All reviews mainland china rooftop bar massage chair high bar mood lighting chinese restaurant business room business class top floor value for money comfortable stay room service city hotel excellent hotel swimming pool is nice property breakfast buffet is
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I and a couple of colleagues stayed at the hotel few days back. Though I was a bit apprehensive of staying here in the context of other regular names like Le Meridien, I went away very impressed.

The hotel has a contemporary feeling - everything shiny, new and clean. The room lights with all the fancy blue lighting do tend to misbehave with the myriads of controls - no complaints but perhaps a bit over the top. The staff is very polite and the housekeeping was super prompt with a couple of requests we had.

What took the cake was the restaurant - Keshia. 8-9 of us had dinner & drinks there and the local food was dished out in spectacular form. We had a couple of fish & beef dishes which were done really well Kerala style. Most visitors may not level of adulteration of drinks in Kerala so it is almost always advisable to stick to brands like Bud which you would get the original form in Keshia and other star places.

We also had breakfast in Keshia and I was really surprised at the well thought out Breakfast Buffet. The chef's take a lot of pride in the preparation and the Appam + Egg Coconut curry is simply divine and not to be missed. Chef Ranjan and I had a chat and the knowledge level & passion behind the job was super evident.

Will certainly stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

28th July 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful feedback, we at DREAM always emphasize in rendering best of services to all our esteemed guests and hence take pride in doing the same. It is a pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

nice hotel to stay. lift could slow you down a bit, otherwise a good hotel. hotel is in good location. services are average, have almost an hour ride to airport. nice swimming pool on the roof, perfect.

Room tip: choose towards the eastern side
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

28th July 2014

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a wonderful meal at keshia on 23/7/14 the menu was TDH and was served perfectly as per our expectations, the quantity and quality of food is great
I would defenitly recommend to my family and friends in future

A special thanks to Suraj Kumar & team for making our a remember able dining experience( I want to name every team member in the outlet but could not recollect the names)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to know that we were able to make your visit to DREAM and KESHIA worth memorable.

We are highly honored to get such a review on the food and happy to know that you enjoyed the same. Your kind compliment have been passed to individual associate. We assure you best of services at all times and would love to see you again.

Once again thank you so much for this remarkable comment.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2nights after our stay in Deshadan Backwater Allepey..I have no regrets,best value for money.The staffs are great at hospitality and made us feel so comfortable.I emailed the hotel earlier for some arrangement prior to arrival.They went all the way beyond expectations.The Dream Hotel is the best because:
-they upgraded our club room to club suite for free
-room was so comfortable
-early and quick check in
-complementary suprise birthday cake for my husband
-the bed was decorated with rose petals as per request
-late check out since our flight was only at 11pm
-the staffs were so welcoming and ever helpful...to Mr.Divakar shukla,Mr.Sumesh,Miss Joyce,Mr.Zubir,Ms.Ruby and the rest of the team.We love you guys.Cant thank you guys enough..
-location is ok
-high bar was excellent and the non veg platter was delicious
However, I wish the buffet breakfast had more choices,it's sad that Keshia restaurant didn't have buffet dinner(I guess due to low season)
Anyway we had great time there!!will not hesitate to stay again on my next trip

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for the excellent comment about your stay in DREAM. It is such an honor to learn that we were able to live up to your expectations and glad that your stay was memorable.

We assure that we will keep the same level of our service rendered and would love to serve you again. Your individual remarks have been passed to concerned associates.

Once again many thanks for this wonderful feedback and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Dream Hotel is without a doubt, one of the best in its class in Cochin city. My gang of 7 (4 adults and 3 kids) stayed in Dream hotel last week. The stay, although only for 2 days, was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
The location is very convenient, very near to Vyttila Junction, but at the same time devoid of the snarling traffic congestion of the city. It is quite easy to spot, with the lettering of its name quite prominently displayed vertically on its superstructure.
The automatic gates do take a bit of time in opening, but once that is crossed, the drive way leads to the entrance, which is manned by hotel staff and security, who are very polite and professional.
The hotel lobby is nicely done up- the 4 elephant statue in the middle of the lobby presents a curious spectacle, and draws all shutterbugs to it. The color-changing chandelier is also a nice sight to behold. The floors are spotlessly clean.The carpets are done up in a blue 'space age' hue and filled with shooting stars and what not. The sofas are comfortable. There was also a welcome drink- colored blue, which was liked by all.
The reception staff were very polite and took some time to interact with us, and the kids. The luggage was efficiently transported to our rooms.
The security personnel handled the Valet parking too, providing us with tokens in exchange for the keys.
We occupied two club rooms on the 14th floor, and on entering it, we were taken aback by the big size of the rooms. It was nice to see that the club rooms had a separate sitting room and bedroom. The furniture and walls were all done up in white, which is a smart move by the hotel. The floors are carpeted blue. The AC worked perfectly, and the guest relations officer who guided us to our room, was efficient and explained the remote controlled lighting, and uses of all the essential call buttons in the room. The lighting system was a novelty- I admit, and kids will love playing with the remote for quite some time, while jumping on the soft beds. There was a well stocked mini-bar, and also available were sachets for milk powder, tea, coffee and sugar. Two small bottles of mineral water are complimentary.
The in-room dining was OK, food items are expensive. Paid wi-fi charges were a bit too high.
The club room had 2 LCD TVs, and the channels on offer were OK. The bathroom/toilet was clean, and had a separate glass paned shower cubicle. The variety of toileteries were quite nice. The towels were soft and clean too.
The housekeeping staff were very accommodative at all times, and refreshed the toileteries and towels on request.
We had a complimentary buffet breakfast which was enjoyed by all, and the spread was quite satisfactory. The chef talked to us, and also suggested waffles for the kids, which they enjoyed. The bacon I had there was very good. The female staff of the restaurant keisha were very pleasant and helpful.
We took a lift to the 24th floor which had the swimming pool. The pool was clean, and the water was devoid of any chlorine odour and was crystal clear. We thoughly enjoyed two days in the pool, with only the windy rains playing spoilsport at times. One side of the pool was around 3 ft, while the other was near 6 feet. Towels at the pool side were clean. I would definitely advise visitors to carry their swim gear along.
Sleep quality in the room was 10/10. I recieved my morning newspaper on the first day, while it was mysteriously missing on the second.

Points for the management:
1) It would be great if you could ask the guests who travel with kids if they would prefer an extra bed/ matress for them. This is a thing which many 5 star hotels do without having the guest ask them first, and of course it would be great if it is provided on a complimentary basis. Fitting a family of 4 into the bed is quite difficult, and I had to use the services of the sitting room sofa.
2) No guest likes to miss his morning newspaper- so do make sure it is there.
3) The buffet breakfast spread is nice, but I would request you to procure quality sausages and ham. The chicken sausages which were offered were tiny and not as soft as expected. Also kids would prefer if they were given the non-peppered variety. For adults, the peppered variety is fine.
4) A play area for kids is just a suggestion I am putting here, because I understand you are a business hotel. but sometime when one needs to get useful work done, there should be something to keep the kids occupied.
5) If there was any way to make the swimming pool covered during rains (retractable roofing), it would be great. The cold winds during rains do definitely chill one to the bone.
6) Wi-fi charges have to be reduced.
7) Windows need cleaning regularly. The reason I say this was that eventhough the room windows are double paned, I could see lots of dead mosquitoes in between the panes, and it is an off-putting spectacle early in the morning. (Room 1412)

Room tip: Select club rooms on the 14th floor
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

20th July 2014