“Short and sweet stay!!!”
Review of Holiday Inn Cochin

Holiday Inn Cochin
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Short and sweet stay!!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have visited Cochin for the 1st time for my business trip. As my office was in the close proximity I have got a chance to stay at Holiday Inn. The rooms were clean and smelling nice.
The best part was the breakfast which was complimentary of course had amazing spread. The south Indian part was authentic unlike other parts of the country, loved it.
It was just a night so I would say it was a short and sweet stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments of meal and room experience . It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment and once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise

Raju Shrestha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed in some of the other hotels in Cochin and I have to admit Holiday inn provides the best value for money - the rooms are very nice and the staff are courteous. I haven't had breakfast here(due to early morning flights) but their dinner spread can get better is my feel.

Room Tip: Rooms don't have much of a view. May be u can ask for a room with front view as that is the bett...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, December 16, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about our product and team members. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

Pinkpower
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel could be great but there are many issues standing in the way. We stayed here so that we could be in close proximity to lulu mall. Based on the reviews and the fact that I had booked a suite I had high expectations. Unfortunately the hotel did not live up to our expectations. The service was totally hit and miss, especially at the restaurant where the staff seemed inexperienced. The food was ok. The most troubling thing for us was the state of the bathroom which was dusty and quite dirty. Perhaps the room had been left empty for sometime? The rest of the room seemed ok. In general, the property shows signs of wear and tear...these should be addressed as should the service which is really patchy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pinkpower

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We understand, we did not meet your expectation and fell below par. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We have noted your feedback about our products, housekeeping and the services that you had experienced from us, and we rest be assured that we will take appropriate action to avoid such situations in future.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,549 helpful votes
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here on a redemption night recently (amazingly only 5000 IHG points). Room was quite comfortable and wifi was included as a member of the loyalty scheme. Location is a little inconvenient if you're there for sightseeing: distance of almost 20km from Fort Cochin. But plenty of transport available with an auto-rickshaw stand located close by (good luck trying to get them to actually use the meters!!)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, November 6, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi as an IHG Rewards Club Member!

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us ! It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

Kerala
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed there for 02 nights during August' 13. The accessibility to the hotel was good from the city. The lobby was big and well organised. I had a twin bedroom and the room was nice. It was having a view to the main road and from the rooms the visibility was good enough to have a view around many distances (being one of the tallest buildings). The amenities provided in the rooms were good. It includes a weighing scale as well!

The sleep quality was good, had a very nice wide spread breakfast in the morning, we really enjoyed it. The staff in the restaurant was nice and attentive but need some more energy.
We didn’t have enough time to roam around the hotel. One thing I found interesting that if one needs to operate the lift from the lobby level, they need to have their room key card then only it can be operated. I found the Corridor darky and the attentiveness of the staff’s towards the housekeeping need some improvement.

Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, November 4, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciative your comments about our product and the meal experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

We have noted your comments about our housekeeping team members and the corridor lighting, please be rest assured that we have taken necessary trainings and corrective action to avoid the same in future.

Kochi
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Located at almost at the heart of the city. Service is superb with food at Roma (Italian Resturant) which is mouth watering . Rooms were clean & an has a great view from the 16th floor. Breakfast spread was good with a local flavour. Service /caring by the team is just superb

Room Tip: Any room above the 8th floor will give you a good view. I stayed at 16th it just great specially the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about our service and the meal experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

Dammam, Alsharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was a splendid experience I had with Holiday Cochin - Their hospitality was superb especially their food with many options (Indian & continental combination for the dinner buffets) - full credits to the Executive Chef - Mr. Joji who had given us special treatment and arrangements.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about our hospitality and the meal experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

Raju Shrestha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 202 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,929 reviews
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#2 of 29 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!