“Best Hotel In Cochin”
Review of Holiday Inn Cochin

Holiday Inn Cochin
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Ernakulam
Reviewed June 7, 2013

As someone that spends 250+ nights worldwide hotel room each year, my expectations are extremely high when it comes to service, quality, and value. With that being said, Holiday Inn Cochin have raised that bar to an unparalled level! My stay was for 78 days, and although that's a long time in any one place, the entire staff, led by General Manager Raju Shrestha, made me feel completely at home in every aspect of my stay. From the warm, personal greetings I would receive when i would enter/exit the hotel, to the tremendous meals i had almost daily in any of the 3 restaurants on site, and really anything in between, believe me when i say this is truly a 5 star hotel in every possible way. Entire staff was extremely accomodating to my sometime demanding needs and on peak/off peak schedule. Whether it was having having my omelete ready almost immediately as i walked into breakfast, or having the band play a song for me they know i love pretty much everytime i see them, the workout area guys having the sauna ready after my workout, or simply the many conversations i had with the staff (Raju, Soma, Priyanka, Praveen, Sreeju, Ligou, Bijou, Rahul, Thanuja, Bharati, Laljy, Nilay, and so many others that i'm sure i'm missing ) there truly aren't enough great things I can say about my stay. It was really a joy to spend time at this hotel, and if you are visiting the Cochin area, there simply is no better place to stay.

Room Tip: Great view of the city on the high floors
1  Thank raybrazell
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin !

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us and you have covered all aspects of your stay.
We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. We are very delighted to read we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

When you are away from home for as long as I am you look for excellent customer service and a "home away from home" environment. Holiday Inn Cochin truly met and exceeded my expectations. The staff is a delight and concerns are addressed immediately. I dined in all 3 restaurants on this property, I used the gym and pool, I took advantage of the laundry/ Dry Cleaning service along with utilizing the car service on this property and I was thoroughly pleased with them all. My suite was immaculate and was always cleaned daily and the housekeeping staff took special note of the times my work schedule changed and made sure not to disturb my slumber. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and Holiday Inn Cochin has superior and at this point unmatched customer service. Under the Leadership of Raju Shrestha the entire staff go above and beyond the call of duty and it is truly appreciated. I truly recommend this hotel as a must "see and stay" property for your "Customer First" Cochin experience. You will not be disappointed in the beautifully kept property and you will surely enjoy the amenities they have to offer. Special thanks to Raju, Bharati, Praveen, Privanyka, Lijou (Driver), Thanuja, Soma, Nilay, Mahabir, Chef Michaels, Chef Lurlil, Manobee, Shreeju, Rahul, Bijou, Laujy, The Fellas at the Gym and Pool, Preethy, the 24 Hour Staff at Deli KC who took care of me when I got back to the hotel at 2AM and Afsana who would always greet me with a handshake and smile from when she was working in Masala and it did not stop when she moved to the Front Desk. I remember those names because they took excellent care of me and I also want to thank the ones that work behind the scenes and you never get to meet them but I am sure there is a support staff for all the ones I named. Once again I believe you will truly enjoy your experience here at the Holiday Inn Cochin

Room Tip: Suites will surely give you an apartment like feeling with having a separate bedroom from the living...
2  Thank JThomasFarley
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. You have covered all aspects of your stay.We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Overall my stay at the Holiday Inn Cochin was very pleasant. The staff is incredible. This is a 5 star Holiday Inn and lives up to every star. It is unlike any Holiday Inn I have ever seen. The Holiday Inn is a customer first friendly environment. If there is a challenge that needs addressing, the staff and leadership team are there immediately to make it right. The food is delicious and Chef Michael is to be commended on his excellent dishes. His presentation is worth waiting for. My room was very spacious and for the most part up to par. I had a few challenges but as mentioned earlier, they were taken care of directly. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Kochi (Cochin). You are in for an amazing time. There are 3 restaurants to choose from including fine dining and a fantastic sports bar. Hotel transportation is some of the best I have had. Drivers are courteous and knowledgeable of the area. I took advantage of the 24 in-room dining due to work hours. I can honestly say that 98% of the time my meal was exactly as I ordered. It was indeed to the point that the staff anticipated what I needed and made it an effortless experience. The Leadership team is of the highest standards and they continuously transfer that skill set to their staffs. Take a moment to enjoy the excellent health club or relax poolside. It was a great time here and I am glad I made the choice to stay at the Holiday Inn Cochin. Thank you Praveen, Mahabir, Soma, Prevanka, Chef Michael and staff, my Holiday Inn Cochin extended family.

Room Tip: 14-16 floors have the best few of the city. Rooms have great A/C
1  Thank Michael Mashif W
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. You have covered all aspects of your stay ,We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around extend great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations..

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in May '13. My spouse insisted that we stay here as he had been staying there every time he comes for official trips. My trip was on personal trip to Munnar hence stayed here. The room we checked in was the basic category . I had initial complaint for the cleanliness of the room which was immediately addressed by the staff and upgraded me to the executive one.i felt it was a nice gesture in taking care of my room issues.
The highlight of my stay was the dinner buffet we had on Friday especially ,awesome selection of cuisine . I wish I had time to try the breakfast buffet which I heard was equally good which i missed as I had to leave early for Munnar.Suggestion to the staff if they could start the breakfast buffet at least by 6:30 am or 7 am instead of 7:30.. It is suggested that people eat from here before they start their trip to places like Munnar as there will be no good restaurants you could find on your way to Munnar
Not sure why there wasn't a spa in this hotel .
Holiday Inn is always know for its excellent customer service across the globe and the same holds true here as well..enjoyed my stay here totally.

Room Tip: Get an executive room which has an open balcony it makes you feel right at home
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative about your comments about our Service and the meal experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my team when valuable customer like you takes the time and trouble to acknowledge it.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Cochin on your next visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here when my husband was travelling on business. Good location for business but right in the hustle and bustle of the city. Modern hotel with all you could need for a pleasant stay. The service here is excellent - nothing is too much trouble and whatever you ask for is there within minutes. We ate in the italian restaurant where the food was really excellent. I spent a few days just chilling by the pool and found I had the place to myself. Beautiful pool and on the roof half way up the building, you certainly don't feel like you are in the city. I used the gym facilities and had a full guided tour from a very helpful gentleman who even let me have the tv controls! Pool bar opens at 3pm for snacks and drinks - great service again.
Breakfast again was very good - a good selection of food, including traditional Indian and western style.
Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank getalonggang1970

Dear Sir,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Cochin !

We thank you very much for your taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Cochin! I am so glad you liked the service and friendliness of our staff, hotel facilities and dining experience. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Its a really nice hotel with lovely people for assistance. But one thing that scores more than all these facilities and services is the dinning experience! I just loved the food. We had from an elaborate buffet of North Indian,Thai, Italian, south Indian etc etc...It serves one of the most mouth watering dishes.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank soul23

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Cochin

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Cochin. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I will convey your special feed back on our buffet spread and the meal experience you had here, to our chef and his team.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

it was my first stay in Holiday inn kochi. very clean, good food, good location for business travellers.

maintenance team not proper respond. room interior, bathroom and furniture work is just ok.

overall good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pmsameer
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Sir,

Namaskaram from Holiday inn Cochin !

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us.. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am pleased you enjoyed our service and the products
We have noted your feedback on our maintenance team which was unacceptable and rest be assured we will take appropriate action .
Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Cochin on your next visit.

Raju Shrestha

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#13 of 229 in Kochi (Cochin)
Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin
Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin
#8 of 229 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!