and 1 more site!
Cherokee Casino & Hotel West Siloam Springs
Catoosa, Oklahoma
“Very Nice”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed over the weekend for the 1st time. The rooms were very nice, clean, comfy beds and a big bathroom, huge shower. The rooms are non smoking and they provide a couple of warm cookies upon check in. There are 2 bottles of water in your room and there is a small fridge. We will stay again. The casino itself was very clean when we first got there although the cleaning crew was fighting a losing battle with smokers leaving ashes everywhere by the end of the evening. I don't begrudge people the right to smoke but come on people use the ash trays! The band that was playing was great. All in all this was a very good trip.

Room Tip: We were in 718 and have no complaints
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank waglemom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 12, 2014

If you enjoy smelling like cigarette smoke then this is a fine hotel for you. We were stuck staying here for a college graduation. We arrived at 3 pm which is check in where we were told our rooms were not ready. After driving for hours with young kids I was irritated waiting for the room. I proceeded to ask for a discount for my room since it wasn't ready. The woman went into the back room and came out saying she found me a room but it wouldn't be with the rest of my party. I then asked for a discount so she went to the back room again and came out to tell me my room (along with the other guests) were magically ready. The rooms themselves are nice but their was no bathtub in our room which would have been helpful for young kids. Later in the evening when my sister watched my boys my husband and I decided to check out the casino. We were so appalled by the horrible smoke that stunk up our clothes and hair. In fact the restaurant that is right off the casino stinks too and has horrible service. It was also so sad to see many of the people that were in the casino in the evening at the slots again at 7 in the morning the next day. If you are a smoker this is a fine hotel for you otherwise I'd stay at The Hampton Inn and Suites in town which I've stayed at before and has great service.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor to avoid the smell.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LauraM_7
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We flew into XNA and had a free night so decided to stay at this property and check out the casino. The hotel was very nice, clean, and quiet and the casino was very nice as well. Hotel staff was great. One tip: the Casino players card will save you $10 on the room rate so pick one up before you check in. Would certainly stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Pick up a casino card before checking in to save $10 on the room rate.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hokiechip
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was probably one of the cleanest casinos I have visited, even though it was Smoking in some areas. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were perfect, even for a 5 day stay. The bars were also big and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jb2186
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had to do a job a Cherokee West Siloam this week. Spent 7 days at the hotel and casino. Hotel is pretty nice for being in the middle of nowhere. Comfortable beds, good water pressure. Only drawback was no room service.
The restaurants were also pretty good. The steakhouse has very good. Had a couple cocktails at the bar on the casino floor. One drawback is that they weren't over zealous to get you served there. Also ate at the cafe and the buffet. Both pretty decent for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank degenx1973
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel and visiting this casino. Before making a reservation, we looked online to find reviews of it. Unsure which hotel a few people actually stayed in, since asking for their 'recommendations' caused me to get a look from the check-in clerk that implied I was a little nuts for asking about such things:

#1 - ask for 5th floor as it is non-smoking (in reality, non-smoking is floors 4-7)
#2 - ask for a view of the 'creek' (there is no creek viewable in any direction!) - this was when I got the 'are you nuts' look

So, forget asking for the above 2 things!

Now, for the hotel. We got on 7th floor (non-smoking), 2 queen beds. We realized our mistake was not asking for a room near the elevator (got room at the far end of the hall - but thought we would not make the trip too often to ask for change in location). The rooms are pretty quiet, except when staff is vacuuming anywhere near, you hear it as if it is in the room with you. The so-called 'triple sheeted' beds are nice, but when you pull back 2 of the 3 sheets to sleep inside the bed, you learn the beds are kind of hard. Would have been better to sleep on top of everything with an extra blanket or something. Our view was of back parking lot (seemingly staff parking) and giant air conditioners. If we had been on the other side of the hallway, I believe we would have stared upon the top of the casino and toward the small highway that passes by.

The internet was somewhat concerning, as you had no password to access it - so a firewall is a MUST for any device you use there.

There was large flatscreen tv (more than 40"), refrigerator, and nice desk/chair. Also a leather-type larger chair to lounge in.

The bathroom was darkly appointed (dark red walls, dark wood fixtures, and dark tile). There was only a shower (very large), no tub. Nice, but could have used better planning design.

Casino is through a hall/walkway with some museum-quality decorations on the Cherokee Indians. At the end, to your left, is the buffet. We ate at the buffet, $9.99 for dinner (or all day Sunday - which is when we ate there) with the players card. Many different types of cuisine such as Mexican, Italian, BBQ, local favorites, salad bar, dessert bar. Very good for the price.

The casino is your typical Oklahoma Indian casino, with slots ranging from 1 cent to $10, etc. I am sure there were game tables and bingo somewhere, but did not run across those as I was not actively looking for them.

All in all, a good place to bunk down for the night.

Room Tip: Sign up for the player's card before checking in, as they take $10/night off with card (which ma...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank oktravelchick
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm not one to review a casino hotel but this establishment is a cut above any I've been to for these reasons:
1) The interior of the hotel and lobby is beautifully decorated and there are nicely displayed Cherokee Indian artifacts and artwork throughout so you get a bit of tribal history; 2) The hotel rooms are nicely appointed and the bathroom shower is large enough for 2+ people;
3) The restaurant's buffet offers an amazing array of food arranged by cuisine. Go there hungry!; and I have to say that the hotel's staff and service is above and beyond most well known chain hotels.

Notice I didn't even mention the casino.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 20 in Springdale
Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville
Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville
#1 of 23 in Fayetteville

Been to Cherokee Casino & Hotel West Siloam Springs? Share your experiences!