. Bean) and even Portland, ME, which is just 30 minutes away.

This hotel is almost like a hidden gem and certainly deserves a higher star rating. We don't know how old the building is, but it has been nicely maintained and upgraded, and yet has a comfortable old-fashioned feel to it.

The rooms are very spacious with a good-sized bathroom. The beds are comfortable and the amenities include microwave, mini-fridge and a Keurig coffee maker - with Green Mountain coffee, of course. The air-conditioner in our room was whisper-quiet, but we prefer an open window.

The complimentary full breakfast was excellent and most satisfying. And those yummy cranberry scones..... they're to die for!

We also enjoyed their large indoor saltwater pool. We could actually swim laps after the kids were done playing in the pool.

But best of all was the staff's hospitality. Melissa and Payton at the front desk were genuinely happy to see us and made us feel right at home.

Kudos to the Best Western Plus in Brunswick Bath, Maine!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your wonderful review! Our location makes us PERFECT for a good nights sleep being away from the center of town, and also as a base camp for coastal activities. Our full hot breakfast every morning leaves you full and ready for the days activities. I am thoroughly glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am corresponding with you today in regards to our recent stay at your facility. I am specifically writing to express my appreciation for the quality of service and genuine hospitality offered to my wife and I while our home remains under repair. Our home was damaged due to water and we have had to conduct business from both afar and in person regarding this matter. This was the second time we were privileged to have accommodations with your hotel. Despite the many offers I researched online, I could not justify not staying at your location based on sheer logistics, immienities and the unbeatable deal offered to us.

We enjoyed the peace and quiet nightly after tending to our homes needs and working tirelessly with our contractor and buying supplies locally at the Brunswick Lowes home improvement store just down the street. The room was clean, spacious and before starting our days we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast bar. There was a proper supply of large towels; pillows and bed were very comfortable.

My wife in her initial stay there had the pleasure of meeting two young ladies by the names of Melissa B. & Melissa M. During this visit, I was introduced to them and found them both to be consummate professionals as well as subject matter experts in the hotel industry. Knowing that two young women are this dedicated to a line of business definitely added to the excellent service of the staff.

I can't imagine giving anything less than a 5 to this hotel. I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family.

Thank you again.

Jeff & Carla H.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to book your reservations. I say this due to the fact that this is a busy ho...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marc W, Asst. General Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank You Jeff and Carla for you wonderful review! The two Melissa's have been with our hotel for quite some time now and work very hard to please every guest that walks through our doors. I am very happy to hear they made your stay as seamless as possible while going though the house ordeal. Our location makes us, as you say, logistical choice for the people traveling along the coast, and especially if you're headig to/live in Harpswell. We await your return (hopefully not under the same circumstances) and give us a call if there is anything we can do for you!

Salisbury, MD
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I can't imagine giving anything less than a 5 to this hotel. It looked brand new, but it's 18 years old. The room was clean and big and nice. The breakfast was one of the best free breakfasts we've had on our trip throughout New England. Wireless was great. Shower was great. This was a nice place. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marc W, Asst General Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank You for your review! Our complete rennovation completed last fall made our property look brand new, and our guests very much pleased with the value of their stay. Breakfast was one of the first things we upgraded, now serving hot eggs, sausage, waffle maker, and of course all the essential fruits and pastries for a filling breakfast.

Somverville Ma
Reviewed May 3, 2013

First: super kind, helpful staff. I made a reservation through Priceline for a four-day mental health getaway and ended up having to cancel the first night because of car trouble. When I called, Melissa at the front desk was kind enough to work with Priceline not to charge me for the first night, which I really appreciated, and then continued to unobtrusively check in on me for the rest of my stay. The hotel is very quiet and clean. The breakfast is not gourmet, but quite decent (make-your-own waffles, sausage, eggs, fruit, good coffee ... ). Minifridge in the room, great wifi. But what really made this place stand out was the staff--everyone was so kind and helpful. There's also a pretty indoor saltwater pool (with an outside deck for summer); I'd never experienced one before, but it was very pleasant and felt a lot cleaner to swim in than a chlorinated one. Definitely families using it occasionally but I found ample quiet time to swim a few laps in the off-season.

It's also about a 20-minute drive to the Casco Bay area and islands--Orrs Island, Bailey Island, Harpswell--which is gorgeous, picturesque Maine coast with seafood and restaurants ranging from fun and quirky (Fat Boy Drive In) to excellent (Cook's Lobster). A great home base for a quiet getaway and some good old-fashioned New England sightseeing. I'd definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I had a huge jetted tub ... worth the extra few dollars if you like baths!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Solo t
Thank for your kind words about our staff and for taking the time to write a such a thorough review! I am glad your stay was enjoyable and relaxing, which is crucial if you are on a mental health getaway. You mentioned all of our awesome ammenities and all of which were rennovated with our top to bottom rennovation last fall. The salt water pool is soething new as of the end of spring and our guests have had nothing but good things to say about it! Thank you for your review and I hope to see you sometime soon!

Cape Cod., Mass.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed three nights, off-season. Everything was perfect. Clean, spacious, comfortable room. There was a good supply of large towels. Pillows and bed were very comfortable. WiFi worked well. Friendly, helpful staff. Swimming pool was a delight. (There is also a fitness room with new equipment but I didn't use it.) The breakfast was great -- hot scrambled eggs, hot sausage or bacon, a waffle maker that actually worked, an array of cereals and breads. Nice k-cup coffeemaker in the room, too. My only complaint (a minor one) is that there is no sign for the motel out on the main road, and it can be a little tricky finding it in the dark. Very impressed -- will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your review! I am glad to hear your stay with us was perfect. Our number one goal is to make sure your stay is as comfortable and relaxing as it can be, and our staff work very hard to make this home away from home. We strive on the value our guests see for their stay and we are always trying to find ways to improve it.

Thank You!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Comfort Inn
The Daniel
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport

Been to Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath? Share your experiences!