“Excellent Experience with Hotel Sealord”

Sealord Hotel Cochin
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Pune, India
“Excellent Experience with Hotel Sealord”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a wonderful day in cochin with this hotel.The hotel is in city center so we can easily walk through the Branded shops or Boating that whatever we wants.Hotel faculty is also very nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank shekhar k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
Kota, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

A very well located hotel just adjacent to Marine Drive. It gives you value for the money they charge. Very Nice and Big Rooms with all the standard amenities. Since it is at a stone throw distance from the Marine drive you can have Morning and evening stroll there. Located in the Middle of market so you can explore other dining options and have a local shopping experience also. The Morning breakfast is lavish and gives good variety for Vegetarians, the taste is also very good.
Just one issue that they have a centralized air Conditioning system, which i think trips very frequently and so sometimes it gets hot at night. They need to improve on that aspect.

Room Tip: Room on higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ankur_RubyJain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Iam so happy to write this review.i stayed in sealord on last july.they gave good service to us.good food also
iam thankful to the staff.especially mr:vishnu.the front desk manager.he gave good room to us.we reserved deluxe room there.but he gave executive room to us without colecting any payment.
The chef and service team are so nice and help ful.their breakfast was so delicious
iam so thankful to the staff and management

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jaspalendra
Noida, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is well located with Cochin if you want to stay there for a day or two for personal or transit purpose (I stayed there with my family and have good time).

The best thing I liked about this hotel was location, not so congested area and very close to marine drive where you can just go for morning or evening walk.

Also there is roof top restaurant where you can enjoy your drinks and dinner looking the scenic beauty of Cochin marine drive in the night.

The food is also good and served north indian cuisines also (and with good taste..!), Also the staff was quite helpful for guiding tourists like us for local singht-seeing.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms on upper floors to have good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Devinder_THAKUR
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am sitting and writing this review whilst I am undergoing the torture of their service.

Rooms
the rooms are just ok and nothing great value for the money they charge, thought they are located conveniently opposite to Bay pride mall. this hotel doesn't deserve anything more then half a star in any of the functions. All doors are jammed and it takes super power to close or open the door. the lift stinks (new or old lift, it all stinks). the by who helped me with my luggage seemed as if he didnt bathe for days, I just decided to take the luggage by myself. Ac of the room on or not is all the same, have to make to with the fan only all night.

Bathrooms
Tap leakage all through out the day. Door jamming issue continues with the bathroom as well. The toileteries are with a rusted cover with lot of dust inside it. They have installed a brand new mini rain shower in which only one side works and the other one obviously doesnt.

Bed
Very uncomfortable, hard, stinky, dirty and used. they havent even bothered washing the lined before reusing it.

In room service
This is the worst on this earth. I asked the person on the other end to suggest veg and not spicy dishes. and he started with offering exactly the opposite.
I gave up and decided to order on my own.
I ordered for punjabi roasted papad - which is supposed to be fried papad with the toppings on it. they served me roasted papad with lots of chillies and red chilli powder on it. One bite into it and I am bled my tongue (no reference, I absolutely bled and my tongue is blood red now).

I went down and complained to the manager and he did not show any reaction, or apology. Made me look like he is doing me a favour.

I come up and rest of my order is served

Lemon Ice tea - full of crushed ice with a lemon on top of the dirty glass along with tea and sugar syrup separately. In spite of telling him I want readymade Ice tea, this is what I get.

Sandwich - Ordered for a veg cheese sandwich, grilled was not available hence he decided to toast it and serve it to me without any cheese and it was a task to chew the cold, sticky sandwich down my throat.

Finally gave up on all of this and asked them to serve me a simple butterscotch milk shake and they add twice the amount of syrup, I can smell medicine in this.. May be to cover up my bleeding tongue, I dunno what to tell these guys

After 1 hour of struggle of trying to get basic food from Sealord hotel; I am still sitting hungry and angry and writing this review.

My suggestion - Never ever stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jhabak

Travelers are raving about these Ernakulam hotels

Thane, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I lived in this hotel twice with my family during our trip to Kerala. The rooms were large and included a sofa. The location of the hotel was excellent. The main thing was that the restaurant had a variety of food available (Chinese, South Indian, North Indian, etc.). The only problem was that the room service was slow. In the end, I must say that you must try this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

In this july6th i stayed in sealord hotel.they gave wonderful stay to us.their food,service are awesome.
The front desk staffs are so helpful.
We enjoyed our stay
the rooms r well cleaned.
We wil recomment our friends too

• Stayed July 2013