“Nice, nice, nice”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice, nice, nice”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I liked the hotel for the rooms and great staff. I stayed in the club room, which was very neat and smelled fresh. The bed was amazing, though i had to sleep on the roll away as family refused to move from the main bed. A good writing table and chair, LED TV with selection of channel, bedside operated light controls, superb view from windows, large swimming pool. Wifi is not free.
Bathroom was large and luxurious. I availed both room service and eating out at restaurant. Both were good experience.
Hotel also has a spa, who were accommodating to my late request and still treated.
The staff is great and looking to serve you. Even though a part was under renovation, overall good experience with room and staff made me ignore that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Muscat, Masqat, Oman
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is exceptional in terms of the cleanliness & service. Especially the staffs of front office & the restaurant are exceptionally good. Breakfast was ultimate with local cuisines also part of the menu. Evenings was with live band found good . A good gym & pool makes ur stay much better. Only negative was that in the evenings to avoid the Mosquitos spray was done in the entrance lobby.this was the only negative to say. This location is not in the town centre so will have to commute through the traffic to reach the town in the busy timings. Overall excellent

• Stayed October 2012
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, August 28, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Cochin!

We thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Cochin!

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciative your comments about our Service and the meal experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when valuable customers like you takes time and acknowledge it.

We have noted your comments about pest controlling and necessary action has been taken to avoid the same in future. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed for a night and found this place a nice business hotel !.. rooms were good, but the location isnt great.. it in the outer ring road, but now would be closer to the newly opened Lulu Mall.. hotel was fine for a quick business stay..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Srikanth_Iyer1201
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, August 16, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Cochin!

We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around extend great and impressive service to all of our guests. It is always hugely motivating to me and my team when valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Recently I visited kerala with my family and stayed in Holiday Inn Cochin. We had a wonderfull time during our stay in the hotel, the staff was good and helpful. The hotel has good restaurants and food was amazing. Holiday Inn in kochin is located near some good malls which will takecare of your holiday shopping. Altogether we had an excellent time during our stay in kochin.

• Stayed June 2013
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, August 12, 2013

Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spend 3 nights here and was impressed by the hospitality and quality it exudes. The check in was smooth. The room was immaculately clean. The staff were courteous and always willing to help. The break fast spread was impressive and served local delicacies including crisp Dosa and appam. Special mention to the roving Chef Michael who offered personalised service and took feedback in a positive manner. Wifi had a free option with impressive bandwidth, good enough for streaming videos. I was able to obtain print out of a document simply by emailing to the reception and delivered to my room in minutes.The travel desk updated my of my flight status promptly. Overall immensely satisfied with the stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with great confidence, for the favourable location, excellent service and the well maintained rooms and amenities. Easily the best in Cochin at present.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, August 4, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin

You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative your comments about our Service and products we offered. It is always hugely motivating to me and my teams when valuable customers like you takes time and acknowledge it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment and once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was immensely impressed the first time I stayed here but standards have definitely declined. I had problems with the phone, the shower worked intermittently and the buffet is so so at best. Very friendly service but they just didn't seem to be able to fix things. Also the room wasn't exactly cleaned properly.

Room Tip: Noisy if you are on the wrong side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Sir,

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin!

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around.

We understand, we did not meet your expectation and fell below par. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We have noted your feedback about our proucts, housekeeping and the services that you had experienced from us and we rest be assured that we will take appropriate action to avoid such situations in future.

Thank you again for your comments.

NYC
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here as my Cochin colleagues strongly recommended and arranged. The hotel is new, clean and beautiful and much better than ordinary Holiday Inn standard. However I encountered the following problems.

1) No hot shower in my room (!) and in health club. I ended up taking cold water shower and it was very uncomfortable. I run water for 45 minutes and asked the hotel to fix. Could not be done before my departure. So please make sure your room has hot water/shower when you check-in .

2) Because of the above, I could not enjoy a breakfast fully. It was such a rush...(10 mm)

3) Strange noise throughout the night... I thought it was a music (bass sound) but could not be. Could be a generator or some mechanical noise, I guess. could not sleep well.

4) When I checked in, a bell boy told me that the hotel heath club and fitness was from 7:00AM, it was 6:00AM (I could have gone there earlier and stayed there longer (I had only 30 mm).

5) When I went to the health club at 7:00, no sauna, steam was on. I asked the health club person, and went to the pool for 15mm. The steam was not on. They turned on finally but since I had limited time, it was not enough time and I left (without having a shower because no hot water... then I could not take a shower at all as no hot water in my room too).

The hotel promised to address above issues and will ensure my next stay will be much more enjoyable. Not sure I will return though....

Room Tip: My room (715) had very strange noise, I thought it was a drum or music (constant base sound) but it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Madam,

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin!

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around.

We have noted your feedback about our products and services which you experienced and rest be assured that we will take appropriate action to avoid such situations in future.

Thank you again for your comments.

Raju Shrestha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Radisson Blu Kochi
#5 of 30 in Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 207 in Kochi (Cochin)
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#3 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!