“Awesome!!!”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at Holiday Inn Cochin as we were bumped off the other hotel.
Honestly we were not expecting a good experience there, however we were surprised the moment we arrived at the hotel.
The staff at the hotel was vey friendly and took good care of us. They were swifly and efficient with the entire arrival process. The room alloted to us was on the high floor and was very spacious. It had all the amenities required.
The staff had arranged for a delicious cake and a lovely bouquet for us (knowing we just got married).
The room service was quick and efficient too.
The food tastes great and we especially liked the sambhar and would highly recommend it.

Overall we an awesome experience at Holiday Inn Cochin and would certainly reccomend it to others!!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the High Floor facing the city!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, January 3, 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciative your comments about the service of our team members and the meal experience . It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment and once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise

Raju Shrestha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed here for a day. Checked in on 11 December 2013 and checked out on 12 December 2013, my birthday. The rooms were clean, spacious and offered a great view of the city. The staff was attentive, prompt and courteous. Breakfast Buffet had tons of options, however Dinner menu at Masala Restaurant could use some additions. The menu is limited and full of primarily south Indian/ Non vegetarian food. I being a North Indian Vegetarian found it difficult to order. I would definitely return. A wonderful experience overall. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, December 26, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciative your comments about our team members and the room experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

We have noted your comments about our Masala dinner menu options of North Indian dishes, please be rest assured that we will be doing necessary changes in the dinner buffet menu to avoid the same difficulties in future.

We thank you very much once again for bringing it to our notice, Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Holiday Inn Cochin over Christmas. Our room was luxurious, clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and he food was great with loads of options at the buffet. We also had the 6 course Christmas dinner and every course was perfect.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments of meal and room experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

DULIAJAN, ASSAM
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed two night here. Reached around 4 pm, very nice reception. There is a Assamese guy in front desk very helpful. Rooms are clean beautiful. Food is very good. there is a swimming pool and a well equipped gym, didn't get much time to use it. Anyway we enjoyed a lot. The chief cook and the staffs in the restaurant are very nice. Specially there is a Nepali guy. We went to Thrissur, Athriapally, organised by hotel with a sincere and honest driver named Rajesh. Travel desk is very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciative your comments about the service of our team members. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is my second visit with family. It has been over an year. Hotel looks a bit run down from previous. The staff and stay were good. The pool and pool deck area look really run down...needs pressure washing, painting etc to bring back the luster of yore. Also looking down from my room 519 to the parapet below I saw a moss covered place. The windows are unclean and that affects seeing the outside world clearly. So please take steps to maintain property well.

The day we hit the dinner buffet at Masaala (18th dec night) there were a lot of dishes, but most were not tasty. But the breakfast buffet was excellent on the 19th. The downstairs cafe service sucked. The staff manning that cafe needs training to at least say 'will be with you in a moment' or something equivalent. We waited 5 mins to get to talk to the attendant ; he kept ignoring us and looked way too busy to show any courtesy. And the tables at the cafe were all left unclean and we had to sit at the most cleanest of all the uncleaned ones.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Neal R
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Neal,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We understand, we did not meet your expectation and fell below par. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us to improve our next guest or your next visit.

We have noted your feedback about the general cleanliness and Food and Beverage service experience that you had during the stay, and rest be assured that we will take appropriate corrective action and necessary trainings to avoid such situations in future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hotel has decent rooms and good location but they are terrible in customer service
I booked the hotel through IHG website and was given the cost estimate (on website and email) of
Rs.11, 224.52 but when I checked my credit card statement Rs.12423.72 was deducted on my credit card. They did not bother to take my permission or even inform me about the same. When I realized that I have been overcharged I reported to their customer service department which confirmed that I will get a reply within 48 hours. It’s been over two weeks and still nobody has got back to me.
Please do not share your credit card info with them.

Abhinav
Checked in : 21st Nov 2013
Complaint Reference No. 43477740

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AbhinavB30
Dear Mr. Abhinav,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We understand, we did not meet your expectation and fell below par. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We have noted your feedback about the billing issues that you had experienced during the stay and the same is being resolved by Mr. Anil Chuniyana, my Rooms Division Manager .
We thank you very much once again for bringing it to our notice, which is purely due to technical hitch in our system and rest be assured that we will take appropriate action to avoid such situations in future.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi on your next visit.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have visited Cochin for the 1st time for my business trip. As my office was in the close proximity I have got a chance to stay at Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean and smelling nice.
The best part was the breakfast which was complimentary of course had amazing spread. The south Indian part was authentic unlike other parts of the country, loved it.
It was just a night so I would say it was a short and sweet stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments of meal and room experience . It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

Raju Shrestha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#8 of 210 in Kochi (Cochin)
Radisson Blu Kochi
Radisson Blu Kochi
#4 of 30 in Ernakulam
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#5 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!