“Wonderful Business Hotel in Kochi”
Review of Holiday Inn Cochin

Holiday Inn Cochin
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“Wonderful Business Hotel in Kochi”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed this hotel for a night stay about 45 minutes from the Cochin airport . Very helpful & courteous staff made my stay memorable.Clean , tidy & spacious rooms with nice & clean bathroon. Facilities like gym , sauna , pool etc. were also well maintained. The dinner spread was also great. Looking forward to come back here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have lower noise & better view of the skyline.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, July 29, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciating your comments about the room experience and meal experience with us. And I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

We are pleased to inform you that we will be having our Weekend food promotions in the month of August, serving Mexican and Mediterranean delicacies.

Thank you again, for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future. Thank you!

Raju Shrestha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was my second stay and, again, it was terrific. The staff members are incredibly helpful. The rooms and public spaces are immaculate. The breakfast buffet and other amenities are great. And to top it off, the price makes it a great value!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Had stayed at the HI kochi for a night. The hotel is quite poorly maintained and looks tired and worn out for a 3 year old five star hotel. Stayed in 1103 which is a smoking floor and while it is acceptable to anticipate a certain amount of smoke smell what we got was a stinky and smelly room which was bad for even me a smoker. The headboard was completely worn out and the over all state of the hotel was quite poor. The staff were robotic and kept on saying namaste at every possible turn and it gets annoying after a while as apart from the namaste , they seemed quite out of sync. Polite but lost . The prices at the outlets seemed quite steep and you are better of checking out local restaurants like takkara or the grand hotel for f&b experience. Over all I won't go back to the holiday inn kochi and possibly check out crown plaza next time around as the room rates are more or less the same and the place seems to be definitely better managed

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, July 18, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for your kind word for all my team members, and I am very glad to know that you are satisfied with the service and product offered by us. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging words will help us constantly improve our service.

Please accept my sincere apology for falling shot of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. We have noted your feedback about the condition of the room and the odour in the floor, and please be rest assure that we have taken necessary corrective measures to avoid the same experience in future.

I thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future and I assure you of an enhanced stay experience on your future visit.

Sincerely
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

A great hotel. I stayed off an on for five months and they really went out of their way to make things comfortable. Unlike most hotels in north america where you are faceless. The front desk staff knew who I was and would have my check in paperwork ready when I arrived. On top of it breakfast here is awesome combining both western and Indian dishes. The chefs would also be able to accommodate most any request.
If you are ever in Kochi I highly recommend staying here.
My only negative here is that check out always took longer than it should have. Unlike the north american efficiency of express check out here you had to go pay your bill and review it at the check out counter.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hussein A
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, July 14, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Please accept my sincere apology for falling shot of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. We have noted your feedback about the check out experience, and please be rest assure that we have taken necessary corrective measures to avoid the same experience in future.

Sincerely
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Used this hotel for a night stay on one of my business trips. Fantastic services and the dinner spread was also great. Room was spic and span. The facilities like gym and pool were also well maintained.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, July 12, 2014

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've been a frequent visitor to this hotel as my friends and I visit the restaurant, have dinner, drinks and play pool. The one time I've stayed here, I really enjoyed my stay, thanks to the very comfortable and clean beds and rooms. The service here is great and the buffet at both lunch and dinner is truly delicious and reasonably priced! Great food! It's not too far from the city centre and the airport is about 45 minutes away from the hotel. It's a great place to stay when you're in cochin and it's not too expensive either. I love this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014

Doha
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at this Hotel in India. As my days of seeking adventure are well behind me I just wanted to get in and complete my business without becoming ill. The hotel is an oasis and I highly recommend that you stay there. Service is good, if not a little too much at times, but the staff is attentive and very helpful. I took a single room with a king size bed and it was fine. Good bathroom with good water pressure and hot water (note room has large shower but no bathtub), comfortable bed, desk, sat TV, free wifi and was very quiet (room 607). The hotel is in a compound with security gate (that they use) and guards based around the perimeter. There is a pub with a decent selection and a pretty good Italian place within the hotel. The gym is superior to most hotels and has a nice outdoor pool overlooking the city. Water temp was nice and the pool water was clean. I had my breakfast (buffet) in the restaurant located on the ground floor near the coffee shop. It was decent and although it is definitely leaning towards local tastes you can get a decent western style breakfast with made to order omelette station etc. The Hotel is located off the main highway that runs east - west through the city. Airport is about 45 minutes during quiet time but plan for at least 90 minutes during rush hour as they are constructing a new elevated train system which causes some pinch points. All in all was pretty happy with stay, had a small issue with getting shoes shined, but it really was just a minor hick up. If you have to be in Kochi (Cochin) I highly recommend this hotel. Unless you are looking for some adventure of course. Please note the reason for the low rating for spa is that they do not have one. They do have steam room and sauna available at the gym.

Room Tip: Get a room beside the Fire Escape door for peace of mind
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pat T
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, July 9, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciating your comments about the service of our team members, room & meal experience and the overall stay experience with us. I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

Raju Shrestha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Radisson Blu Kochi
#5 of 30 in Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 207 in Kochi (Cochin)
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#3 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!