“Christmas Concert”

Stone Mountain Arts Center
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Quiet setting great entertainment and excellent food Gibson bros were the guest entertainment Carol Noonan and the Stone mountain Band are very good musicians. It's a ride to get there, but worth every mile. visit there web site to see the upcoming schedule, very good place to see music up close

2  Thank Scott J

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just had the true pleasure of visiting Stone Mountain for the third time. I am a lifelong concert goer and continue to enjoy hearing live music of all kinds. Stone Mountain is my favorite venue, the size, sound and atmosphere can't be beat. All the musicians I have seen there really respond to the special opportunity to play for their small and attentive audiences. My only two regrets are that I don't live closer and...that they don't have a dance floor!

2  Thank Cindy P
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful spot for a romantic getaway in the White Mountains of New Hampshire/Maine. SMAC attracts big-name performers but the 200-seat venue is rustic and intimate. Dinner is served before the performance, and drinks are available throughout. Artists onstage play under lofty timbered ceilings and twinkly lights. Local inns offer packages which include dinner, transportation and event tickets. We stayed at the Snowvillage Inn, where we had a delicious dinner and enjoyed a concert by Sarah Jarosz, an up-and-coming bluegrass singer on the Sugar Hill label. Our van driver was pleasant and prompt, and the fellow concert patrons were enthusiastic locals who frequent the arts center and made us feel very welcome.

2  Thank RadarOR
Reviewed August 22, 2013

August 11th, my third trip to SMAC. Carol, from the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!! Thank you for providing such a great venue. I look forward to more visits in the future. Keep up the good work. All the best to you.

1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We've been trying to get over to SMAC since we heard great reviews from folks at the Palmer House Inn, and we weren't disappointed. After driving around the Maine countryside catching occasional great views of the White Mountains to the north and west, we were blown away by the energy and ambience of the bar / staging area. The early arrivals get first dinner seating assignments (hint: be there when the doors open, generally at 6PM), but they aren't kidding when they say there isn't a bad seat in the joint.
The food was very good, off an eclectic menu with cool names. A little adventurous.
The acoustics were clean, sound system powerful without being overbearing, and we were treated to a great show by Shawn Mullins (rock-a-bye) and friends.
I am only a little reluctant to write this great review because I don't want to get shut out of our next visit. Bring friends, enjoy a great venue that's easy on the wallet especially if you're used to suburban Boston prices for anything close to the same experience. And Boston simply doesn't offer this kind of experience.

2  Thank CountryMouse02116

Been to Stone Mountain Arts Center? Share your experiences!