All reviews mainland china rooftop bar massage chair high bar mood lighting chinese restaurant business class welcome drink roof top swimming pool top floor room service city hotel excellent hotel comfortable stay value for money nice property breakfast buffet
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Dream Cochin is more of a business hotel. The building is on a main road, with a small porch and limited parking, but is quite attractive once you step inside. What greets you the moment you enter the lobby is an unusual steel sculpture of 4 elephants and some revolving 'disco' lights in the ceiling. I was staying overnight on my way to Gurgoan from Munnar and was upgraded to a suite (since they were hoping to win my company's account , I was told by my local guy). The suite is compact with a functional living room with a workstation and an LCD TV with a couple of sofa chairs.( All in white ). The decor is quite contemporary and room was well maintained. The bedroom had a queen bed and another LCD, (though fixed at a slightly inconvenient angle for viewing from the bed). As some reviewers have mentioned, the room provides an interesting gadget (more of a toy for grown ups) that can control the lighting in the room with 4 different settings, including the 'relaxing' blue one. Bathroom was well laid out with decent quality toiletries and great shower cubicle including a rain shower and massage shower.
The buffet in the restaurant was an okay one. Decent variety but not an elaborate one, especially for the vegetarians. Indian breads took quite some time to arrive. The breakfast buffet was filling, though I had a similar experience with the omlette. The staff was in too much of a rush to clear the dishes as I found my half consumed omlette missing when I returned after refilling the juice in about 15 seconds :-)
Overall a nice place and I wouldn't mind staying again on a business visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank kedarvashi
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We had searched for this hotel on TripAdvisor and booked it through a local tour operator in Kerala. It was a great hotel. A 5 star experience. The amenities were great. The rooms are great. The deluxe room looks like a suite. Big bathroom, massage chair, dim lights, cozy beds. The hotel is located in a central location. The restaurant and the food was also great.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank saket08
Reviewed August 1, 2010

There are so many better hotels in the area!! Location poor, food not that great in all of the 3 restaurants and everything is very expensive. You have to wear closed toed shoes just to get in to the nightclub. My husband had on a very expensive leather, slightly closed, sandal and they wouldn't let us in. We didn't bring any other shoes with us. Never again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank smarm98
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Fantastic interior with nice sleep bad and have a excellent food court,swimming pool,and Bar

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Pros: Good location, impressive styling in the lobby and the rooms.
Cons: This place reminds me of a pretty girl who has nothing on the inside. I was really looking forward to the stay when I arrived, but coming into the room I started to see this places flaws. The fancy electric lighting system which was remote controlled was confusing and not user friendly, much like the two remote controls you need to watch tv. The bathroom had a weird smell. We took some family to the restaurant for dinner, and to say we were underwhelmed was an understatement. The starters and main dishes on the buffet looked great, but they were without any taste. Even the indian dishes were not tasty. Dont get me wrong, things in this hotel arent bad...they are just not good...I would this place is ok. The service including the conceirge was also unhelpful. We wanted a traditional kerela massage, but we needed it before noon, their spa didnt have staff for women until the afternoon. So we called the conceirge who was less than helpful, until we finally pulled out of him the spa at Le Meridian.
Overall: Its a shame, this place could be a nice place if there was some emphasis placed on quality aswell as presentation. If you can, and your budget affords it stay at the Le Meridian at least from our spa experience it was top notch.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple