“Decent Business Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Chennai
“Decent Business Hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Loved the soft and hard pillow choices, attention to detail in designing the rooms for business use. I checked in on my birthday and me being an IHG member, the chef sent a complimentary and surprise dessert to my room!
The breakfast area was well lit and the spread was good. Had some problems with flies due to the door to open dining area not being shut properly and once I notified the manager, he took care of it immediately.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, March 12, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi as a valued IHG Rewards club member!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about overall stay, room experience and the Breakfast experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my team when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment and once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

With best Regards
Raju Shrestha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Annecy-le-Vieux, France
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Not located in central old Kochi, but much better to avoid traffic jams
Very professional front desk staff and Laundry manager.
EXCELLENT bedding ever, well above many other 5 star hotels in India.
Delicious food at either dinner or breakfast, compliments to chef Michael.
Very nice gym.. but honestly some efforts need to be made around the pool area that could be cleaner.

Room Tip: Best rooms are the large corner deluxe rooms, better than a suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, March 14, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for comments about Team members, room , meal and overall stay experience with us. I will definitely communicate to Chef Michael, Laundry in-charge, and Front Desk Team and I am sure they would be pleased.

We have noted your feedback about the pool area cleanliness and please be rest assured that we will take all appropriate corrective measures to ensure to avoid such situations in future.

With best regards
Winchester VA
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Generally, this is a class act. Very clean, slick and western. The room was modern and ergonomically pleasant. Very expensive wi-fi. I was very disappointed that the operator of the hotel could not help me when I needed to make a person-to-person call to the US. She was quite unpleasant and I incurred charges due to her persistent errors. Fortunately, the morning desk clerk was very friendly and eliminated the charges.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, March 3, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We have noted your comments on WIFI and collect call issues you had to face during your stay and please accept my sincere apology for the same and will do the needful to correct the same in future.

We are pleased to inform you that all IHG Hotels Worldwide offers basic free WIFI to its all IHG Rewards Member and should you wish to become a member, you may please email me your following informations and we will process your membership which is free to my my official email address: raju.shrestha@ihg.com.
Full Name
Complete postal address
Email address
Contact no.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment and once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

London
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel doesn't have a spa. Good location, the staff always greet you in the reception area, they are also very knowledgable for information and advice of local area and places of interest. The Executive suites rooms are extremely lovely with extra living room. the Delux rooms are standard. supermarket and rishaw are 150 metres on left of hotel

Room Tip: Executive suites rooms are best if you can afford it. Higher floor will reduce car noise level.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JFKtravel
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, February 25, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about location, knowledgeable and , caring attitude of Team members and overall experience with us.

It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

We do not have SPA in the premises as mentioned, however we have Gymnasium with state of art equipment, Jacuzzi and Sauna.

notts england
Reviewed February 19, 2014

V modern hotel. V efficient staff, both helpful and friendly. Room was good with all the usuall services inc wifi (free in our case).
The evening and morning meals were excellent with a large range of possible dishes all buffet style. chefs available to advise and cook small dishes on request.
Checkout was quick and accurate.

Room Tip: The upper floors give a clear view over the city of Kochin
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, February 20, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about overall stay, room experience, meal experience, check out experience and efficient/helpful team members. It is always hugely motivating to me and my team when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

With best Regards
salt lake
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed one night on our way to Allepey. It's a very nice, clean, modern hotel conveniently located on the main highway. Our room was quiet and comfortable. Only problem was it was Valentine's Day and the restaurant only had a special (elaborate) menu. The only other dinner option was room service. Good front desk, coffee shop and sports bar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Raju2362, Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Sir,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about your room experience, Coffee Shop, Sports Bar and Front Desk . It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment in near future.
Regards,

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I am very much satisfied with the service, staff was so friendly and well mannered.
Only problem was Mosquito's out side the hotel lobby and also in the restaurant. ( Try to solve the fly problem, its dangerous to all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Sir,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you feel you received great service. Its something our staff takes pride in, so we value your feedback.

We have noted your comment on mosquito and definitely we will take necessary corrective action.

Next time you return to Holiday Inn Kochi , be sure to check out our poolside bar b que on every Thursday, which is delicious.

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Raju Shrestha General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Radisson Blu Kochi
#5 of 30 in Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 207 in Kochi (Cochin)
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#3 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!